“Our Family had a great experience over Memorial weekend”

Ranked #15 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 31 May 2011

We arrived after a 6 hour drive early afternoon and were greeted by a helpful bell staff. We took advantage of the valet and luggage service. It was $15 extra a day, but my husband feels it’s worth it and afterwards I had to agree. There didn't seem to be alot of close convenient parking and with two young kids it was nice having the car waiting and someone to help with our stuff when we got back each time.

We had a king with a mountain view. The room was clean and big enough for our two boys to have their blow-up beds on the floor and still have plenty of walking space. We also liked that there was a clothes hamper for towels in the bathroom, just a nice little detail. A mini-fridge would be a great addition to the rooms considering the caliber of hotel, but not worth $20 a day extra. We already had a cooler from the drive so we just continued to use that for our drinks.

We ate at the Chateau Grill early afternoon and it was ok. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet the next morning - Now that was really good. Everything was fresh and hot, the made-to-order omelets and waffles were outstanding, and the service was good too. One of the evenings we inquired about ordering and taking our meal up to our room since it was so late and the hostess didn't seem to have any problem with us doing that. We ended up getting room service and the delivery server was extremely nice. Wish I had noted his name, think it was Michael.

We enjoyed the outdoor pool and the kids liked the playground, but did not get to take advantage of the children’s movie theater and kids club. The concierge helped us with directions and Branson activities for the kids.

Thought the location was great. It is centrally located enough that you are only a short drive away from most of the attractions.

The only complaint I had was the Memorial Day dinner. When we checked in, we received a list of hotel activities for the guests. Make sure to inquire as to whether there are additional fees on those. One activity was a BBQ cookout and fireworks by the pool on Sunday evening. Considering the price per night, I never even thought there would be such a high charge, maybe a nominal fee... The BBQ dinner was $24 per adult and I believe it was half that for children over 3. We drop $60 on dinner often enough, but not for outdoor bbq.... So we skipped that - and considering only a handful of people were eating, it looked like alot of others did too... and just got drinks, swam and watched the fireworks - which were awesome!

Overall, our experience was great, and we would definitely go back and stay here. We have also recommended this place to friends.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Travelwboys
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay, it is certainly very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Chateau in the not too distant future.

Regards,

Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (2,787)

Reviewed 29 May 2011

We recently stayed the weekend at the château. We paid 200/night.
Pros: it was clean and beds comfortable.
Cons: Internet access not included in room price, and picture quality on television Poor.

Bottom line is there are better hotels at this price point.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank gurfinkel
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2011

Thanks for spending the Memorial Day weekend with us and I hope you had the chance to watch our fireworks display.
I know in-room internet charges can be an annoyance to some of our guests and in order to help overcome this concern, we do offer FREE Wi Fi internet service in our lobby area, Sweet Shoppe and in our Business Center where we provide computers, printers and internet access at no charge. I thought I would share this information with the intent that if we are given the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Chateau in the future you will know in advance of your arrival the internet options we have for our guests.
Thank you for your review and the feedback that you provided it is much appreciated.

Regards,

Reviewed 30 April 2011

I took a trip to this Hotel for a business seminar. I travel weekly and am a Hilton Honors Member. I have never felt compelled to write a review about a Hotel until i visited this one.

The good:

It overlooks the lake and there are awesome views from each room.

The Bad:

The restaurants are HORRIBLE!!!! I travel on a weekly basis and am not the typical picky person who picks on every detail about a hotel.

I ordered a drink after the conference I attended and was Id'd, which is absolutely no problem as I look fairly younger than what I actually am. However, the bartender decided to take my ID away and not say anything and be gone for close to twenty minutes. I work for a Fortune 500 company that specializes in Identity theft so I immediately asked for the manager as this is a HUGE "Red Flag" when your identity is taken behind closed doors.

The manager came out and basically started arguing with me in front of all the customers. I tried to explain to him that I had absolutely no problem with them examining my ID, The only problem I had was taking my ID behind closed doors. The manager ended up raising his voice and not even apologizing for what happened. I have never, from a business standpoint, dealt with someone so unprofessional and behind the times. I honestly wonder if the manger was abusing drugs (not even trying to be funny). This experience ruined the trip for me as I am sure it would for anyone who chose to stay here.

I am not one of these unrealistic people who post on this website with expectations that are sky high and write a bad review when innocent people don't meet them. But because of this experience I would definitely not recommend this Hotel. If you are going to pay the money, stay at the Hilton. I have never had a problem with them and this resort is not worth the money.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
10  Thank ao7808
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2011

Your reveiew and feedback is very much appreciated and as is our practice the matter that you have brought to the attention of all will be addressed and corrective measures will be taken. Your experience is not in keeping with our own service standards and I would like to think that it was an anomoly.

Yes indeed we do have a wonderful location with spectacular views of Table Rock Lake and the Ozark Mountains however as I tell my managers and associates over and over again. It is not the views and the bricks and mortar that makes a great hotel, it is through their actions and service they provide to our guests that will make a great hotel and in this case a Below Average hotel, a good and then a great hotel. We have our work cut out for us!

Please accept my sincere apologies and despite our shortcomings on this occasion, I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Chateau and to bring your teenagers with you as they will love Branson.

Reviewed 19 April 2011

Stayed one night for the next to lowest rate we could get during off season, but it still wasn't cheep. Was expecting grand luxury, but it wasn't that wonderful, but it was nice.

We were told we could park in the garage around the corner and so we refused help with our luggage (tried to save a few easy bucks). That was a mistake. The garage entrance is in the end of the conference center were everyone was roaming around in dress for the evening. We were in travel clothes and hauling a cooler around while kids were going to proms and gentlemen in formal kilts stood around. Then we couldn't find our way to the lobby. There were no signs. The kitchen help was very helpful. It would have been good if a luggage cart had been present at the back door. It was also a problem finding the car afterwards. Again no signs or directions. I felt like I shouldn't have been there.

The visit was very nice after that. Our room was great even though it was a mountain view. Bathroom was wonderful and clean (the ceiling above the tub was discolored). The staff was very good and friendly. Supper was very good. I would recommend the French Onion Soup. The Sweet Shop is a great place. It was so much better than a Coffee Bar stuck in the corner and it was a place to get dessert after supper had settled. The Hotel was very comfortable and a pleasure to stay in.

We didn't use the spa, the pool or the fitness room, but they looked very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a limited view
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2011

It is always a pleasure receiving feedback from our guests as it gives us the opportunity to share with our associates the good comments we may have received and at the same time address any issues that may have ocurred during ones stay.
Your suggestions for better signage in our covered parking garage has been noted and we will for sure follow up accordingly. Furthermore I am pleased to learn that your overall experience at the Chateau was a pleasant one and hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Chateau in the not too distant future.

Vice President and General Manager
Chateau on the Lake Resort and Spa

Reviewed 5 April 2011

We just returned home after celebrating my grandfather's 80th birthday at the Chateau and had a fantastic experience. I think that the end of March/beginning of April is a great time to go-because nothing was crowded and everything was easy to access. Our group of 16 aged 1-80 years old had no lack of activities and the staff was exceptional. I wish that I'd taken the time to get their names, but some of the staff went above and beyond to work with us and take care of whatever was needed. Definitely a recommend!

If I could change one thing, it would be to upgrade the internet browser and Office Suite in the Business Center from 2003. But, you shouldn't be spending too much time in the business center while staying at this beautiful location!!!!

Room Tip: I really don't think there's a bad room!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sweaver83702
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review following your stay. Your feedback about our Business Center will certainly be taken into consideration, your suggestion is appreciated. I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming all of you back to the Chateau to celebrate many more birthdays in years to come.

Chateau on the Lake

Reviewed 28 March 2011

The Hotel is beautiful and on top of a hill. Stayed 5 days
Call ahead reservations: Went smoothly. Lauren and Jessica set up our rooms and they were very funny and helpful.They emailed everything to me. They told me all the things we should do and all the shows we should miss. I wish I could of met them while I was there to thank them in person. They were right on with their information.

We arrived at about 1:30 p.m. and was greeted by Brodie the bellman. He opened the doors for us and asked us how we were doing and proceeded to the trunk of our car to get our luggage. He waited with us while we checked in. He did a great job and was very friendly.

CHECK IN: We were warmly greeted with a great attitude and smile by Ashley V. She gave us all the info we needed and set us up to eat brunch at their restaurant. Even though we were coming in late the buffet was full and the food was WONDERFUL ($29.00 -Adult and $16.00 child). Everything you can think of they offered. It tasted fresh and was hot. It was worth the money. Our waiter was Ibo and he was very attentive, great to my two children and we never had a half empty glass. He was so kind to give us take out drinks for the room.

ROOMS: We had 2 rooms that adjoined on the 8th floor. Both were Lakeview king and a double. We faced the parking lot (we requested this view because we did not want to hear the air units they have on the other side) with a 1/2 lake-1/2 tree view. Rooms were nice and clean and the beds okay......a little hard for my taste but had many pillows to choose from. As stated in other reviews there is no free internet in room. We did use their library for the free wi/fi and it was very comfortable(Took pillow and blanket with me). Did order in room internet for 2 of the 5 days we were there and it was only $10.00. Not too bad.

SWEET SHOP: Had the BIGGEST sweet rolls and malts ever. They had a great selection of most things and the best part was little sweet Margaret. She was so kind and soft spoken. She made you feel like you were at Grandma's. Wanted to take her home with us.

ROOM SERVICE: We ordered room service and it came in the time they said. We had Cammila and she was fantastic. She entered the room, was very friendly, she set up a table with a tablecloth, put out silverware, poured the water glasses, and served the food. It was hot and very tasty.

INDOOR POOL: Nice but water was cloudy and had a strong smell of bleach. Kids loved it though. 3rd day there I heard a grandmother talking to her granddaughter on why she peed in the pool. Got the kids out and told the front desk asap. They sent someone to the pool within a sec to check the chemical levels and put more in. I appreciated the fast action on the part of the hotel to fix this. However, we did not swim the rest of our time there. (I'm OCD about germs)

SPA: Nice but pricey. Staff was very friendly and did a great job.

COMPLAINTS:
1ST. The restaurant does NOT like for YOU to get take out orders from them. Instead they want you to order room service. My 6 year old son just wanted a pizza to take with him because we were to eat at a fish place he does not like and they were flat rude about it. I asked them if this was a hotel "rule" and he said no but they "prefer" you to order from the room. I asked him what the difference was if I sat down ordered a pizza and asked for a to go box and he couldn't answer me instead he put in the order and we got the pizza to go. I know they want there 20% plus a tip they get from room service but give me a break. I'm not ordering take out for the whole family which by the way should be honored. My son just wanted to eat pizza on the way to the "yukky restaurant we picked to eat at.

2ND: The two live birds in the lobby. THEY ARE VERY VERY LOUD! They cover them at 10:00 p.m. and uncover them at 8:00 a.m. to feed them. They chirp very loudly for 2 1/2 hours and if you want to sleep late FORGET IT. I called down to the front desk and they give you a song and dance about how well they are taken care of and Mr. Hammons loved these birds and he felt they were a great thing to have in the lobby. blah, blah, blah. However, some of the staff did agreed with me and to tell you the truth it made me feel better that they actually felt the same. They are only LOUD in the morning until about 11.00 a.m. I personally told the highest person up I could talk to to put the LOUD birds in her office if she liked them so much. She didn't like that too well. Maybe she hates the birds too. Moving on......

CHECK OUT: Checked out over the T.V. . Left the card keys in the room and the bellman took our luggage down and we were off. Painless

PARKING: Free and covered if you want to park a little ways out. Worth it if you have a black car and it gets hot.

Well that's it. We had a lovely time and will return if the birds die or go away or if we have to get up early in the morning while there. Hope this helps. It was one of the nicest hotels there that we looked at hands down.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank friscojill

Your review of the resort following your most recent stay was all encompassing, very well written at the same time very fair and well balanced. Please know that we truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences. Your feedback is very much appreciated and as always we welcome all suggestions and critique, for it allows us the opportunity to make corretive measures when and where necessary.
We are certainly very pleased to learn that your over all stay was a pleasant one and we looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Chateau in the not too distant future.

Chateau on the Lake

Reviewed 26 February 2011

The Room is very pretty but loud! We stayed in the King Room with lakeview. The lakeview had a balcony that overlooked the mechanicals, air units and delivery. The lakeview was at an angle. Not what I expected when I requested something nice for our anniversary. The loud fake bird sound is very annoying in the atrium, it sounds loud in the room. Nice room service for breakfast. Bed was ok, not that soft.
Spa is nice with sauna and steam room but not a big deal.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2011

Feedback from our guests are always welcome and appreciated. There are times when due to our own inefficencies our own high levels of guest service is compromised. When this occurs we are certainly quick to apologize and make it right to those affected.

For the record the fake bird noises that is made reference to in the review needs to be corrected. I can assure you the birds are very much live and are also very well taken care of by our associates.

Since the opening of the resort in May 1997 we have had 3 or 4 pairs of paraquettes in cages in our Atrium lobby. Each evening the bird cages are covered in order to settle the birds for the evening. These very same birds have brought much happiness to the many families especially the children who have stayed with us over the years. If they had been a continous annoyance to all, we would have had them relocated for sure.

Hopefully you will reconsider your decision not to return and if you do we will be here to welcome you back.