“Nice place. Manager who?”

Grand View Inn & Suites
Ranked #70 of 139 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 23 April 2014

After reading many reviews I had decided to stay here about a month ago. Check in went smoothly, but I kept getting stared at by this woman who worked there. Come to find out she was the manager. She just looked at me like I was a piece of meat. How about being nice to your guests? I felt like I had something to be stared at for. It was really unpleasant and I did not enjoy that at all. I just wanted to be checked in and avoid the lobby the rest of my stay. The woman at the front apologized on behalf of the manager and told me that she seems to have that affect on people. If I were the owner, I would make sure this woman wasn't there very much. She was not a nice person to have representing your hotel. I will think twice before staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jennett m
There are newer reviews for Grand View Inn & Suites

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed two nights at this hotel, and thought that it was very nice for the price. The rooms were very modern; including a flat screen, microwave, and refrigerator. The shower seemed to be the only thing that didn't get updated, but was still clean and in good working order. I booked our room online and got a very good rate. My only complaint is that when we checked in and went up to our room, they had given me a "complimentary upgrade" from a one bed room to a double; which I didn't want. They corrected it after I went back down and explained that I didn't care for their "upgrade". We had a nice clean room, and friendly service. The breakfast was better than I had expected, with a good selection to choose from. The location of the hotel is great. We will more than likely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 758grantg
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This hotel is perfect for Tanger Outlet Mall shopping!! Right next to the parking lot of Tanger Mall!! The beds were comfortable AND they have a hot breakfast in the morning!! Located right next to Denny's, Krispy Kreme, and Wal-Mart is just across the highway. Convenient to IHOP, Cracker Barrel, and Red Lobster too. There are several alternate routes to avoid traffic on Highway 76. This hotel would be best for adults, because the pool is very small and kids might be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SSCheerMO1994
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Every year we go to Branson at least once sometimes twice. We try and stay somewhere new each trip. This is the first time that we have stayed in a place I felt that was clean enough to return. The room had been recently updated with new beds, furniture, large flat screen tv, ect. The only thing that hadn't been updated was the shower but it was very clean. It was very quiet there, never heard anyone or anything until morning when people started leaving. Check in and out was super easy and friendly. I usually do not go to the desk, but I made a special point to go and express my happiness with the cleanliness of the room. If they have a vacancy next time we are in Branson, we will stay here again. Conveniently located right between Krispy Cream doughnuts and Tanger Mall.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank dmel68
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We were moved here when our first motel did not work out. The staff was excellent and very helpful. The room was quiet, very clean, and everything worked. It was close to everything we wanted. We will try to return here next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank va3slj
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel was perfect for my boyfriend and I. It is located right off the main strip. We were pretty much in the heart of the main strip. If you are looking for a grandeur place, this isn't for you. They are very simplistic. The hotel smelt clean, the horrible smell people are speaking of was probably the cinnamony-vanilla air freshner all throughout the hotel. I personally loved it, it smelt like Thanksgiving. The staff was very nice when we checked in and out. The lady who handled the breakfast area was very friendly and kept everything stocked right up until when breakfast ended at 9:30. We ate breakfast around 9 both days and still had the variety as if we had come when it began at 9:30. Bananas, yogurt, coffee, milk, water, juice, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, cereal, donuts, bagels. The beds were actually kinda firm which really isn't for me, but somehow I rested pretty well. The tvs were nice and big. The bathroom was small, I'm only 5'1" and weigh 110 and it was a little cramped for me. But I loved this place and will probably be staying there anytime I go to Branson. I highly recommend it for anyone who is looking for a good place to sleep and relax in-between shows and attractions. It was very clean and welcoming, and I didn't have any issues with loud noises or anything disturbing me when I needed peace and quiet.

Room Tip: I stayed in 204 and the room was really quiet and nice. It was a King room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anastasia P
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Room was clean, and hotel is non-smoking but every exit had a cigarette bucket and smokers standing in front of hotel doors. Smoke wafts in and if your room is one of the closest few to the exit you are sure to smell it. The maids try to counter this by using extra chemicals in the hallway creating a noxious mix sure to burn your throat. On the other end of the hallway, the ice machine is just outside your door so bring earplugs. If however you are on the first floor (without ice machines) the rooms closest to the front desk are disturbed by loud walkies in the laundry next door or by people coming and going to breakfast. The food rates at good as a Holiday Inn, and the front desk staff was professional and polite. The room was clean and the location is excellent. Having a microwave and fridge was a huge bonus.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family