Let me begin by saying that my review title, "location, location, location" refers both to the motel AND the room locales. Having stayed on Hwy 76 west of 65 a couple times, I decided to choose something on the east (downtown) side this go-around. In that regard, we were not disappointed as we were able to walk to Branson Landing, Dick's 5 & 10, and even a show (Hot Hits of Motown). When we did venture onto the west side of 65, I noted my husband's blood pressure climbed in direct proportion to how much time was spent behind the wheel.
Regarding the room itself, I had read enough reviews to know that this BW isn't known for spacious accommodations which is why I knew I had to at least book a king suite (only thing larger is the Jacuzzi suite). What I was not prepared for was to arrive at a little after 3 on a Friday to be told the place was booked solid that night (what? did everyone arrive before 3 pm check-in?), and a request to stay in Building B (one at back of site, hence, quieter) could not be met without taking a downgrade in room. I presumed the price would've been for a suite, but the clerk didn't make that clear. I should've questioned further... Anyhow, I said we would go with a king suite in Building A only to end up with one of the 4 rooms (A217) in the dreary and claustrophobic breezeway section of the motel. (I have attached photos to give you the general idea). On the positive side, we were but yards from our car so loading and unloading was a cinch. On the negative side, seriously, had we been in one of the center two suites (A215 and A216), I know I couldn't have handled it.
In regard to other aspects, I have no complaints about room cleanliness or the overall appearance of the property. The breakfast room in particular was a delight with many good options, both hot and cold, and a cheerful lady on duty. A couple other items of note, however, would be the weight of the bed duvet (much too light) and the constant whirring sound coming from the maintenance closet next to our room. We were so beat both of our nights here that thankfully it didn't prevent us from drifting off. Also, it would be much appreciated if a future upgrade (liked the new mattress!) included closet safes. Upon checking out, the clerk was quite pleasant, but oddly enough didn't ask about our stay. Isn't this standard procedure?
In summary, would we stay here again? We would probably opt for Branson Hotel, the b & b directly across the street; but all things considered, this is a solid option in a town with many choices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What a wonderful location close to Branson Landing. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Landing View Inn & Suites is located in historic downtown Branson where you can walk to the Lake Taneycomo waterfront, go on a lake boat excursion or enjoy hours of shopping at our endless shops, antique stores and much more. We are only minutes away from all the music shows and fun things to do for all ages. We are open all year. At our friendly reservation desk, you can start your vacation with a smile. Enjoy the life of leisure in our new hot tub, indoor pool and sauna. Make a reservation and save today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Landing View Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Landing View Inn And Suites
- Best Western Plus Landing View Hotel Branson
- Best Western Branson
- Branson Best Western