“Almost Perfect!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Branson
Silver Dollar City's Wilderness
Hoxie
“Almost Perfect!”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We have been to Branson several times and after staying at other campgrounds we returned to the Wilderness this trip. All the sights have lots of shade. Which most campers love! I would recommend requesting one of the sights on the back side so not to hear the traffic from the high-way. The main office and store is stocked with all you might have forgot or run out of. Our girls love the pool it is keep clean and at a good temperature.
With that all said I only gave it a 4 because of the laundry facility. It was not the cleanest and several of the dryers were not in working order. It did make for a long drawn out laundry effort as there were several of us trying to do laundry on the same evening. The laundry facility is on the back side of the main office. That is also where they keep some of their maintenance equipment which made it look rather junky. It was not visible from our camp sight so not a big deal but couldn't give it a 5 star.

Room Tip: Ask for a sight on the back side to avoid the noise from the Highway.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 4schamys

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Just returned from 6 day trip to Branson, we stayed in The Wilderness, Loft cabin with jacuzzi. Family of 5 including 3 boys aged 6, 9 and 10. We loved the cabin experience! It is cozy and the kids loved it. The kitchenette was great, we went to Walmart the day we got there and stocked up on breakfast and easy to make dinners. Great customer service, our cabin's barbecue grill did not work and they replaced it immediately with a brand new grill. We grilled hot dogs, hamburgers, etc, and had spaghetti, etc. Had lunch out during the day. Kitchenettes have full size refrig (bring your own ice trays), two burner stove, SMALL microwave and a sink. Dishes, pots, pans, utensils , etc for entire family. Lots of wildlife in the surrounding forest including blue jays, cardinals, squirrels etc, the kids loved walking around the place and exploring. Cabin has 2 air conditioner units that work great. Towels provided and blankets, etc. Overall we really enjoyed the cabin experience and we will be back every time we come to Branson!

Room Tip: Look at map of Wilderness and try to get a cabin away from the main road - we were in cabin 18 on th...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AirForceRetiree2012
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Stayed for two nights with a motorhome. The sites are not level. The staff was rude to my daughter. The shuttle service to Silver Dollar City was supposed to arrive at 5:45 and we waited for 35 additional minutes. The second day was the same, with the driver telling us the shuttle stopped arriving at 5:45 without a reason. My family we sunburned while waiting in the lot.
If you want to have fun at the amusement park you will. But the Wilderness RV Park is nothing but a hassle.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank GoodRVs
SilverDollarCity, Customer Service at Silver Dollar City's Wilderness, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback. We are sorry that your stay at The Wilderness Campground was disappointing. The happiness and satisfaction of our guests is important to us. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact us at 888-455-1383.
Illinois
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We were there in July, 2013. We have stayed in a couple different cabins here in the past few years and loved it. This time we were here with our kids and my wife's parents (6 people total). We stayed in a loft cabin with a fireplace & kitchenette. Being that it was July, the fireplace went unused. (My wife and I stayed in a smaller cabin in December, 2011 and did use the fireplace. It was a nice touch.) Since we had stayed in cabins before, we knew what to expect so there were no surprises. Check-in was quick and easy. We were there for 2 nights. They say there is no daily house keeping services, but they did bring fresh towels. With my season passes, the total cost for the cabin (including taxes) was about $330. This was about the same as I paid last year for a hotel room for 6 people (Branson has some rules regarding how many people can stay in a single room, and in order to LEGALLY get 6 people into a single hotel room, they require you to get a more expensive "over-sized" room or even more expensive, a suite.) I read another review complaining about the "dated" feel of some of the amenities and kitchen equipment. Remember, you are staying in a RUSTIC cabin. It is not intended to have the feel of a modern cabin or hotel room. If you want a more modern feel, then there are other choices -- and you will pay more for those other choices. We have stayed in a number of different hotels in Branson over the years. Given my recent experiences with the Wilderness, I will be coming back next time I stay in Branson. The only problem I experienced was with their wireless internet. It worked Ok the first night, and so-so the next morning; after that I couldn't get it to work from my cabin. (I did not try walking up closer to the general store.) This "problem" was most likely due to the fact that (at my request) I was in a cabin that was quite a way down the hill from the general store where their router/access point is probably located. Since I asked to be pretty much as far down as we could get, I can not blame them for the weak wireless signal. Given the nature of the campground, wireless internet is something I would consider a bonus, not a necessity (and I'm a computer tech!). The cabin had a nice flat-panel TV but I don't think we ever even turned it on. (We didn't travel to Branson and rent a cabin to watch TV!) A huge plus for us is the fact that the campground is a few miles away from "the strip" away from all of the activity in Branson. SO, all-in-all, a very positive experience. Exactly what I expected. And best of all, my in-laws loved it. (My father-in-law said "way better than a hotel room".) So, we'll be back at the next opportunity.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank M M
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

My family had a nice camping experience at the Wilderness. The free shuttle to Silver Dollar City was great and it is a nice location to go into Branson. The facilities were very good; nice big pool, nice game room and convenient store and large clean shower facilities. Only complaint is our site was closer to the main road than we thought, could hear lots of road noise. Also there was no grassy areas for the kids to play and the playground was new but very small with no swings.

• Stayed July 2013
Hartsburg, Missouri
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I am reviewing the cabins, not the rv sites. We stayed in one of the cabins with a loft. It was beautiful and all the amenities were first class! Similar to Big Cedar Lodge, but half the price (although admittedly not as nice) Everything y oh need is included except your food. Check in was super easy, can't say that about the reservations. You have to leave a message and they call you back. In this day and age I can't figure out why you can't book online, especially since it appears the people taking the reservations are the two ladies running the check in and store! The reviewer who complained about the steps should have booked a cabin without a loft, there are many that have several beds and no loft.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed at the cabins it was very rustic and cute, but kids under the age of 3 could fall through the stairs going up to the loft. we where very disappointed with the staff working there also. The arcade was run down and most of the games where OUT OF ORDER . the cabins weren't safe for our two year old

Room Tip: do not stay in the cabins with young children
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family