“Clean affordable resort on Indian Point”
Review of Tribesman Resort

Tribesman Resort
Ranked #86 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Let me preface this review by saying if you want a 4-star hotel, go elsewhere. The Tribesman Resort is more, well, rustic in nature. Our goal is always to find someplace clean to sleep (that doesn't break the bank), as we are hardly ever in our room when we vacation.

We stayed in the Timber Ridge section in a 2-bedroom apartment. Our room was definitely dated, with older furnishings & furniture - but it was spic and span clean. Even with food left out on the kitchen counters and table, I never saw one bug the entire time we were there.

PROS: Roomy kitchen/living room area, full kitchen with full-size refrigerator, appliances all in working order, comfortable beds, hot shower with good water pressure.

CONS: Wall unit A/C in the living area meant that the bedroom doors had to stay open in order to stay cool. Small vanity in the bathroom and no other available shelf space made it tough for 4 people to find a place for their toiletries.

One of the highlights of the resort was the swimdock. We made it down there two times & the kids had a ball jumping off the dock and swimming around in the cove. We don't own a boat & didn't rent anything while we were there.

We swam in one of the pools & used the hot tub while we were there. The hot tub was clean & well-maintained. I assume the pool was too, but we swam right after a storm so naturally there was a lot of debris floating around. I also liked the on-site laundry room, with free use of washer & dryer. We were lucky enough to be within easy walking distance of it. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Don't be afraid of the deposit that you have to mail in ahead of time; we got a refund check back in the mail within about a week of our departure.

Overall, we really liked the place and would definitely stay there again.

1  Thank pianogirl650

Reviewed 24 July 2012

My family of 4 stayed at the Tribesman over the 4th of July, 2012. We reserved a house in a timber top area - dutch house (two bdrm). When we checked in, we were very disappointed. The house smelled strongly of must and mildew - old carpet, old furnitrue, old beds, old everything. Cozy, but reminded me of cabins in Minnesota in the 60's. The problem was smells like this give my wife migraines. The rest of our extended family were in one of the new 6 bedroom houses -very nice. So we asked if we had any options for another similar small cabin/house - without the smell (and hopefully better all around). The owners were very accomodating and moved us into a 5 bedroom unit on the other side of the property, much better, as no smaller units were available. They also did not charge us any additional fees, which was very considerate. The pools near the newer houses are also better. The property is gravel lanes and dusty. The TVs in both the units we were in were old, not compatible with the new game systems that inevitably are a part of today's family trips. They gave us two 'adaptors', neither worked, and they didn't know how to hook them up. In the new 6 bdrm units where other family members were, the TV's were flatscreens and compatible with gaming systems.

Room Tip: Stay away from the older units.
1  Thank Russell O
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We have been coming to tribesmen 30+ years and last year it was three generations from our family there . We are always treated friendly and our rooms are always fine . If something would go wrong it would be corrected and I love the way the cater to family values I would never stay anywhere else. Jackie Messenger

Room Tip: All rooms are great but in the fall get a room by the indoor pool
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We booked at Tribesman for my daughter's week long softball tourney. I should of seen the warning signs from the beggining when I tried to pay the deposit over the phone but they insist on you mailing a check in. On arrival I stood in my room in Osage Jail area for 5 min trying to figure out if my family and I would be able to handle this place for an entire week. By no means do we need anything fancy as we are regular tent campers but if we are going to pay over $100 a night I do expect a little quality. Our room was small and dates back to the 60s, not that big of deal. Our beds on the other hand are the most uncomfortable thing I have ever slept on. The window AC unit is in the bedroom so you have the option of hearing this beast run all night or let your room heat up quickly. The sheets and pillows have to be at least 15 years old (think of a cheap 30 count sheet washed 1,000 times). The well water has too much sulfurcans which makes it smell like rotten eggs. I will say the only benifit that this place has is that they have an area that you can swim from the dock. Some of the other family's stayed in the newer 4 bedroom units which are nicer but are over priced and the same old beds. To top everything off I just had an interaction with the staff to ask them to fix the teatherball for the kids to play and the lady behind the desk was rude and unwilling to help. She thought I left so she was talking smack under her breath to herself. As I'm typing this review I have lost the free wi-fi signal 8 times. After this weeks stay I would never recommend this resort to anyone that plans on having a good nights sleep. Oh yeah no pets allowed but say hello to the cat with his own chair in the office.

Room Tip: Keep looking elsewhere.
2  Thank Jason M
lakefuntime, Owner at Tribesman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

My first thought on this is I am very sorry you are/were not happy with your unit. Please know that if you had offered your complaints upon checking in we would have refunded your deposit and even helped you find rooms elsewhere. We would do this as a matter of policy and courtesy.
My staff informs me that you were offered different accomodations here at the resort and that you declined them. Again if you were not happy, upon check in here, we would have given you your deposit back. Since you chose to stay here we assumed all was ok.
As for the internet. We, after extensive work on our hubs, have discovered that the problem is with the provider and not our system. This was not anything we did.
I asked about the teather ball incident and was given a different version of what occurred. If someone was rude with you I am sorry.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed at Tribesman as part of a Family reunion with our OH relatives. The multi-room units were
close together for easy visiting and group meals. We had a nice clean 20x40 pool only 70ft from our back door. It came with a sloped end to walk in, numerous chairs, tables, and loungers, and was 6ft at the deep end with lazy fountain splasing into the deep end..There were enough trees to offer good shade in the 105F tem
Our AC worked hard but kept both floor comfortable during the record breaking 100-106F heat the last week of June 3012...
The main great room was adequate for a family meal with a regular kitchen and washer dryer combind unit...The entry had a spiral staircase inside the unti and outside stairs for late nite entry & suitcase delivery..
Every Tuesday they serve vanilla ice cream at the main lodge from 6-7pm. It's a plain but well shaded & clean lodge area..This is a lower cost but comfortable place to stay but done' expect fancy towels, soap r shampoo_just a lot of useful room and amenities for your dollars. They were working on the WIFI when we were there but it still worked adequately...We'll be back in 2014 for the next reunion...

Room Tip: Ask for units close together if you have lots of family get togethers. Some units are farther away a...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank LEE O
Reviewed 2 July 2012

whole family loved every minute. great swimming and fishing. 5 swimming pools! this resort is right on table rock lake! the kids caught alot of blue gill, and my husband caught alot of bass. my personal favorite is swimming off of the dock in the lake. we spent time in branson, but did not need to because the resort was so wonderful. we highly recommend tribesman resort.

1  Thank Kari W
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We stayed in one of the 6 bedroom, 6 bath houses....plenty of room for our large family. We have been going to this resort for 30 years and are never disappointed with the fun, level of service, good times we have there.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family