“Gorgeous view!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Forney
“Gorgeous view!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Very nice staff. The view from our balcony was gorgeous! Basically clean, there was some dust on towel racks. I would have rated higher but was disappointed that they do not have fridges in room, you have to pay for wifi, no cable movie channels, no free breakfast ($13.99 is cheapest breakfast)! Way less expensive hotels have these as courtesy! If they had these things they would have rated a 5.

Room Tip: Get lakeside view if possible. Very expensive dining and room service if you eat here. Internet is...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CottonCandiCane
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear CottonCandiCane:
As is always the case we appreciate any and all feedback from our guests for this is yet another yardstick we can use to measure both our product and service levels. As important are the suggestions we receive, such as providing free wi-fi. Based on many of our guests free wi-fi comments as of the beginning of August we now provide free basic wi-fi internet in all of our guest rooms and designated public areas.
Please know your patronage is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Chateau in the not too distant future.
Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (618)
Elk Grove, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Everything was very clean and well-presented. The staff was very nice and accommodating. The restaurant and cafe was a bit overpriced for my liking but the Sweet Shoppe was great.

The only thing that was weird about the resort itself, in my opinion, was the fact that the place is so poorly lit at night. When looking at the ceiling from inside the building, there are huge lights that are pointed towards the glass point. I think it would have looked a lot nicer if that was lit up at night. Coming back after a show felt almost hazardous because there are little to know street lamps and 1/2 of the bulbs on the sign at the entrance were burnt out.

I didn't like the charge for in-room wifi. In my opinion, the room should come with wifi for the prices being paid for the room.

The marina was also very nice and the staff were friendly. I rented a Waverunner for 2 hours for 2 days. It was a blast but BEWARE!!! They only go up to ~35 mph because they turn the "L Mode" on which lowers the RPMs and saves fuel. I don't know about y'all, but if I'm renting a Waverunner I want to go as fast as possible which is usually around 65 mph....NOT 35 mph.

If I ever come back to Branson, I would stay here again. It has wonderful views and the rooms were very clean and cozy.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Joplin, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed on the lake side in a king suite with balcony. The room has spectacular views. It was also very clean with nice furnishings. Has a very large outdoor pool with and hottub area. Both have very nice views of the lake. They also have an indoor pool and hottub both were well kept. Staff was very helpful and attentive. Have a couple of eating choices at the hotel but we didn't eat on site. They have a marina for hotel guests only, that rents several different kinds of water craft at reasonable rates. They have a shuttle that will take you to the marina as we'll as pick you up from the marina. Have a underground parking garage but it doesn't have too many spaces. Have several different things and activities for kids. The only thing that I didn't like was no free wifi. I believe their policy is 10.00 per day per device. The hotel is kind of expensive but worth it. We had stayed at a different hotel before coming to the Chateau and we went home wishing we had spent all of our days at Chateau. We will definitely return soon.

• Stayed August 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

We went here in November of last year and had a great time. Very friendly staff. Everything was decorated very nicely for Christmas. Also, had a nativity scene in lobby, which was very nicely done. I was very glad to see that some places have the courage to stand up to the PC police and celebrate the birth of our Lord. Also, this place is very dog friendly, but you have to stay on the 3rd floor (I think). Very nice experience, planning to go back again this fall.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

This hotel was in a great location, with a great view which cannot be said from many other hotels in the area. It's a bit overpriced, but the room is large, clean, and the restaurant and bars are very good.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travel_ann_NY
Dear travel_ann_NY:
Thank you so much for nice things you had to say about the resort it is much appreciated. Based on your comments and the high grades you gave each category on the survey. It appears our overall grade of three should have been higher. That's just me being a bit disappointed I guess. Nevertheless the most important things are that your stay was a pleasant one.
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Very disappointed first time guest for this Four Star AAA rated hotel in Branson, MO. The hotel is pleasing to the eye however; I was given a room directly in front of the elevator bay. The morning noise in the hallway was terrible and disruptive for a relaxing morning sleep in stay. I stayed in a Lakeview king room with a balcony. Sitting on the balcony was less than ideal in the evening, as other guests were smoking on their balconies and the smoke filled the air. Not enjoyable. Traveling with young children is a challenge. I selected this hotel because of the family friendly amenities however, the movie theater played movies at 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. If you attending any of the Branson attractions, you will not be able to enjoy this amenity although you are paying a high price to stay in the hotel. The indoor swimming pool was open to adults only after 10:00 p.m. Again, if you are attending a Branson show or attraction in the evening and want to return to the hotel to swim with the kids, it cannot be done. This information was not posted on the website so a consumer could make an informed decision about selecting this hotel when traveling with children under 18 years old. I asked for another room assignment, I was told none were available. I was not given any discounts or other arrangements because of the room assignment, movie schedule or pool hours of operation. First time to Branson in 20+ years and my family and I were disappointed for a $279 per night stay. For this amount of money per night I expected to fully enjoy all this hotel claims they offer for a family with young children. I did not!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nadine J
Dear Nadine J:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your most recent stay. Feedback from our guests is always welcome, for it allows us the opportunity to address any issues or concerns in a timely fashion. As we all know, first impressions are lasting impressions and it appears that we did not do a very good job on doing this on your first visit to the Chateau. As a family friendly resort especially during the busy summer season and with all the different things to do in and around Branson. I will admit that it becomes a difficult balancing act for us to satisfy the timetable of all our families especially when it comes to scheduling activities for the kids on property.
All I have to offer is my apologies for those who violate our smoke free policy. Unfortunately some of our guests choose to ignore our policy and smoke in non-designated errors such as balconies, despite a fee of $250 for violators. I only wish I had the answer on how to change this type of behavior on for allowing their kids to run through the corridors.
Despite our shortcomings on this occasion I hope we will have the opportunity at some other time to welcome you back to the Chateau and be able to meet if not exceed your expectations.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

Our family (of four) have a delightful vacation at Chateau on the Lake from July 28th until August 2nd. The resort is beautiful, the food is great, the pool spotless so we would definitely return. If I could make a comment ~ it would have been even better to have live music in the bar area during the evening hours. Just a little music would have enhanced the atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family