“Excellent staff, horrible smell”

Grand View Inn & Suites
Ranked #64 of 140 Hotels in Branson
USA
“Excellent staff, horrible smell”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Room was clean, and hotel is non-smoking but every exit had a cigarette bucket and smokers standing in front of hotel doors. Smoke wafts in and if your room is one of the closest few to the exit you are sure to smell it. The maids try to counter this by using extra chemicals in the hallway creating a noxious mix sure to burn your throat. On the other end of the hallway, the ice machine is just outside your door so bring earplugs. If however you are on the first floor (without ice machines) the rooms closest to the front desk are disturbed by loud walkies in the laundry next door or by people coming and going to breakfast. The food rates at good as a Holiday Inn, and the front desk staff was professional and polite. The room was clean and the location is excellent. Having a microwave and fridge was a huge bonus.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Neosho, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We do not have the chance to go to branson very often. My friend told me about this hotel so we booked a room. We were so excited about our trip. We get there to check in, and even though I booked online with my card, no where on the sight did it say needed a credit card for incidentals. So this Victoria asks me for a debit card to swipe for incidentals, even though I paid cash for the room. I do not carry cards with me any longer due to identity theft and stolen in the past. She was very rude and had to call someone else held us up for about 30 minutes. I had to put down a cash deposit along with the money I paid for the room. Of course I did the deposit back the next day, but I will never give them my buisiness again. Told the manager the next day all I got was a mere sorry that happened. I am contacting the owner. Branson has so many hotels. I am sure they would love to have our business. VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED. The only person that was nice and pleasant was the lady that made the breakfast.

Room Tip: Higher floors do not smell like smoke, but I will never stay here again due to the rudeness of staff
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Pam L
Raytown, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stopped in late and left early. Very clean and quiet place to stay!! We will be checking this place out again in the near future!! They did a price match of another website. Wish we had more time that we could have stayed

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeannette8162014
Frankfort, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed here this past weekend on our first trip to Branson, choosing this hotel only on reviews and price. It was very quaint and beautiful!!!!!!! Dale at the front desk was the NICEST and was a great help!!!! The room was perfect with a very comfy bed!!!!! The only minor thing is the shower head is so low and I'm not a tall person, but that was easily overlooked with all the other great things! We will definitely be back there again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Camdenton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

We stay here on December 14,2013 because our favorite motel in Branson was not available. The front office staff was very friendly. The room was very nice, the bed was very comfortable, tv was a good size, the bathroom was very large The breakfast was very nice and a lot of choices. We will stayed here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Loudon, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

The room was clean as was the lobby. The bathroom is very tightly spaced. When I stepped into the shower I knew I had a problem. I am 5'9" and the shower head was lower than my head. I prefer to back up to a shower and let the water/suds run down my back. In this shower you have to do it forward. Most hotels are very lacking in the shower pressure but at least they are high enough to wash comfortably. This was not standard height. When the lady at the front desk asked about my stay I replied "pretty good" and she said that there must have been a problem. I told her about the shower head and that I know it is a plumbing thing that would cost to fix but she seemed to get irritated and didn't like my comment. I didn't pursue any further interaction with her after that. If a bus group is there be prepared to carry your luggage without a cart, there is only two and she felt that was enough when asked. If the showers are raised during renovation, I might recommend it but at this point it is only beneficial to short men and women about the height of 5'. The mattresses were the best part of the stay. They use Serta brand and they are very comfortable and provide a good restful sleep. Also the noise in the hotel carries through easily. Someone slammed their door and it sounded like a bomb went off outside.

Room Tip: Try for a handicapped accessible type room. The regular double queen was all that was available and...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patrick P
MANNFORD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I didn't have any problems as stated by the previous postings. The place is nice and has a great location. Not a great breakfast but I am more concerned about the bed comfort. They were all new and I would go back. Just on the hill from Tanger Mall....so no problem with parking. Just walk down the hill to shop. The entire staff was very friendly and were engaging.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family