“Winter Getaway”

Ranked #18 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Conway, Arkansas
“Winter Getaway”
Reviewed 7 January 2012

This was our first trip to the hotel. The rooms were very nice and clean. We stayed for a few days during the Christmas season and it was beautifully decorated. The restaurants were a little pricey but the 'Sweet Shop' was reasonable priced....and had GREAT carrot cake!!! We were given a lake side room on the eight floor and the view of Tablerock lake was super. This is a 'Pet Friendly' hotel (which I didn't know about until we arrived there) Pets were allowed on the 3rd floor only. No problems in this area.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank JCretired
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 January 2012
Dear JCretired:

I look forward to the day when I am able to retire and do a little traveling myself.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it is indeed very much appreciated. As we all know or should know, the best form of advertising is by personal recommendation.

We value your business and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Chateau, in the not too distant future.

Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
Rileyjr
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We enjoyed our stay here, but keep in mind that there is no complimentary breakfast here. The restaurants are excellent and pricy. Be prepared to pay a lot for meals or drive a ways to eat at local restaurants.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 19 January 2012
Dear Rileyjr:

I thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your vote of confidence. Please know that your business is very much appreciated. Hopefully, we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Chateau in the not too distant future.

Jensen Beach, Florida
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Appearance is great both inside and out, The registration staff was average at best. Rooms were large and clean, but not 5 star. They have a great bar and coffee bar, but the restaurants were POOR.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 7 January 2012
Dear Frank T:

As always, feedback from our guests is an important aspect of our business. I thank you for sharing your comments with us.
Striving for excellence is a continuous pursuit. Something we strive for each and every day. The two areas of our operation that did not meet your expectations will be addressed with their respective department managers. Both issues in my estimation are an easy fix.
When back in Branson, I trust you will give us an opportunity to demonstrate our improvements.

SW MO
Reviewed 30 December 2011

This is a beautiful hotel in a beautiful location. Regardless of the room you receive, it is well appointed and has a great view. The hotel had been beautifully decorated for the season. The room is great, beds comfy, nice bathroom. The problem: All the money for the hotel went into looks and none into insulation between the rooms. Honestly, I could hear every single word the people next door said. I can't believe a hotel of this quality would have such paper-thin walls. You could hear children from two rooms down. Beautiful, but it is not the place to rest.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank maccogirl
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 January 2012
Dear Maccogirl:
We certainly do appreciate your kind words about our resort and more so, your patronage. It goes without saying that we would have liked for your stay to have been without a blemish. I am hopeful that the noise disturbance was the result of excitable kids being over joyed by the Holiday Season.
Despite this shortcoming, I trust we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Chateau, in the not too distant future.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We went to the Chateau on a business trip and brought our 2 children, 7 and 10. They loved the Sweet shop and the breakfast where they could serve themselvles.
I was blown away by the view, and the luxurious towels. Our beds, bathroom and decor were all outstanding.
A visit to the luxury spa was included for me through the company plan, and I've never felt so pampered. This is no ordinary hotel spa. I got a massage that was both relaxing and energizing. The staff there and everywhere was first rate. So polite!
One thing I might change is to enlarge or add on another pool. For such a luxurious property they really could have a few water slides, a lazy river or kids basketball. Maybe the Chateau is geared more towards adults, but it felt safe and friendly for our family. If we get the opportunity to go back, we certainly will!

Room Tip: Every part of the Chateau looked nice, we had a mountain view room.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Tina P
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 26 December 2011
Dear Tina P:

We truly appreciate the kind words you had to say about the Chateau following your most recent stay. Your suggestions about having more Kid Friendly things to do, is a real good one, something we will consider in our future refurbishment plans.
During the summer months, Memorial Day through Labor Day weekends, when our Crawdaddies Kids Club is open, the resort has many planned activities for the "kiddos" to do. Including such things as; fishing off the dock at our Marina, Nature Trail excursions and the ever popular hunting for "bugs".

Hopefully we will see you all this coming summer.

Nixa, Missouri
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I had always wanted to stay at the Chateau and finally got to the first weekend of December. The hotel is very nice looking on the outside but I was disapointed in our room. We booked a lakefront king ambassador suite and when we first walked in I thought they'd given us the wrong room. It was decent sized but not near as nice and luxurious as I thought it would be.
There were large cobwebs on the ceilings in both the living area and the bedroom. We never ate at the restaurants but did get some desserts at the sweet shop. It was very good and reasonably priced. The view was nice and I'm sure we would have enjoyed our stay much better if we had come during the warmer months. I really wanted to go the spa but decided to save my money as it was very expensive. We didn't really have much interaction with the staff except to check in and out. The birds in the atrium that everyone else complained about didn't bother us. Our room was back in a corner so we couldn't hear them. Overall I thought the rooms were very overpriced for what they were and I'm not sure if we'd ever stay again. Maybe if we could afford the Presidential suites. Maybe they would be worth the price.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sarasmithjane
Dear sarasmithjane:

I appreciate you taking the time in sharing your comments, following your most recent stay with us. Certainly feedback, no matter what it maybe, is a good thing. It allows us the opportunity, to take corrective measures, when we have not met, our guests expectations. The one housekeeping issue, which was pointed out, will most certainly be addressed with our Executive Housekeeper.
Your guestroom suite should have been in perfect condition upon your arrival. There is no excuse for it not to have been. My apologies!

Despite our shortcomings on this occasion, I am hopeful that this will not become a deterring factor in your patronage of our resort, as it is indeed valued and much appreciated.

Moore, Oklahoma
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Husband and I stayed the first weekend in November. We had a corner king suite and the room was very nice, the bed was comfortable, the front desk staff were very friendly and the room service the next morning was very good. We had a balcony and the views from our room over the lake with the fall colors and sunset were beautiful.
The only negative would be the hot tub. They only have one inside which accommodates 6 or 8 people which for a hotel this size is insufficient because there were a lot of people there every time we tried to use it. We waited by the pool for an hour and unfortunately there was one couple who stayed in it the entire time we were down there. It only has jets on one end and that couple set in front of them the entire time and another lady was carrying on a very loud conversation on her cell phone for at least 30 minutes. I told my husband I could take a hot bath in the room without having to put up with loud and rude people so we gave up on it.
I've had multiple back surgeries so when we are looking to book a hotel our criteria are that it be clean, have a comfortable bed, friendly staff and an indoor hot tub, every thing else is bonus so I would say 3 out of 4 is pretty good. It's a beautiful place and we would love to stay there again.

Room Tip: Of course the rooms overlooking the lake are the best but I believe any view from this hotel would b...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 11 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your resort experiences, following your most recent stay. As always, it is very much appreciated. I am so sorry that you were unable to enjoy our indoor whirlpool. Your suggestion to have a larger one is a good one. If and when the time comes for us to completely renovate our indoor pool area, we will most certainly keep your suggestion in mind.
We look forward to your return visit to the Chateau in the not too distant future.