“Expensive with no value”

Hilton Branson Convention Center
Ranked #24 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Tulsa
“Expensive with no value”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Room was too expensive for only two double beds. Staff was arrogant and rude. Even with an expensive room, the internet was NOT free. Taxes alone at this hotel were over $50/night. Room condition was not in sync with cost ... stopper in bathtub did not even work ... with young kids this was a pain/delay! No microwave in room. Also even if you park your own car, parking is $10/night. On arrival know they zap your credit card with at least $100 over the room price. Outragrous. I was ebarrassed and offended by the staff. Never, never will I stay at this Hilton hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014
Alex H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Branson Convention Center, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and give us some feedback. I am deeply sorry to hear that our staff was not helpful during your stay and that you found our accommodations to not fit your expectations. We will take these comments to our executive staff so that we may enhance the experience at our hotels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I enjoy staying here because of the pool. It has a nice bar out outside and is easy to get drinks and snacks. The view of Taneycomo is great. The hotel is very convenient it is across the street from The Landing. My wife and kids can go shop there while I can go down to one of the many docks and fish for trout. I wish the hotel had the option of cooking the trout you caught that morning I don't mind paying for the service it would just be kind of fun.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the lake.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for reviewing our hotel, sir! I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us! I will have to bring your suggestion about the trout to our restaurant manager. I hope you caught plenty of fish! We look forward to seeing you next time with us.
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Know that when you stay at this hotel you are paying for everything - parking and Internet are extra besides the high cost of the room Most staff members are polite but one was rude to the point of us not understanding why she need to be so rude. None of us treated her this way???

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to apologize about the one staff member that was rude to you. We take our service very seriously and I will bring this to our staff's attention so that we may correct that for the future.
Springdale, Arkansas
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We chose the hotel as they have excellent one bedroom condo units that is outstanding. Large walk in shower, tub, granite counter tops and great bed. It is set up with living room and bedroom as I like to get up early and read the paper without disturbing my wife. Their pool is great but limited seats that they are in process of addressing. It is a nice walk to either the Landing or downtown Branson. We were on 9th floor that overlooked the landing and Lake Tanycomo. A definite place for our future stays.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the kind words about our hotel! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the condo room on the upper floor. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future!
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We took a road trip from KC for the first time visit to Branson with our son, his wife and daughter. The Trip Advisor reviews lead us to this hotel. Its advertised claim of a balcony view of the lake is somewhat questionable as once there to check in this becomes technical.
The 1 bedroom condo with balcony we reserved (or so we assumed) was to overlook the Landing entertainment area as well as the lake. When we arrived to check in all 5 (yes only five) of these rooms were full. We were offered a choice of a condo without the balcony on that side or the room type we reserved on the opposite side of the hotel. This is the view of old downtown, parking lots and the rooftops of older buildings.
The clerk informed us that the advertising is misleading and should be corrected. She offered that "technically" the view from the downtown side does include a view of the lake. So if you go out onto the balcony you can actually see the water in the distance. Not the view that was advertised at all. After observing our obvious disappointment she did offer to waive the $10 per day parking fee. Oh boy!
Also, the room our son reserved was just a king with no balcony. We asked if their room could be assigned close to ours. No problem. He got an upgrade to the balcony room across the hall with guess what. The view of the lake and the landing we wanted! This was probably the downgrade from the condo that we were offered.
This issue is the only reason for the average rating. We expected more for the price. The hotel itself is very nice and clean. The pool area and exercise room were also clean. The parking garage requires the use of your room key for both entry and exit. We did not eat at the hotel restaurant.
The close proximity of the Landing and downtown allowed us walking distance to lots of shopping, dining and entertainment. The Landing area is at the end of the main strip where most of the shows are located so you will need a ride to those theaters. We found that overall the majority of the people who live and work in Branson are very friendly.

Room Tip: The rooms on the west side get a lot of the afternoon sun but the train noise is buffered somewhat.
Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate the kind words about the cleanliness of the hotel. In the future, I would recommend calling and talking to our in-house reservationist regarding the condo rooms to ensure you get the room you are looking for. I apologize that this was such a confusing matter and will address the issue with our marketing team.
Overland Park, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is a great hotel, but don't plan a convention here. They definitely are not staffed to handle a large number of visitors. It is the same for the Landing, which is located across the street. They are never aware that conventions are being held and can't handle the influx of people. I am completely disappointed in the service at the hotel and in Branson.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I apologize that the Convention Center was not staffed enough for your convention. I will bring this information to the events department at the Convention Center so that they may improve their service.
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I recently attended a conference at this property. I arrived rather late due to flight problems. Check in was prompt. When I got to my room, it had two double beds, not the king that I reserved. When I returned to the desk, the clerk advised that all the king rooms were gone and indicated that my reservation was for two doubles. When I produced my reservation, he checked again and saw that someone (from the hotel) had changed my reservation. I pointed out my Hhonors diamond status and he located a room. The clerk handled this very well......he was very nice and fixed the problem. I don't know why my reservation would have been changed without my knowledge/consent and I view that as a significant problem.

My room was very nice, well maintained, and had a comfortable bed. It also had a safe and refrigerator. The shower didn't have much water pressure. My only problem was that this hotel sits directly beside train tracks. Trains came through at least 2-3 time in the middle of the night each of the five nights I stayed. The horns were loud and, at times, excessive. This is not conducive to a good nights sleep.

The meeting services were good; however, our rather small meeting was placed in the middle of a large group of girls in dancing competitions. They were loud, spread their costumes throughout the area, and often blocked the common areas with their practice. The staff could have done a better job of placing the smaller meetings at the beginning edge of the convention space so that group could occupy the remainder. The catering service and food were very good.

Room Tip: Ask for something away from the train if that's possible.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business