“Nice hotel but there's a train nearby”

Hilton Branson Convention Center
Ranked #26 of 139 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I recently attended a conference at this property. I arrived rather late due to flight problems. Check in was prompt. When I got to my room, it had two double beds, not the king that I reserved. When I returned to the desk, the clerk advised that all the king rooms were gone and indicated that my reservation was for two doubles. When I produced my reservation, he checked again and saw that someone (from the hotel) had changed my reservation. I pointed out my Hhonors diamond status and he located a room. The clerk handled this very well......he was very nice and fixed the problem. I don't know why my reservation would have been changed without my knowledge/consent and I view that as a significant problem.

My room was very nice, well maintained, and had a comfortable bed. It also had a safe and refrigerator. The shower didn't have much water pressure. My only problem was that this hotel sits directly beside train tracks. Trains came through at least 2-3 time in the middle of the night each of the five nights I stayed. The horns were loud and, at times, excessive. This is not conducive to a good nights sleep.

The meeting services were good; however, our rather small meeting was placed in the middle of a large group of girls in dancing competitions. They were loud, spread their costumes throughout the area, and often blocked the common areas with their practice. The staff could have done a better job of placing the smaller meetings at the beginning edge of the convention space so that group could occupy the remainder. The catering service and food were very good.

Room Tip: Ask for something away from the train if that's possible.
1  Thank hbhakh
There are newer reviews for Hilton Branson Convention Center

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed here three nights for a conference. The hotel is a great location for a conference. They have several meeting rooms of various sizes. They also handled the food and did an excellent job. They charge for parking so add and extra $10-15 to the cost of your room. They have an excellent view of the landing and the hotel is clean and up to date. The weakness I could see was the extremely slow elevators that often seemed to be full. We often had to go find someone to get our car out of the garage. Great location near the landing. I'd stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is a convention hotel that was hosting multiple events but you would not know it based on congestion. This hotel is laid out to effectively manage the traffic. This property is in a great location as well. Central to restaurants, and a great riverfront walking trail as well as a free trolley.

The staff is wonderful, competent and friendly. I was here for business but will return for a long weekend vacation. Flying into Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport was a smart move as ell!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our stay in March was great. Room was fine. The pool inside was crowded but outside pool was nice. Close walking to Bass Pro. Only have two questions for upcoming trip, does anyone have a direct email contact for hotel? Thanks

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Just returned from a conference at the Branson Convention Center. The facility is first-rate and the staff is efficient, fast and friendly. The room facilities are above average and the food served by the center for the convention was above average. Altogether a very pleasant experience.
Henry C

Reviewed 17 June 2014

stayed for convention 3 night. received a smoking room although I requested non'smoking. It made a real difference. If I were a cigarette smoker, the room and convention center would have been a great combo. as it was, the room always smelled bad and that is a real shame.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank BIGD1001
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I tried to call hotel directly so I could get a room on highest floor available and with a view of Lake Taney Como. The woman I spoke with could not understand me and I couldn't understand her. After about 20 min or better I got a room but doubted she had understood I wanted a room with view. Upon checking in my suspicions were right and front desk made arrangements to put me on lake side and as high as was available.
( tip to hotel move your reservations to states where English is 1st language ) ( tip to travelers if you want special room or needs wait till you get there and talk to person who understands English )
The reason for low rating is due to lack of ability to speak and understand English. Nice rooms comfortable beds and towels.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple