“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #18 of 140 Hotels in Branson
USA
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

We had a nice vacation here with a gorgeous view. We didn't really require much from the hotel. The outside hot tub that is shown on their site and in their adds is only part of the spa. You must book a spa treatment to use it. They do have an indoor hot tub but only half of the jets worked when we where in it. We walked the hotel nature trail. It is a hiking trail and not a walking or jogging trail. We like to hike so it was fine for us but wouldn't be good for older folks as it has a step hill on the return up the hill. The signs said there would be setting coming up the hill and we didn't see anything that we would really qualify as a set or a bench. Overall are trip was good and we had a nice experience at the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
Claremore, Oklahoma
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Beautiful place for a relaxing weekend get away. The view from our room, the deck and the restaurant was gorgeous. The rooms, restaurant and bar were all very nice and the staff was very helpful. We will definitely go back - hopefully soon.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Cowboysfan74
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We had a suite on the 10th floor with the lakeside view (actually 2 views). They had a very nice staff and great massages at the spa. Would recommend to anyone looking for a special time with your significant other!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My spouse and I recently stayed at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa. The mood of our relaxing time at the hotel began as we entered to the sound of a bubbly brook that runs throughout the lobby. The decor is pleasing with the darker colors of nature. The air smells nice and the hotel is very clean. We were lucky to have a room overlooking Table Lake with breathtaking views.
The resort is located several miles from the action of Branson. It is high on a hill overlooking Table Lake, a large recreational lake in the Ozark Mountains. The views from the resort are beautiful at all times of the year. The resort has a boat launch and marina for the use of guests. There are large parking spots for boats and RVs. A large outdoor pool overlooks the lake.
Chateau on the Lake has all the amenities for a pleasant vacation. The restaurants are lovely and the food is very good. There is a coffee bar, gift shop, and an ice cream and candy shop for those with a sweet tooth. The hotel has a full service spa with an indoor swimming pool.
It is an easy drive into "the strip" known as Branson. The restaurants, shopping, and shows are within a few minutes drive. It is about 20 minutes through the traffic into the actual historic town of Branson and that is worth a visit.
The actual star of the show in this area is the Ozark Mountains. The scenery is gorgeous. There are lots of activities to entertain….Hiking, biking, swimming, boating, and camping.
We recommend a stay at the Chateau on the Lake in Branson. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room overlooking Table Lake
2 Thank Debbeck
West Plains, Missouri
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Me and my wife; who was celebrating her birthday, decided we should go to Chateau on the Lake since we never been. She booked her birthday trip to Chateau for Monday, October 21 2013 til Tuesday, October 22, 2013. We arrived fashionable early on Monday and our room wasn't prepped, so Chateau upgraded our room to one of the $159. The ONLY good thing that came from this experience, now it goes downhill.

We spoke to the concierge about the nature trails around Branson, that suppose to be around Chateau. She had no clue what were talking about. You would think locals working at Chateau on the Lake in Branson would be well versed on local attractions to help their guests. Shouldn't that be a mandatory experience for the job as a concierge... Not here apparently.

Climax of the evening. Me and my wife decided to go into the pool room to enjoy a nice relaxing evening in the la' hot tub. After soaking in the hot tub for a while, we showered, dried off, and started to put on our clothes until I STEPPED ON SHARD OF GLASS on the pool deck. I yelled at my wife to bring some toilet paper for the gash I received, then put pressure on the cut while my wife rushed to the front desk. While looking at my 6 inches across and 4 inches wide of blood on floor, I read the pool rules on the wall and one of the rules requested NO GLASS ON THE POOL DECK. Apparently someone might of brought it in with their shoes, brought in a drink in a glass container, or Chateau's cleaning service didn't clean the pool deck properly. The glass shard was under one the tables when I stepped on it, so it might of been swiped under the table. Nobody knows. Anyways, my wife came back with bandages, anti-bacterial ointment, janitor, night shift manager, but no hydrogen peroxide. I kept asking for the damn hydrogen peroxide, finally the manager called to front desk for the first aid kit. Yes, the first aid kit finally came, after I been bleeding for 10 minutes. Great first aid Chateau... Luckily, my wife works in a pharmacy and I knew a few first aid treatments from boy scouts. Filled out a report, with no apologies in sight, no reduce rate on our room, we, actually my wife received happy birthday's wishes from the manager multiple of times. How about a damn apology for your horrific service on first aid 101?

Chateau on the Lake brags about their AAA four Diamond service, but I didn't see any of that from employers, or employees. They weren't well versed in attractions, service, and definitely not in first aid treatment. Me and my wife been to hotels, motels, inns, rat in the hole places, over priced, under priced in Branson, including Southern states of the contagious United States. Worst experience of any resort we stayed at, and definitely not stepping foot in Chateau or any John Q, Hammon resorts.

I did receive a nice parting gift in my left foot and ruined my wife's birthday. Thanks, Chateau!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else other than Chateau on the Lake or John Q, Hammon resorts.
3 Thank Jordan A
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Jordan:
Please allow me to apologize once again for the unfortunate accident that happened at our indoor pool during your stay. I trust all is well with you and that your cut has healed nicely and that everything is good.
Safety of our guests is of paramount importance to all of us here at the Chateau and many of our management team is trained in both CPR and AED. We also have in place procedures in the event of a medical emergency. It appears in this case that our Manager on Duty could have handled this incident better.
I am at a lost why one of our concierge attendants would not have been able to provide better information about walking and hiking trails in and around Branson. As you pointed out we have one of our own and there is a couple more nearby. Your comments have been shared with the Department Manager who will take the appropriate action to correct this disconnect.
Your feedback and comments are much appreciated and will be used as a teaching tool to improve our guest services.
If your travels bring you to Branson once again, hopefully you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves. Please call me directly and I would be more than pleased to assist you with your reservation.

Regards,
Stephen Marshall
Vice President & General Manager
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Very nice hotel with views of Table Rock Lake. The staff are amazing and are ready to help you have a great stay. They gave us great suggestions on restaurants and other sightseeing places. It is a beautiful drive to get there.

They have two pools, one inside and one outside
Two restaurants; a small cafe with sandwiches and the other one upscale.
Glass elevators
Beautiful atrium with fountains
Large parking lot with valet parking ($14.00 daily)
Room service
Very helpful staff
Large hotel room; some with a small balcony

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 8th floor and up facing Table Rock Lake
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mparker
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

First some of the things I liked about the hotel. It was beautifully landscaped, and the view was great, and the hotel was clean, and the staff was as helpful as they could be given some of the limitations available.

Things I disliked. I was there on a romantic getaway for me and my wife, and I paid a lot of money for an ambassador suite with a lakeside view. When I pay luxury prices like that I expect luxury accommodations. First the room was ok.....just ok, don't let the pictures fool you the room is not that big. Second, the bed was not very comfortable, I realize that this can be personal preference but both my wife and I had neck and back pains in the morning. Third, the bathroom was average, again, if I'm going to pay luxury prices I expect luxury accommodations. I expect a nice shower stall with some luxury bathroom amenities. The other luxury suites I have stayed at, had premier coffee makers in the room, with some quality coffee, this room had a standard if not below standard coffee pot with ordinary coffee. The Wi-Fi available is a JOKE....I never could get my iPad connected and even if I had they have below 2MB of free Wi-Fi, if you want 2MB that's $10 a day, and 5MB was $15 I think....geez, doesn't every hotel in the world offer free quality Wi-Fi now. The TVs were horrible, sometimes the picture goes out and you have to change the station back and forth to make it work and sometimes the sound goes out and you have to turn the TV off and back on to make it work. I pay for Netflix and usually I just stream movies through my iPad and connect to hotel TVs.....this is not allowed on these TVs....because they want to charge you more $$$$ for everything you watch.

Don't mean to complain, and I was able to have a nice trip with my wife, but I had a nice trip in spite of the hotel.

I would not pay the rates that they charge to stay here again.

We did not take advantage of the other amenities at the hotel.....restaurant, sweet shop, movies for kids, spa. If that is what you are interested in then maybe this hotel is for you, but if the room and it's amenities are what you are after then I recommend you not stay here and find someplace cheaper that is probably just as good.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple