“Great conference venue”

Ranked #18 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Dallas, Texas
“Great conference venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here for the HMX User conference for the last three years. Always receive good service for the price. Although you have to purchase wifi access, it actually works no matter where you are in the hotel. Other conference centers require separate wifi access for the convention area vs the hotel area so you have a double expense. Didn't have time to take advantage of many of the amenities, but the gym and pool area are good. And always receive good service in the bar and the restaurant. Wait staff for the convention meals and breaks go out of their way to accomodate and take care of a large number of people.

Room Tip: Recommend a lake view on the back side of the hotel if available.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Stephen M, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Jo B:

I am glad to know that our Wi Fi which we recently upgraded you were pleased with and the other services of the resort. Thanks for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Chateau.

Chateau on the Lake

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (628)
Kansas, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed at the Chateau on business. The concierge was very nice while I checked in, informing me of where my room was, the price for valet parking, etc. The door was always opened for me every time I left and returned to the hotel. The hotel is arranged in a bit of an atrium-style way, so even when you shut the door to your room, you can still hear the water running over the "falls" and streams in the lobby area and any other noise from other guests. Not a huge deal, just something I noticed. My room was never cleaned until very late in the day (once, housekeeping showed up at nearly supper-time). It's a large hotel, so I understand this, especially since I was on the 10th floor and they can't possibly know my schedule, but I've not had this at another hotel before.The views from the rooms are stellar if you have a view of the lake. I did not have that view so I had a nice view of one mountain and the rooftop of the convention center. I did not sleep well any of the three nights (the mattress was a bit too firm for me and my back), but that doesn't mean it was anyone's fault. The room was well decorated, had ample space and soft bedding. Bathroom was nice (liked the TV volume feature in there...that spoiled me a bit!). Ate ONCE in the restaurant. The waitress wasn't very friendly nor did she refill water and took forever to process our bills (I ate with a friend). My friend and I each had soup (different kinds). Neither of us finished them. The soups simply smelled awful (we are thinking it was the type of cheese that was used). Now the young man who seated us was friendly and and the lady who gave us our initial drinks was very friendly and talkative. When I got back home, I noticed an error on my bill. Someone had charged their almost $40 meal to my room on a day I was eating all of my meals with the conference. I had to call the property 3 times (I left 2 messages) and emailed once. A week later, it was finally taken care of and removed from my bill. I received the corrected bill in my email box and a nice voicemail message from someone who had taken care of it. I don't know what caused the error (no explanation was given) but they took care of it and for that, I'm appreciative. The food for the conference was nice though. The property is a bit out of the way from Branson, but if you are looking for quiet, this is it. Nicely landscaped property with ample areas to walk around and enjoy the lake view. Nice "movie theater" and kids area. Sweet Shoppe was a nice addition and a convenient stop at night when I was looking for something to munch on. Overall, a nice stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view.
Dear 108Simon32:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review it is very much appreciated. I am pleased to know that your overall stay was a good one, despite the couple of issues as you have pointed out. We have duly noted them and corrective measures will be taken accordingly where possible.

Please know that your patronage is very important to us all and something we will never take for granted. We look forward to the opportunity of being at service once again.

Norman, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

This was a very nice hotel--for Branson. Based on the published prices, reviews, and the website, we were expecting it to be more of a luxury resort. The kind of place you might not leave for several days. It is not. Some rooms do have spectacular views, and we loved being on the lake. All the staff were very friendly and helpful, but it was not luxurious (which was kind of what we were looking for).

• Stayed April 2014
Stephen M, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Micahjo:
I appreciate your candid comments and for taking the time to write a review. Luxury is indeed a relevant term depending on the context it is written in and by ones expectations. I would classify our resort as upper upscale with aspects of our levels of service one would receive at a luxury hotel. Our quest is for our associates to have a genuine desire to be warm, friendly and provide service that matches this persona.

Nixa, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed at the Chateau on the Lake for our 20th wedding anniversary. We booked a package and were expecting after spending that much money that it would be a great weekend. When we arrived we suppose to get complimentary valet parking, that did not happen, then we suppose to get chocolate covered strawberries and champagne, that did not happen, we booked a couples massage and a pedicure, the bath in the massage room was so hot we were not able to get in, my husbands massage was terrible, mine was not bad but by far not the best I have had. The pedicure for the cost was terrible. We ordered breakfast the next morning and it was cold. When we asked to talk to a manager at checkout he would not come out and we were told he would call, he never did, to top it off on the way out with us taking our own bags and walking to our car because we did not get the complimentary valet service, the valet ran over my heals on the way out the door with a luggage cart. Overpriced for the services received and the room was no more special than that of a comfort suites. Very disappointing, will never go back!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank 883Tammy
ChateGM, Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear 883Tammy:

Needless to say I am shocked at the same time very concerned by our staff's inability to provide a level of service in keeping with our own standards of guest service. Please know that your comments are taken very seriously and your review will be shared with our respective department managers. Please accept my sincere apologies for our inabilities to create a wonderful experience during your recent. I invite you to call me personally that way I will be able to make the necessary arrangements to invite you back to the Chateau as our guest. I trust you will accept this gesture of goodwill in the fashion that it is intended.

Joplin, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Been here a lot for business, always beautiful. Close to everything in branson and beautiful view of the lake. Lots for kids to do, rooms are very nice, there is an echo from the lobby if anyone gets rowdy. Food is good

Room Tip: The corners are the best, ask for a view of the lake and a balcony room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
chateauonthelake, Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Brooke R:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your most recent stay with us, it is very much appreciated. I know that you had a choice of hotels when your travels bring you to Branson. Please know that your patronage will never be taken for granted and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Paradise Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed on the eighth floor and had a beautiful view of the lake. This was a suite and was well appointed. Our bedroom was large and roomy...the bed comfortable. This hotel is not located on the strip, but it's not far from most of the entertainment venues.

Room Tip: get a room with a view of the lake
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear goodtravel 2:

It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and we certainly do appreciate when we do. I am pleased to know that your stay with us was a pleasant one and I thank you for sharing your Chateau experience for others to read. When your travels bring you to Branson again, in the not too distant future we hope. We look forward to welcoming you back then.

Kansas City MO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Chateau on the Lake is impressive with it's view of Table Rock Lake IF you have a lakeside room. We ended up in a room on the other side above the LOUD rooftop air conditioning systems below so we couldn't leave our balcony door open. The hotel inside is dark and dusty. Our room...booked for a women's retreat-4 to a room, only had 2 full-size beds in it. Those were NOT queen beds AND they weren't firm mattresses and the down pillows were not firm either. The breakfast was without healthy choices; pasty biscuits and gravy and bacon and eggs. They did have fresh fruit and I'm glad I brought my own cereal to eat healthy instead. The coffee in the conference room was worse than truck-stop weak, so you had to go to the soda fountain to get good coffee or espresso drinks. I won't be bringing my hubby here for a weekend away. The conference is here again next year...hope things improve. I'm spoiled with Marriott luxe in every room. This was a trip akin to staying at the old Grand Budapest Hotel without the pleasure of Concierge Gustav H and his staff.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lake side appear to be away from the rooftop AC unit noise. Bring breakfast if you try...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
chateauonthelake, Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear RVP2015:
Here is the good news, all of our two double bed rooms; we will be converting to two queen beds within the next month. As much as we would have liked for all of our rooms to have Lake Front and lake view rooms. Unfortunately the topography and the plat we are built on did not allow for us to do so. The coffee served in our Sweet Shoppe is a premium brand. That is not the case in our banquet department. I will have our F&B Director check to ensure all of our coffee brewing machines in our banquet department are functioning properly.
Thank you for your feedback which is most welcome and helpful. It allows us the opportunity to make immediate corrections when feasible, thereby improving or product and service.
Hopefully we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Chateau next year when the conference meets again.

Vice President & General Manager