“Great Place to Camp!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Branson
Silver Dollar City's Wilderness
Springfield, Missouri
“Great Place to Camp!”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We really enjoy camping at this campground. This was our second visit this year and we have another trip planned later on this year. The campground is very quiet and clean and the RV sites are good sized and shady and you don't feel like your being watched every minute when your grilling out or just sitting outside! The camp store is good for things you forgot to bring and the shuttles to Silver Dollar City are awesome--they are free and they drop you off right at the front gate. Don't forget you get a discounted camp rate if you have Silver Dollar City park passes.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed in rental Trailer #1 June 23-28, 2013. We wanted to have the RV experience since we have always been curious about it! There were 4 of us: me, my husband and 2 kids. The trailer was a 28 foot unit with a furnished kitchen. I didn't know what to expect but was pleasantly surprised that they provided dish soap, paper towels, anything you need to cook with, and even some kitchen linens for our use. The trailer was not new and was well-used but we found it clean and ready to go for our stay. We were even able to check in a few hours early! It was a cozy stay--the bathroom was a tiny thing! To be honest, it was claustrophobic in there for my husband and I and we mostly used the public restrooms. They were pretty clean but could have used a bit more attention during this busy vacation season. We were happy overall with the experience and found it to be a nice departure from the typical hotel stay. We spent a lot of time outside in the evenings, lit camp fires and roasted marshmallows. We went swimming every day and my kids loved the pool area. We frequented the general store for all sorts of things. As is typical for these sorts of stores, prices are higher than the grocery store but they weren't exorbitant. The website states that maid service isn't provided to the rental trailers but our trash was taken out everyday and tons of bath linens were brought and dirty ones taken each day as well. We LOVED Billy Gail's restaurant for breakfast. It was just down the road from the campground. You can tell how good it is because people literally park on the side of the road to get in there. We went there because there aren't any eateries anywhere near the campground except this restaurant and quickly understood why people parked all over the place to get in there! I later found out this restaurant is frequented by all the permanent residents, too! Overall, it was a nice stay. Would definitely recommend it especially for the family who is looking for something other than the normal hotel stay.

Room Tip: This place is really huge. It goes on forever. The rental trailers are at the back of one side (they...
4 Thank Julie H
Mountain View, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We camp there for a week every year and have always had a wonderful experience. Christian staff, clean facilities, beautiful scenery, and family-oriented. Our kids have always enjoyed the pool, gameroom and playgrounds. My husband is in law enforcement and is very particular about accommodations, especially when tent camping. It is the only campground he will stay at in the Branson area. We recommend it to anyone that tells us they plan to camp in Branson. Can't wait to go back this month!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Crystal M
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

As a child, I stayed here with my parents in RV's and tents. Now that I'm a parent, my husband and I like bring our children here. The staff is very helpful, the atmosphere is outstanding, and the big cabins are awesome. We like the rustic and outdoorsy feel. It was nice to have the amenities plus the look of old times. We don't mind paying a little more for the cabins when it comes to all the room. After a long drive last summer, no reservations, we pulled in here to see availability. The lady at the desk was extremely helpful. We got the last cabin with no problem. So, in December 2012, we decided to take a week long stay. It was well worth it. It's like a modern need for an old time feel. We will definately return.

• Stayed December 2012
Camdenton, Missouri
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed here on June 21, 2013 - June 23, 2013, Nice cabin, with queen bed , trundle bed, kitchen with dishes, pans, microwave, refrigerator, towls, two burner stove. towels, full bath, cable tv, and wifi.. The staff was very friendly. They had a nice outdoor pool. Very quiet. We will book again when we go back to Branson.

Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I was there June 23,2013 from Kansas and it was a blast!!!! Loved the area, rides were fun, the workers always a help finding your way around the park. Great atmosphere for the whole family. I'm planning my next trip. I recommend going!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Chelsea, Oklahoma
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We stayed in one of the 50-amp rv spots for 2 nights, June 19th and 20th, checked out the 21st. We were in #7, which was very close to the camp check in, game room, swimming pool, general store, laundry and bathrooms. We went swimming numerous times, the pool was well maintained, and had several lifejackets for people to use. They close at 10pm, and they will come let you know when it's closed ;) We have passses to White Water and Silver Dollar City, and the kids preferred to stay and swim at the camp pool instead of either WW or SDC!! The general store had most of anything we could have needed, except 2 liters of pop (they had smaller bottles and even gallons of Red Diamond Tea!). They had bags of ice, all kinds of food (shelved and cold), drinks, pool toys, a few small rv supplies, and even a popcorn machine and pop fountain. They gave us menus and suggestions for a pizza place that delivered, too. The bathrooms were nice. There were 4 shower stalls, one was pretty big, the other 3 were big enough, just a tad smaller. The bathroom had very nice counter tops and plug-ins so you could get ready in there. The game room had several arcade games, and I think either air hockey or pool (didn't pay much attention), and a seperate sitting area with nice couches. I didn't get to check out the laundry facility. They also had a playground right next to the pool, which would have suited my 2 and 4 year olds well, but we just didn't have enough time. They also have a "1 mile walk for your health" sign posted by the general store, that guided you on a mile walk around the campground. We will do that next time!! Quiet time was from 10p-7am (?). and it really was quiet! We site out at our fire (they provide fire rings) and roasted marshmallows. No loud parties or anything, which was nice! The shuttle to Silver Dollar City is actually one of the SDC buses. Nice big bus, air conditioned, with the nice individual seats with seat belts. It drops you off right up front. The shuttle only runs every 3 hours, which was kind of a bummer. It left the camp at 9am, 12, 3pm, and 6pm. It can bring you back to the camp at 1145am, 245, 545, and after the park closes and after the show. We rode it several times and the driver was so nice! My kids loved him. The morning we were checking out, our RV wouldn't start (what luck??). I went to the front desk to let them know, since it was almost noon and check-out is 11am. She asked if I had talked to the maintenance man, I hadn't, so she called him. He was there within probably 5 minutes, and jump started our RV. My family love it and can't wait to go back!! The only complaint I had was when we checked in, they only had us down for one night, but they booked us a second night no problem. But when i looked at my band account, they over-charged us. It was only $7, we were supposed to get a discount for the SDC season passes, but they didn't give it to us on the second night. But this was not a big deal, we should have made sure when they were booking our second night that they knew we had passes :)

Thanks for your excellent service and site, Wilderness! Can't wait to see you again!!

Room Tip: The rv sites close to the general store were also right on the road, which wasn't super busy, bu...
1 Thank JenGreene2007