We arrived after a 6 hour drive early afternoon and were greeted by a helpful bell staff. We took advantage of the valet and luggage service. It was $15 extra a day, but my husband feels it’s worth it and afterwards I had to agree. There didn't seem to be alot of close convenient parking and with two young kids it was nice having the car waiting and someone to help with our stuff when we got back each time.
We had a king with a mountain view. The room was clean and big enough for our two boys to have their blow-up beds on the floor and still have plenty of walking space. We also liked that there was a clothes hamper for towels in the bathroom, just a nice little detail. A mini-fridge would be a great addition to the rooms considering the caliber of hotel, but not worth $20 a day extra. We already had a cooler from the drive so we just continued to use that for our drinks.
We ate at the Chateau Grill early afternoon and it was ok. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet the next morning - Now that was really good. Everything was fresh and hot, the made-to-order omelets and waffles were outstanding, and the service was good too. One of the evenings we inquired about ordering and taking our meal up to our room since it was so late and the hostess didn't seem to have any problem with us doing that. We ended up getting room service and the delivery server was extremely nice. Wish I had noted his name, think it was Michael.
We enjoyed the outdoor pool and the kids liked the playground, but did not get to take advantage of the children’s movie theater and kids club. The concierge helped us with directions and Branson activities for the kids.
Thought the location was great. It is centrally located enough that you are only a short drive away from most of the attractions.
The only complaint I had was the Memorial Day dinner. When we checked in, we received a list of hotel activities for the guests. Make sure to inquire as to whether there are additional fees on those. One activity was a BBQ cookout and fireworks by the pool on Sunday evening. Considering the price per night, I never even thought there would be such a high charge, maybe a nominal fee... The BBQ dinner was $24 per adult and I believe it was half that for children over 3. We drop $60 on dinner often enough, but not for outdoor bbq.... So we skipped that - and considering only a handful of people were eating, it looked like alot of others did too... and just got drinks, swam and watched the fireworks - which were awesome!
Overall, our experience was great, and we would definitely go back and stay here. We have also recommended this place to friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Branson's only AAA Four Diamond resort hotel, sits high upon a hill overlooking the pristine waters of Table Rock Lake. The resort amenities include but not limited to; a 14,000 sq. ft. spa, Kids Club (seasonal), Chateau Marina (seasonal), two lighted tennis courts, year round nature trail, year round indoor pool and hot tub, outdoor pool and hot tub (seasonal), full concierge service, multiple food & beverage outlets and 42,500 sq. ft. of meeting and banquet space. On the Lake ~ In the Mountains ~ Beyond the Ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau On The Lake Resort And Spa
- Chateau On The Lake Hotel Branson
- Chateau Lake