“No Baseball World Series Channel in the hotel!!!”

Branson Towers Hotel
Ranked #40 of 139 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Are you kidding? This hotel did not have the cable channel that carried the world series. Now it wasn't all bad, I could have watched a Pokemon cartoon or a great DIY channel without the volume on because the alarm clock radio in the room had the station that played the MLB World Series. So, I missed game 6 and 7 while staying there...yes I could have went to another establishment to watch, but had the family...it just wasn't going to be.

That being said, the hotel isn't all bad. The hotel staff is about as friendly as humans can be. The beds are very comfortable, the bathroom was very clean and we liked the location (off the main strip).

The family was not happy with the breakfast and wanted to go out after the first morning. I talked them into having cereal and made it up to them at lunch. I thought it was ok. The fridge in the room did not work, but that wasn't a huge concern for us for this trip.

Would we stay here again? Probably not because we have been more pleased with several other hotels in Branson at this price point.

Room Tip: Either stay near the lobby or at the back of the hotel if you would like to shorten your walk from y...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
JPayneBranson, Manager at Branson Towers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to let us know how your stay with us was.
First of all, please accept my sincere apologies for the fact that we did not have the channel that was broadcasting the World Series. I truly hope that my explanation below will show that this was out of our control.
Channel 5, which is now KOZL, used to be affiliated with the Fox network up to September 2011 (very recently). Since becoming an independent station, KOZL includes some of the Fox programming such as “Everybody Loves Raymond” and “House, MD”. Sadly, because the station is no longer affiliated with the Fox network, most of the Fox programming is not broadcasted, which included the World Series.
The station became an independent without our notice and it was out of our control. I do understand that those were very important games and I am very sorry that you did not get to see them.
I am glad that you got to enjoy your pillow-top mattresses and my staff showed you the Ozarks hospitality that we are known for. I am sorry that your family was not impressed with our breakfast, but I am glad you thought that it was acceptable. We do serve hot biscuits and gravy, sausage, eggs, fresh waffles, fresh donuts, cereals, fruit, 100% juice and much more!
I am sorry that the refrigerator in your room was out of order. Did you let my front desk staff know that? We have maintenance on duty at all times and I am sure the issue would have been taken care of in the matter of minutes, if it was reported to us promptly. Would you please get back to me and let me know what your room number was? We will take care of the refrigerator right away so that the next guest is not inconvenienced the way you were.
Once again, thank you for your time and I truly hope that you will understand that the station becoming an independent and no longer being affiliated with the Fox network was out of our control. We do strive to make each one of our guests comfortable and I hope that you will see you at the Branson Towers Hotel again soon.
Thank you!
Operations Manager

There are newer reviews for Branson Towers Hotel

Reviewed 26 October 2011

Tried to stay at this hotel last weekend. But when we arrived it was booked for the weekend before. Asked for a refund and a room. Was told no, its been over 7 days and we have no rooms. Yes its been over 7days cause it was booked for the wrong date. We knew when the vacation was to be. There were no rooms on the correct date we arrived, This was booked over the phone and we should have gone a different route apparently. Asked for the upper managment info and we were told they didnt have this at the time. Sent an email to them and its been 48 hours later and nothing in return. Not an even "we are working on the problem to see what happend."

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
JPayneBranson, Manager at Branson Towers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for emailing us about the issue. I understand that you called on the 11th of October to make your reservation. I am sorry that my front desk clerk was busy at the desk and had to return your call. Instead of having you on hold for several minutes, we prefer to call you back so that we are not wasting your time waiting on us. This usually makes our callers content and I am sorry if this has caused you any inconvenience.

Your reservation was made for the 14th of October. All the information was read back to you at the end of your conversation with my front desk clerk, including the confirmation number, dates of stay, room type, and total amount due. It is our policy to read everything back to you so that if there are any discrepancies, they can be corrected at the time the reservation is made. I have downloaded the video and audio of the time period when you called in which my front desk clerk clearly states the date of your arrival. We held your room for you for the 14th of October which was a sold-out night.

When you came in a week later, we were also sold-out and we did not have any rooms to accommodate you. When I offered to play the video and audio back to you, you refused. I am sorry but we do not have permission to record you when you call us and that is why I do not have a recording of your voice. But I do have the recording of my front desk clerk reading the information back to you and she stated that your date of arrival was October the 14th.

I do understand where your frustrations are coming from; however, I am not able to refund your money back to your card because that would violate our policy which can be found on our website.

Thank you very much.

Operations Manager
Branson Towers Hotel

Reviewed 25 October 2011

Easy to find. Close to our show. Friendly staff. We slept well. Enjoyed breakfast choice & speed in spacious sunny room. Look forward to staying with you again.

Reviewed 20 October 2011

This hotel was a very clean hotel. It is on a hill overlooking Branson and close to the Mansion where our show was located. It is also close to the Sight and Sound theater where we had previously seen a show. My mother recommended this hotel to us as this is where she stays when she comes to Branson to see the shows. We appreciated the full breakfast we received the next morning. The people who work here were friendly. The beds were comfortable. An indoor is provided, too.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
JPayneBranson, Manager at Branson Towers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2011

Dear Guest,

I truly appreciate you taking your valuable time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Your input is very important to us as well as our future guests that are making their decision on where to stay in Branson.

I am overjoyed to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. My staff works very hard to ensure that every guest has an experience similar to yours. We do have the most comfortable pillow top mattresses and deluxe pillows and our free full breakfast beats what our competition has to offer most of the time (not many properties in Branson provide 100% fruit juice for breakfast).

Please thank your mother for putting in a good word for us. We will be looking forward to welcoming your whole family back at Branson Towers Hotel soon.

Thank you again for such kind words.

Anna.

Reviewed 18 October 2011

the pool was great for the kids, it was a little outdated but very clean. it was a perfect location, close to everything but out of the busy area. continental breakfast was fantastic, included waffles, biscuits and gravy, eggs, cereal, donuts, oatmeal, fruit, etc. beds were very comfortable, nice new showers.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for letting us know that we met your expectations and that you found our property clean and our breakfast superb.

I do agree that some areas of the property look outdated and need attention. Since taking ownership of the property a little over a year ago, we have set a schedule for renovation and updating several of the areas.

In our view, the most important feature that needed to be changed as soon as possible was the mattresses. We have invested several hundreds of thousands of dollars into what we think our guests will value the most—pillow top mattresses and deluxe pillows. We believe that a good vacation cannot be enjoyed without a good night sleep.

A few months later we have completely renovated the breakfast area and have expanded our breakfast to include 100% real fruit juice, gourmet coffee, biscuits and gravy, sausage, eggs, fresh waffles, donuts (delivered fresh every morning). We have also added several other items such as hard boiled eggs and fresh fruit choices that have been frequently requested by our health conscientious guests. We believe that after a great night, fantastic breakfast is what our guests need to enjoy their Branson vacation.

We have just recently updated all the refrigerator/microwave combos in all of our Preferred rooms.

I wanted to assure you that our renovations are ongoing. We have several projects planned for the winter season.

Once again, thank you for taking your time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Anna.

Reviewed 13 October 2011

We just spent 4 nights at the Branson Towers and loved it! Pillow top beds and pillows were comfortable. Rooms are quiet. It was clean and plenty of room. Fridge, microwave and coffee pot. Friendly staff. Nice breakfast and wonderful gazebo room to eat and see the view. Shepherd of the Hills is a wonderful location too. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: discount if you have AARP
1  Thank SimoneIllinois
JPayneBranson, Manager at Branson Towers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such kind words. You are absolutely correct in saying that we have wonderful pillow top beds and deluxe pillows that are very comfortable. And yes, our Preferred rooms feature brand new microwaves and refrigerators and all rooms have coffee pots.

Thank you for complimenting my staff. They do a fantastic job and I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be looking forward to seeing you at the Branson Towers Hotel soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2011

The rooms are clean and very comfortable. The breakfast was good. Easy to find and easy to get to different places in the Branson area. Beautiful lobby, and the peach cobbler in the evening is an added bonus. All of the hotel staff were friendly and efficient. This is definitely our hotel in Branson next time we come. Loved the shows in Branson. Joseph Hall as Elvis is a must see, and so is Tom Mullica's Red Skelton Tribute. So much to see and do, needed more time in Branson.

2  Thank Cindy104301

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to let us know how we are doing. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much for such warm compliments!