“Excellent place!”

Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa
Ranked #18 of 140 Hotels in Branson
“Excellent place!”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This puts all of the other hotels in Branson to shame! Everything you need is right there on your resort. One of the nights we were there it was cold and rainy and we didn't feel like getting back out, went down to the mini theatre and watched a family movie with free popcorn. After that we went up to the library lounge and listened to the live entertainment that was there. The Christmas atmosphere was beautiful and elegant. We will be coming back in the summer to enjoy all the benefits of Table Rock Lake next time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DDM6

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
Morton, Illinois
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This is a very nice hotel with beautiful landscaping and water features both inside the hotel and outside. I have stayed in just about every type of room they offer. If you going to pay the money to stay at the Chateau its worth the extra money to stay on the lake FRONT side of the hotel. The lake view and mountain view rooms are just rooms with (not so great a view.) With the lake FRONT rooms you have the view of the outdoor pool, tennis courts, Table Rock lake, and of course the Ozark Mountains. Whatever you do don't stay in any 3rd floor room because your view will be either air conditioning units, a roof line/parking lot, or a ran down neighborhood. The Chateau could also revamp some of the rooms. The last couple of stays we
have noticed that the carpet and furnishings are showing age. So, request remodeled Lake FRONT Rooms.

Room Tip: Request remodeled Lake front rooms only.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Arron T
Boca Raton
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Have been making trips out to Branson for almost a decade, usually with Pastors in my ministry. We stayed here the first time we came, I stayed here last month, and many times in between. It is the only property in the region like this, and has been for years. Set on a hill overlooking a lake, it is an oasis away from the neon glitz and cheap gaudy kitsch that makes up most of Branson.

I come here for ministry conferences. Without the Chateau, it would be a completely different experience. A kind of well intended trailer in the ozark's theme park with flashing neon, without the broke down rusty ole pick up truck. Cause you'd be stuck. Being well acquainted as a child with the attempts at humble country glamour of Gatlinburg and its satellites, in the Smoky Mountains of eastern Tennessee, I have not so much an appreciation for as an understanding of them. I think I turned out alright. Thank God for His mercies. My dear mother and her people are from Knoxville and the surrounding area. Very beautiful country, and like much of the South, many people filled with lots of kindness.

There isn't a better restaurant around, and the only fine dining one I know of. The food is as good as most of the high dollar chop houses that I've been to, all over the country. This isn't the Ritz in Laguna Niguel or the Breakers in Palm Beach. What it is is a well run stately country hotel set off by itself, with a great view of the country that it's in. This is their Ritz. And should be understood and duly noted as such, for greater appreciation.

They have a long portico (covered porch) with chairs including a couple of rocking chairs, overlooking the lake. As I recently took up cigar smoking, it's great for an afternoon cigar, and the only place they allow smoking. They also have what seems to me an old world, club style Great Room, that is well furnished with lots of comfortable seating and a fireplace. I think they call it the Library, it also has a corner with a nice bar that opens in the evenings.

I always take advantage of the indoor pool and hot tub, as it's good for the skin. To be fair, the riverfront area of town is also different from the main drag, and has two nice Hilton hotels, where we've stayed as well. It's a bit more like a village, or at least a real town (little), if you prefer that to the country. For some reason the approach to the Chateau has always reminded me of that movie The Shining with Jack Nicholson. Except that here the Hotel is the place you want to get to, not away from. It is the strip with all it's wares that can drive you crazy.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Bartlett, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My mother and I had a great stay for her birthday. The staff were friendly. The room well appointed and comfortable. The spa was very enjoyable although a bit pricey and not our best spa experience. The food was good but again a bit pricey. We enjoyed the stores in the hotel and found several nice gifts. The location was not too far from town especially after we learned our way around. The only complaint I had was that we had upgraded to lake view but although we could see the lake much of the view was of the grounds in front of the hotel including parking lot.. I had visited previously and had a much better view..

Room Tip: Ask for one on 7 or 8th floor that overlooks the pool and has full lake view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
St.Louis
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Overall, we has a good time in Branson and a nice stay at the Chateau. The lobby is particularly beautiful when decked out for Christmas. The service is excellent. Everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful and they seemed well versed in high quality customer service. The room was clean with a couple of exceptions. There was visible dust on a shelf in the bathroom as well as dust lines around the room where the foor carpet meets the carpeted baseboards. Clearly they could be doing a more through job in those areas. It was noticeable enough that I moved my cleanliness rating to average. However, aside from this, everything seemed clean. Shower was notably clean! We slept well and were comfortable in our room. Just a few exceptions issues to note...I was really displeased with the room service. The first morning we had thd express breakfast delivered and they brought no salt or pepper with the tray. As I didn't want my food to get cold, I ate it anyway. Food was good, but to me, eggs without any salt or pepper are pretty bland and unappetizing. We ate dinner that night in the cafe off the lobby. Food and service were generally good, but when you order only soup and salad as your meal, it would have been nice to have received some kind if bread or roll to go with it round out the meal. On our second night, I was feeling ill and ordered some "home style chicken noodle" soup and a dish of icecream (My husband let them know I preferred mint chip, but vanilla would be OK) from room service. This was utterly pathetic! What I recieved was shameful, especially for the price! It was a tiny serving of what was clearly basic, canned, condensed chicken noodle soup- and not the kind that has some vegetables and substance- just plain tiny noodles and a couple tiny pieces of "chicken" in a salty, overly preservative-laden broth. I don't even buy this kind of soup for home because it is so disgusting. But THAT, my friends, is the "home style chicken noodle" at the Chateau. The only things on the tray was the tiny cup of soup, glass of water, salt and pepper (how amusing) and a plastic cup of vanilla icecream. This cost nearly $20 after I tipped the server for bringing it so quickly. I'll never get over that. It wasn't even a whole can worth of the soup, which I am certain I could have purchased at a grocer for under a dollar. I was extra disappointed that the sweet shop in the lobby had an extensive icecream selection, and they chose to bring basic vanilla over my preference. On our final morning we ordered the express breakfast again. This time, we did get appropriate condiments, but the eggs were cold when delivered. So, I can't say much for the room service at all. If you don't plan in ordering it, your stay will probably be excellent, so rank that as you will in your travel priorities. My only other negative feedback is the fact that they have a set of noisy birds in the lobby. It does add a neat ambiance to the nature scene in the lobby, however, the open style of the hotel means that we could hear the birds all the way in our room on the 10th floor on the opposite side of the lobby. They are quieted at night, but at 9:00am they become an unusual rooster. So, if you don't plan on sleeping in or sleeping at odd hours, this won't be a bother, but I thought it bears mentioning for those who might find it disturbing. Valet parking was reasonably priced with in-out provel edges and well worth it. Parking can be a bit far if there is an event at the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Chippi1
Bryant, Arkansas
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This was my first stay at Chateau on the Lake and It's now my favorite resort in Branson. I've been to the spa at the Chateau before and also enjoyed myself. This was a much needed getaway for my wife and myself. Thanks a million to Angel for making sure we had a great room. It could not have been better! Also thank's to upper management for taking such good care of us! The resort is immaculate.The staff helpful and professional.The indoor pool and hot tub are opened 24/7. This is a first for me outside of Royal Caribbean to do this. Kudo's! Adult only after 10pm is a great touch as well.Do not miss the breakfast buffet! Every item served was to perfection.We were surprised and delighted by the fireworks show Saturday evening.Last of all thank you to the housekeeping staff (Jamaca's in the house!) for giving us privacy yet doing a great job.You all should be proud!

Room Tip: The VP suite is awesome!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ColesDad1
eureka springs
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Often times when you think branson, you might think live entertainment but we decided to take a quick trip to the Chateau to enjoy a spa vacation we were glad we did.
The Chateau offers everything from a wonderful Sunday brunch to breath taking views relaxing and comfortable guestrooms and a top of the line spa experience in spa Chateau.
A great place to relax with easy access to all that Branson that is unless you do what we chose to do which was sleep in.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple