Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa
Savannah House Hotel(Branson)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$85
Angel Inn - Near IMAX(Branson)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$48
Best Western Center Pointe Inn(Branson)(Great Value!)
US$106
Hotels.com
US$88
  • Pool
Welk Resort Branson(Branson)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$202
US$171
  • Pool
Quality Inn Branson W 76 Central(Branson)(Great Value!)
US$78
QualityInn
US$161
US$155
US$95
Travelocity
Hotel Grand Victorian(Branson)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$98
Travelocity
2,838 results
All reviewssweet shopmovie theaterlibrary loungeambassador suitemountain viewbeautiful hotelembassy suiteschristmas decorationstennis courtsbranson areaking roomoff seasonoutdoor poolice creamsilver dollar citybalconygingerbread
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Ok, let me give you some background. I was in Oklahoma City, and would be returning back home to Indiana this weekend. Last spring we stopped by Branson on the way home and thought about doing so again. I stumbled across the COTL and decided to call. The lady who I talked to was very helpful. She stated she would make a note to get me a room on the 10th floor for a better view of the lake and she did as our room was on the10th floor. (Lake front room).

Secondly, I read every single review of this hotel. All 20 pages of them. After reading these reviews and after staying at the COTL this past Saturday night, I got to say some of the reviews are uncalled for. Some I can understand especially concerning any bad service, but some reviews are just nit-picking. You have to realize you are at an expensive hotel. They have expensive costs. One thing that did bother me was there was a common theme people were disappointed with over a 2-3 year period and appeared to never get fixed, and that was the food service area. I kept saying to myself, Stephen appears to be active on this forum, and reads the reviews, but people keep giving the food service and quality bad reviews. How can this not get fixed. (After my experience, I wonder if some were nit-picking).

Now on to my review.

Arrived Saturday night at 5:00pm. Based on all my readings I was going to quantify this place with my own personal experiences while there. We pulled up at the hotel, and of course was greeted by the bell hop. I immediately told him we didn't have much luggage and we were just going to check in real quick. He said ok, and I had to hand over my keys while inside checking in. Check-in went real smooth. A man checked us in, was real professional, and was quick.

We walked back out out and parked the car. We walked back in the hotel and went to our room to dump the luggage. The wife and I decided to walk around and check out the hotel. We walked all around the hotel and I thought about having a quick drink before we got cleaned up for dinner. We went to the lounge which all the bar seating was taken. My wife and I sat at a table and was not sure whether they come to the table or not. So I walked up to the bar to order a drink. (Now I'm giving the place a pass on this) But, no bartender came soon, so I turned around and told the wife, we'd just get some Diet Coke and mix a drink back in the room. Now I didn't stay at the bar a long time, So I can't fault the place for anything here. I do want to say, the lounge layout just didn't click with me. I would liked a bigger bar so many people could sit at it. Make a square bar with TV's on all 4 sides and more people can sit at it. I dunno, the lounge just didn't feel welcome to me for some reason.

Ok, so we decided to get a couple of Diet Cokes at the Coffee shop before we went to our room. This place was incredible with the choice of cakes and desserts. The lady behind the counter was extremely nice and provided great service. We headed back to the room and had a drink before dinner.

Ok, We didn't want to spend a ton of money at the Grille, so we decided to go to the other restaurant which was a tad more lower priced. Plus, we wanted to sit in the atrium with a view while dining. I thought eating out on the atrium was a great idea. I told the person seating us I wanted to sit at a table with a good view, which she accommodated. Josh, was our waiter, and took our drink and appetizer order quickly. It did take a tad amount of time to get the drinks, and when they came the beer wasn't very cold. I told Josh, I wanted him to know the beer wasn't very cold, and ordered another beer. He said he knew what to do and would make the next beer colder. Indeed he did. The second beer was very cold. I don't know if he frosted the glass or what but the beer was much colder. Even the wife thought her first beer was not very cold.

For the appetizer, we had the avocado fries which I had read in a review were good. They lived up to the previous review. They were awesome. We then ordered the Haddock fish and were delivered to us in 11 minutes from the time we ordered to being delivered to out table. The Fish was very good, along with the cole slaw, and fries. I would like to have had more cole slaw, but it is what it is.

Josh should be commended for his service. At times, he was 1/2 running back and forth. It almost appeared they were short staffed. I looked around if this was the case, but I had mixed emotions whether they were or not. Sometimes waiters like to be more busy with more tips, then not as busy with less tips. Other staff were delivering food and clearing tables so it appeared to be worked out. Overall, I would say our dining experience was two thumbs up. I was concerned about this after reading the reviews. This was a common theme in the reviews about the dinning experience at the COTL.

Now the room. Incredible, just incredible. I could not find one fault in the room. Extremely upscale and comfy. The TV sound in the bathroom was cool. Go an extra step and put a TV in the bathroom. This would definitely make a mark with your hotel providing this service. I have a TV in my bathroom at home and enjoy this. The bed was too soft for me. Some might like that, but I like hard beds. The bathroom and the room was especially spacious.

In summary, I loved the place. I already want to come back, more so when it's warm so I can enjoy the facilities better. I hope this review help some in people with their decision whether or not to stay here. This is a very nice hotel. They have expensive costs in maintaining this hotel. I understand the prices. Don't like it, but heck I'm staying at a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Lake front room was good. We were real high up on the 10th floor. I think a room would be good above the 4th floor. We were almost too high up. LOL
1  Thank jeffhedges
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Dear Jeff:

Wow, you really put a lot of thought and effort in to the writing of your review. I am here to say, a big thank you and more so, for stating your opinion as you saw it and as you experienced the Chateau.

What I preach to my management team over and over again, is that the expectations of our Chateau guests are high to begin with and in order to meet if not exceed them all the time, it requires our A+ game, 24/7, 365 days in the year. Unfortunately our team may have a bad day/night like all teams do and not perform to their potential.

The food service business at best is fickle. So many things can go wrong in the preparation of a dish. It is akin to an artist and their work. In art is all about ones interpretation and visual sense. In food, it is about the visual too, the presentation, however more importantly, in the taste. With that said, what each of us sees and what we taste, is all different.

Please come back and visit us soon.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

We went to Chateau on the Lake for a home school leadership conference. From the minute we stepped foot on the property until we left it was a great experience. From the beginning....
when you check in the doorman are terrific, with a great attitude, willing to help with initial questions. The rroms are large enough and decorated with class, but what will blow you away is the balcony and the view from your room. The river and the sunsets are stunning. Well, all bags to the room, then I am off to the concierge for show tickets! She was absolutely great, weeding through our preferences and in a minute Sight and Sound and now off to view the property, The center couryard is stunning with magnificent waterfalls and many places to simply sit and relax. Now to food. The breakfast buffet is terrific. Service help great, views unbelievable. I will try to upload some pictures. Overall attitude of all staff fantastic....and this coming from a New Yorker......Also, do not miss Silver Dollar City....and the Branson Belle.....

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Dadsheart5

Thank you for your kind words about the resort and our associates. Yes indeed, the Ozarks is a special place and I am so pleased to learn that during your stay, you saw a slice of the beauty, she has to offer. Like you, I once lived and worked in the big cities. Fourteen years ago, I moved to Branson and made it our home. To this day, I never take for granted the beauty that surrounds me.

Regards,

Reviewed 21 November 2011

The hotel is beautiful outside and in the atrium, it was decorated for christmas and looked very nice. The rooms were clean and ok but they could use an update. I could hear people in the other rooms and in the hall at night. I also did not like hearing the birds that they keep in the lobby making noise all day. I also found that most of the staff at the reception desk were not friendly. I normally stay at the hilton promenade on branson landing and find that everyone there is more than friendly and happy to greet you. I will continue to stay at the hilton.

1  Thank Bub1597
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

I appreciate your honest feedback, for it does become a yardstick, by which we can measure our successes and take note of places where improvements can be made.
There is no excuse for any of our associates to be unfriendly, especially at our front desk. Those areas that are easy fixes will be addressed immediately and action taken.
Please accept my apologies for not being able to meet your expectations during your stay and hopefully, despite your intentions not to return to the Chateau, we will be afforded another opportunity to show you we can do much better.

Regards,

Reviewed 15 November 2011

Very Nice hotel and friendly staff. Good Hotel services available.Overall a very good place to stay. One BIG CON: For the room rates charged Free WI-FI is NOT provided [$9.95/day]. Most hotels in the $100/night and up include WI-FI in the room rates.

Room Tip: Try to get a lake view room on one of the higher floors.
3  Thank sixstrings1974
Reviewed 7 November 2011

My husband and I just returned from a convention at the Chateau. This is the 4th time I have stayed at this hotel and love it even more. This was the first time I have been when it was decorated for Christmas. It was so beautiful with the lights and Christmas trees. I agree up a little early but I sure enjoyed and got me in the holiday spirt.
My husband and I got a King Ambassador Suite. I think this is the best way to go. It had a very nice sitting room with a couch and chair. We also had a refrigerator and microwave that we used alot and saved money. We brought water and pop with us and saved us buying that had microvave popcorn and snacks to save money also. The bathroom was just big enough and the bedroom was huge. The bed was very comfortable and I slept well. It was nice to have a Tv in the bedroom and sitting area as my husband and I don't agree on things all the time! We were on the third floor and did not have a balcony. But with this weather did not really need one. In the early fall and spring it would be nice. We were right by the entrance to the hotel but never heard any noises and that was nice. We were right across from the stair entrance which was great as we just walked down to the lobby. It can get busy on the elevators and that saved alot of time.
My husband and I ate the breakfast buffet two mornings and thought it was great. The omelettes were the best. For the price $13.99 (including drinks) it was a great deal. Also, enjoyed a nice eveing in the Libary Lounge having some wine and enjoying the great piano player on a Saturday night.
I have never gotten to stay here with my kids and want to some time. In the summer it is great for kids as has the outdoor pool and playground. Beach nearby and you can rent boats to go on the lake. They have an indoor movie theater and kids club also. So next summer plan to come back with the kids.
It is away from Branson which I love. I am not a lover at all of the Branson strip so stay away from it. You get that here but also within a 15 min drive to the strip. We found two good places to eat on road going into Branson. Mexican place Mi Casa Su Casa just opened and it was great. I loved my meal. Also, Dana's barbecue is a great place and save some money by eating there.
All in all a great place and we will be back again.

2  Thank KC2833