“Expectations vs. Reality”
Review of Tribesman Resort

Tribesman Resort
Ranked #87 of 139 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

After reading reviews, we decided to try the Tribesman Resort out. Many things held true for us as was described in previous posts...some good and some not.

The atmosphere of the woods and lake was great. This was the main draw for us and define fly the best part of the trip. Boat rentals, kayak, fishing, dock use were all great! Very kid friendly, very kid safe. Many resorts cannot offer this, so take advantage if this is important to you.

The timber top section was as described in earlier posts...all spot on, including leaning floor, tv, wifi lacking, etc. No need to repeat. In my opinion, it's time for accommodation updates.

Little pricey compared to other stays we have had in Branson...but you need to decide if you want to have the convenience of the lake or be on the strip.

We always like to try new places...and add them to our future short list of potential stays...unfortunately, this one doesn't meet our list.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank RENOROX
ArnoW3, Owner at Tribesman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed the setting and amenities of our resort. We are also glad your family had a nice time. If you come back please talk to us. So that we can make your trip even better.
We have checked out the internet in that section and we can not find a problem. I do appreciate knowing if or when there is a problem. It is possible that the trees are causing some occasional drop outs. So we will do more trimming. ( leaves especially after a rain are known wifi signal blockers to some degree ) I wish we knew what room you were in so we could actually test your room specifically. This would benefit future guests and perhaps we could have solved the problem for you as well.
As for a sloped floor it is very slight and in only a couple of spots on the entire property. As a building sits it can sometimes settle a slight amount. I assume this is what is being referred to. Again I wish I knew which room this was. If it was an issue for you we would have moved you.
We are glad you enjoyed our property. If you come back please talk to us. Especially if something isn't right. We would very much have liked a chance to make your trip even better.

There are newer reviews for Tribesman Resort

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I debated on whether to give this place two or three stars. We did want to stay in a cabin setting so we could enjoy our loud family (nine of us total) and not disturb anyone else. Does that mean we traded a cabin setting for clean conditions and our usual creature comforts? Perhaps I should have adjusted my expectations. The location is great! Very close to Silver Dollar City. Pretty much right on Table Rock Lake. We saw deer and other wildlife. There was a little country store within walking distance. We were never disturbed by other guests--barely even noticed them.

Our cabin, which was a Timber Top Cabin, was in major need of some updating. The first words out of my 12-year-old’s mouth when she first walked into the unit: “It smells like old people!” It did have a musty smell to it that you quickly got over. The floor was not level, so all of my 10-month-old's toys rolled from one end of the floor to the other. It was quite funny actually, and provided a nice challenge for him. But after 30 minutes of crawling around, his knees and hands and feet were black. Disgusting! My guess is the carpets have never been shampooed and the linoleum has never been mopped. They did provide a dirty mop to use. But what's the point of that? You're just spreading dirt around instead of getting rid of it. There was also a dirt devil vacuum cleaner to use, but it was useless in sucking anything up. The beds were very hard--probably a good thing if you prefer firm mattresses. I can't comment on the pillows. We brought our own. The blankets were old and thin. The towels were a modge podge of old, worn out towels to newer, rough like sandpaper towels. The showers were disgusting (rust and mold). I liked their system of providing clean towels and other supplies daily, but they were a little stingy when it came to trash bags, paper towels and toilet paper.

The metal spiral staircase is very narrow and steep. I refused to let my two-year-old travel it alone. But it has to be narrow and steep to maximize the space. I appreciated that there was an outer staircase to access the second floor. It made it much easier to get our bags into the sleeping rooms. The size of the cabin was actually pretty spacious. I was pleasantly surprised. With nine people in one space, I never felt crowded. There were two four-top tables to eat at plus a patio table and chairs.

It was really nice that each section had its own outdoor pool. They aren't heated, though, and so the water was freezing. Perhaps we are not really the outdoorsy type of family, but it was too cold for me. The hot tub was great!!! The one indoor pool could use some help. It has that astroturf-type of stuff around it. I don't understand that at all. It traps the dirt and makes it impossible to clean if the area is constantly wet. At least with cement, you can sweep with a broom even if the cement is wet. Anyways, the indoor pool could have also used a good pool filter. The water was filthy. Lots of debris floating around in it, and I could see lint and hairs floating on the surface of the water. Not my cup of tea.

I appreciated that the resort provided family activities and food, even though we never took advantage of that. I liked the WiFi, and it worked well for me unlike some other reviewers. The staff was SUPER nice, so that was never an issue. I’m sure had they been notified about our “supplies” issue, it probably would have been rectified, but after being gone all day long and returning late at night with cranky kids, I simply didn’t want to take the time to make that phone call. That was my fault—not theirs.

This is probably a great place to stay if you enjoy the outdoors and are used to roughing it. I am not. We noticed one guest in the next cabin over chose to set up a cot outside and slept in that overnight. He probably had a great time! Some members of our family chose to walk the hiking trail. Just keep this in mind. Ticks are very bad this year. They came back covered in them.

Overall, I would have been really happy with this place if the towels and blankets had been newer and the floors had been clean. That would have earned them a five-star review from me. Next year we will be staying somewhere else. When we originally made our reservations, we tried to stay in a Timber Oaks cabin, but those were not available. My husband was under the impression that those cabins were recently updated. Maybe they are also cleaner. But the towels still would have sucked.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Diana M
ArnoW3, Owner at Tribesman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

We are glad you had a good trip but very upset about the fact that your room wasn't as clean as expected. I am passing your review to our maid staff to rectify this immediately.
As far as the pools, the outdoor pools are often a little chilly until late May. This year they have been slower to warm as we have had a cooler/cloudier Spring than normal. The indoor pool is always heated. As far as lint in the pool , I have never seen this in the indoor pool. So I'm unsure about how or when this could have happened . I will look into it though. Our pools are strictly regulated by the health department. We are proud to say that we have always passed with pools cleaner than the regulations require. Not everyone around here can say that.
I do wish you had told us about the floors. I would have sent an entire team in to make this right for you. Now I cant do anything but offer an apology . Our standards are better than this. So it will be dealt with swiftly. Perhaps we need to adjust something or perhaps someone messed up. It will be taken care of and I'm glad you let us know so we could be aware of it and act.
The Timber Top section is not the newest part of the resort. But, for some people it is their favorite section. People love the deer walking by and the quiet natural setting. So I'm glad you enjoyed that part of it.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I arrived after my mother,husband and children had already stayed most of the week so was only here for two nights.The place is not horrendous but it's not as nice as it could be.It badly needs updating and a really good deep cleaning.The windows are filthy and the carpet is stained and the downstairs area with kitchen and dining has a tv but no comfortable chair to set in.The upstairs is to small for more then 5 people to set comfortably at once when the weather is bad.They need to upgrade their towels and make sure staff is cleaning properly.The towels are very old and the blankets are very worn and thin.Personally I would start with towel and bedding replacement and then move on to carpeting and linoleum.You will get lots of exercise using the metal and very unsafe staircase.If you decide not to use the staircase be prepared to use very small and very uncomfortable dining room chairs to set on.

The TV's and Wifi where do I start..Ok so some of my kids love the outdoors and the others do not.They all to love to swim so that was really great for them because they loved being able to use the indoor pool.The toy area needs some major renovation because it smells really bad of mold and mildew.Mold and Mildew can cause serious health risks and is a danger to children and adults who have allergies and other health issues.I would avoid that building unless you like the stuff.The wifi is the worse I have ever experienced and in this day and age even if it is free it should be sufficient enough for all guests to use or not be available.I had a hard time getting even a web page to come up.I would wake up around 4 am to use it so I could surf the net.I don't know what provider they use but I suggest switching providers or finding out how to resolve the issues.

TV's are horribly outdated I would say all appliances are outdated.The tv is needed when it rains and for families who bring along their game systems in case of bad weather.You can forget it on these tv's they won't work it's good we brought along game boards.The out doors and really feeling like your in with mother nature is the best feature of this resort.We saw many animals and different birds and they have boat rentals and fishing supplies ect..The outdoor patio as in table and chairs could use a good cleaning but there is a grill and I would suggest cleaning before use.

For the most part if you like roughing it or your not bothered by outdated rooms then you will most likely enjoy it here.If being in the thick of mother nature with options is your thing then you will like it here.However if you demand at least and immaculately clean place to stay keep moving.The setting is beautiful but the rooms are in desperate need of a good clean and better towels and bedding at the least.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the older units and insist the room is inspected for cleanliness and bring your own t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank silliemommy
ArnoW3, Owner at Tribesman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

I'm not sure which section you were in. We are very upset that you and your party were not happy and would have done something about this - IF- you had only told us. We could have let you see another room or a different kind of room or even upgraded you to another type of room if needed. My staff has been alerted to your complaints and are taking steps to correct what they can. Again we can only fix it, if you tell us. While I appreciate that you have now told us. I would have rather had a chance to make it right for you. We try very hard to make things right. The only things we can't fix are the things no one tells us about. If you ever come back and something isn't right, please tell us. I promise if we can make it right we absolutely will.
We are pleased that you enjoyed the natural setting of the area the resort is in and our attention to service..
To address specifics, the stairways are a standard for that type. So I'm unsure what you mean by this. We do try to caution anyone with children that a given room type has stairs. Past that it is at the discretion of the renter. We do understand that some people don't like spiral stairways. They are only in some sections of the resort. Some people love them, but some don't.
As to the Toy room being moldy - it is not. We will however agree that it can be humid in there and will add a dehumidifier. Humidity can cause the air to be less fresh and could have sparked your allergies. It is in a downstairs half basement setting and can occasionally be humid in there, if someone turns off the air conditioner. We don't know why this happens; but, people do sometimes turn it off. Perhaps to help us save power.
As far as room layout ( chairs etc. ) it is all online including the fact that a few units have the living room upstairs as you stated. We only have this in a few units and the floor plans online do show this. I'm sorry that you didn't like the set up. We would have happily found you a different set up, as long as we had it available
As for TV's . you are absolutely correct. We are, as we can afford, replacing all TVs with flat screens. But we do have a lot of standard ones on the property. We are family owed and operated. So buying 300 Tv's in one sweep is not good business. But, we are continuing to improve in this area. If you had told us you needed a different TV we would have happily exchanged it.
As far as any cleanliness issues. I must trust you on this and offer a very heart felt apology . This has been shared with our cleaning staff and hopefully will not ever happen again. We would have sent them in to fix this had we known.
Wifi all I can say is I'm sorry you had trouble here. I wish i knew what unit you were in so that i could be sure it is addressed. Perhaps your unit is in a bad spot. We have found a few of these over the last few years and have actually spent over $ 2000.00 additional dollars trying fix this. We thought that is was fixed but it is possible. As trees grow it can create a weak spot. Again sorry about this. I will do a survey of the units that fit your description.
You are also right that some spots need updating again. This is like the TVs. We are working seriously on this. But it takes time. We believe that we must update things as much as possible. But that means working our way through the property and doing some every month. Then starting all over when we finish. It's a constant effort.
So to wrap up. I'm glad you had a good trip but I'm very sorry that we didn't meet your expectations. If you ever come back and something isn't right please tell us. I promise if we can make it right we absolutely will.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

My husband is a camper. I am NOT. This was a great compromise. Lots of green space for active kids. Cottage had everything that we needed (full kitchen, indoor plumbing :), real beds and enough room for everyone to have a little space. Linens and bathrooms were clean. Property is "rustic," but clean and comfortable. Fairly priced. Location so convenient to Wal-Mart and Silver Dollar City.

Room Tip: Staff is friendly. They can help you choose just the right cottage to fit your needs and price rang...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
ArnoW3, Owner at Tribesman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. We are glad that you had a nice experience here at Tribesman.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

If you are looking for a luxury condo...this is not the place. But if you are looking for an affordable place that is fun, clean and well managed Tribesman Resort is it! We rented a 5 bedroom home which had more than enough space for our family of 7 plus a few more friends who came along. It was very convenient to Silver Dollar City, yet the location itself had a quiet, secluded feel to it. Looking forward to going back in warmer weather to take full advantage of the lake and pools.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank splintermom
Reviewed 10 October 2013

So we went to Branson for one of our many times and stayed at Tribesman resort as usual the staff was friendly answered questions . I called my remote did not work so they where really fast in getting it fixed than they where really great when I requested a fan I love this place and keep coming back is is also a great place for family try to go there. Enjoyable

Room Tip: All rooms are great the ones in cove are super
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jackie M
ArnoW3, Owner at Tribesman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for the very nice review and especially for taking the time to make the review. We are always glad to see you guys and get a chance to talk with you when you come to the resort. We so appreciate that after all your visits to the Tribesman, you are still coming back to spend vacation time at our resort. Thanks Arno III

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Our vacation at Tribesman resort was a great time it was the first time for our family. We stood at apt 1,2 and across from those apt was another group of our family. Our stay was from july-27 to august-2. There is lots to do for everyone. Apartments were very clean the indoor pool was great for those rainy days but as soon as sun came out the outdoor pools were more fun! It was great to meet the owners and talk with them about our own town Chicago thanks for the hospitality. Tribesman resort to us was Beautiful the lake is Gorgeous hope to be back!!!!

Room Tip: Apartments 1,2 and 3 are very good close to office pools and laundry room
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ivonne v
ArnoW3, Owner at Tribesman Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

We wish to say thank you for your review and taking the time to review us. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you got to enjoy and see just how great Table Rock Lake is. Arno (Jr) and Gayle are always happy to discuss Chicago with anyone. As you know they were born and raised there. I have no doubt they very much enjoyed the conversations about Chicago with you. We are getting more guests from Chicago than in years past due to Southwest Airlines now flying directly from Midway to Branson. Arno and Gayle love sharing the beauty of this area with everyone. Thanks again Arno Wehr III