“Exceeded our expectations”

Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa
Ranked #18 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful time at this property. Beautiful accommodations and top notch service combined to make our 3-day stay very memorable. The standard room was clean and spacious. We had a spectacular view of the surrounding area from our 6th floor room. Hotel staff was helpful and friendly. We hope make our way back to Chateau on the Lake Resort again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Stephen M, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear R0BdMKE:

Thank you for sharing your kind comments about your Chateau experience, following your most recent stay. Feedbacks from our guests are always welcome and very helpful to us. When your travels bring you to Branson once again, we will be here once again to greet you.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel is beautiful , love the location.
The staff was not the smiling friendly type. We always stay marriotts and they have the best staff at everyone we have stayed at. Great training program, chateau might try it.
The cleanliness of the place was excellent except the glass I used in our room was not cleaned or replaced. I put a powder in water and there was powder in the bottom of glass. NASTY!!!! Was my towels replaced?????
We eat gluten free our lunch was very good and staff helpful.
The breakfast hostess was not helpful in finding out if we could eat there. We had to go into town to eat.
Just some fine tuning!
A nice place

• Stayed: May 2014
Stephen M, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Rkm62:

Thank you for your words of encouragement and for bringing to our attention your points of concern. It is very evident judging from your experience that a few of our associates, who are lacking in service skills, need more coaching and counselling.
It will certainly be brought to the attention of the managers in the respective departments and corrective action taken.
Please know that your patronage is very much appreciated and hopefully we will have the opportunity once again to be at your service in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The room was large and the view was beautiful. The beds are not comfortable. Everyone was friendly. It's only about 15 minutes from everything in town although the hills and curves are hard to navigate at night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Stephen M, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Ang10282014:
We are in the final stages of replacing all of our beds with Serta Perfect Sleeper mattresses and converting all of our rooms with two double beds to Queen Doubles. Along with new beds will be new sateen finish sheets with a 300 thread count and two different types of king pillows. It is all part of our guestroom refurbishment program.
Your comments are much appreciated and hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Chateau.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here for the HMX User conference for the last three years. Always receive good service for the price. Although you have to purchase wifi access, it actually works no matter where you are in the hotel. Other conference centers require separate wifi access for the convention area vs the hotel area so you have a double expense. Didn't have time to take advantage of many of the amenities, but the gym and pool area are good. And always receive good service in the bar and the restaurant. Wait staff for the convention meals and breaks go out of their way to accomodate and take care of a large number of people.

Room Tip: Recommend a lake view on the back side of the hotel if available.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jo B:

I am glad to know that our Wi Fi which we recently upgraded you were pleased with and the other services of the resort. Thanks for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Chateau.

Chateau on the Lake

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed at the Chateau on business. The concierge was very nice while I checked in, informing me of where my room was, the price for valet parking, etc. The door was always opened for me every time I left and returned to the hotel. The hotel is arranged in a bit of an atrium-style way, so even when you shut the door to your room, you can still hear the water running over the "falls" and streams in the lobby area and any other noise from other guests. Not a huge deal, just something I noticed. My room was never cleaned until very late in the day (once, housekeeping showed up at nearly supper-time). It's a large hotel, so I understand this, especially since I was on the 10th floor and they can't possibly know my schedule, but I've not had this at another hotel before.The views from the rooms are stellar if you have a view of the lake. I did not have that view so I had a nice view of one mountain and the rooftop of the convention center. I did not sleep well any of the three nights (the mattress was a bit too firm for me and my back), but that doesn't mean it was anyone's fault. The room was well decorated, had ample space and soft bedding. Bathroom was nice (liked the TV volume feature in there...that spoiled me a bit!). Ate ONCE in the restaurant. The waitress wasn't very friendly nor did she refill water and took forever to process our bills (I ate with a friend). My friend and I each had soup (different kinds). Neither of us finished them. The soups simply smelled awful (we are thinking it was the type of cheese that was used). Now the young man who seated us was friendly and and the lady who gave us our initial drinks was very friendly and talkative. When I got back home, I noticed an error on my bill. Someone had charged their almost $40 meal to my room on a day I was eating all of my meals with the conference. I had to call the property 3 times (I left 2 messages) and emailed once. A week later, it was finally taken care of and removed from my bill. I received the corrected bill in my email box and a nice voicemail message from someone who had taken care of it. I don't know what caused the error (no explanation was given) but they took care of it and for that, I'm appreciative. The food for the conference was nice though. The property is a bit out of the way from Branson, but if you are looking for quiet, this is it. Nicely landscaped property with ample areas to walk around and enjoy the lake view. Nice "movie theater" and kids area. Sweet Shoppe was a nice addition and a convenient stop at night when I was looking for something to munch on. Overall, a nice stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear 108Simon32:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review it is very much appreciated. I am pleased to know that your overall stay was a good one, despite the couple of issues as you have pointed out. We have duly noted them and corrective measures will be taken accordingly where possible.

Please know that your patronage is very important to us all and something we will never take for granted. We look forward to the opportunity of being at service once again.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

This was a very nice hotel--for Branson. Based on the published prices, reviews, and the website, we were expecting it to be more of a luxury resort. The kind of place you might not leave for several days. It is not. Some rooms do have spectacular views, and we loved being on the lake. All the staff were very friendly and helpful, but it was not luxurious (which was kind of what we were looking for).

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Micahjo:
I appreciate your candid comments and for taking the time to write a review. Luxury is indeed a relevant term depending on the context it is written in and by ones expectations. I would classify our resort as upper upscale with aspects of our levels of service one would receive at a luxury hotel. Our quest is for our associates to have a genuine desire to be warm, friendly and provide service that matches this persona.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed at the Chateau on the Lake for our 20th wedding anniversary. We booked a package and were expecting after spending that much money that it would be a great weekend. When we arrived we suppose to get complimentary valet parking, that did not happen, then we suppose to get chocolate covered strawberries and champagne, that did not happen, we booked a couples massage and a pedicure, the bath in the massage room was so hot we were not able to get in, my husbands massage was terrible, mine was not bad but by far not the best I have had. The pedicure for the cost was terrible. We ordered breakfast the next morning and it was cold. When we asked to talk to a manager at checkout he would not come out and we were told he would call, he never did, to top it off on the way out with us taking our own bags and walking to our car because we did not get the complimentary valet service, the valet ran over my heals on the way out the door with a luggage cart. Overpriced for the services received and the room was no more special than that of a comfort suites. Very disappointing, will never go back!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 883Tammy
ChateGM, Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear 883Tammy:

Needless to say I am shocked at the same time very concerned by our staff's inability to provide a level of service in keeping with our own standards of guest service. Please know that your comments are taken very seriously and your review will be shared with our respective department managers. Please accept my sincere apologies for our inabilities to create a wonderful experience during your recent. I invite you to call me personally that way I will be able to make the necessary arrangements to invite you back to the Chateau as our guest. I trust you will accept this gesture of goodwill in the fashion that it is intended.