We own a timeshare in Maui and we exchange it often for properties a bit closer. This trip we decided to drive to Branson. Not just a hop skip and a jump but rather 13 hours on the road. We had hoped for Sunny weather but that didn't happen so we spent a lot of time in the unit. As most have said there's a lot of construction going on so be sure to ask for a room away from it. We were sorta glad it was cloudy because if it had been really sunny we would have been disappointed about the pool area or lack there of. There is absolutely NOT enough pools, chairs, etc for the number of cottages in this community. Also the restaurant seats about 20 ppl so don't plan to have a nice dinner in some nice restaurant. The food was actually really good but the service was average and the room cramped. They offer a breakfast on Mondays for $12 pp. it's a buffet and it's so you can sample the shows available in Branson. Take my advice and skip it. Mediocre eggs, cold biscuit, potatoes and meat served on cheap paper plates with plastic cutlery - crammed into a little room that is not set up for shows. We stayed for 2 hours and finally said when is this over and was told it could go on until 1pm. No thanks. We left. Lastly the room - floors were filthy. I had read a review somewhere and the guest said the same thing. I couldn't believe it myself. We ended up sweeping and mopping the whole place when we arrived. It's a great location close to everything and that's a plus. But overall we were a bit disappointed. We will definitely try a different destination on our next exchange.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Ozark Mountains overlooking beautiful Table Rock Lake, Stormy Point Village is an enchanting resort styled after a timeless Cape Cod fishing village. With more than 200 two, three and four bedroom cottages, this resort is conveniently located minutes from endless attractions and great shopping. Stormy Point is a gated resort to ensure guest safety, and each standalone cottage is equipped with a full kitchen, 42-inch flat screen TV and private porch for relaxing. While close in proximity to the lake, restaurants and attractions, there is plenty to see and do without leaving the resort grounds. Stormy Point is complete with $11.5 million in amenities, making this a fine choice for any family. Resort amenities include indoor and outdoor swimming pools, the Pirate's Harbor Water Park, two restaurants, bar and lounge areas and a 63-foot lighthouse. There are also numerous resort-sponsored activities for families that include kid activities, seasonal events, and arts and crafts. Your home away from home awaits at Stormy Point Village. Relax in the picnic and play areas, enjoy leisure time in one of the two clubhouses onsite, and stop by one of our two gift shops to take home a souvenir that will bring back wonderful vacation memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Stormy Point Village a Summerwinds Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stormy Point Village a Summerwinds Hotel Branson
- Stormy Point Village Branson
- Stormy Point Village Hotel Branson