“A Wonderful Stay at the Chateau”

Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa
Ranked #18 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband and I go to The Chateau on the Lake at least one time each year. It is THE ONLY place to stay in Branson!! The staff always take exceptional care of us and the service is impeccable. We love to sit in their Library bar and look out over the beautiful panoramic lake view, as we sip our glass of wine. The food is delicious and their "Sweet Shop" has the most amazing, freshly made desserts. It does not get any better than The Chateau in Branson!!

Room Tip: The room rates at the Chateau will cost more than most hotels in the area, but it is worth it. Also...
1  Thank T M

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We spend four days at Chateau on the Lake in March, 2014 for an art collector's event. We were placed in a standard room. In spite of what I had read in reviews, this room had a balcony with a nice view of the lake. The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable, the shower head was great. The resort has a large atrium with lots of small waterfalls and ponds.
We had the same resort staff working the bar and and our meals for the four days. They were all very friendly and willing to assist in any way they could. Fantastic service.
This resort is pricey but, if you can afford it, worth the price.

Room Tip: Ask for lake view.
1  Thank Dick L
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The room was gorgeous, the bathrooms spacious, the bed very comfy! Unfortunately the first two rooms I was taken to were on the right side of the hotel (if you are facing the lake) and they overlooked a huge amount of large generators that were humming so loudly that even from the room on the 10th floor I could hear them through the walls with the windows closed. I must say though the staff was beyond courteous and moved me to a lake side room for no additional fee. I definately felt pampered. The safe is big enough for a laptop (which is very nice). The lake side view overlooks the sunset so quite lovely. There is no refridgerator in the room which I thought odd. Also there are no easy outlets available to plug in a cell phone charger or laptop when you are on the couch or bed (had to reach way behind the side table). I ate at the restaurant and the food was good but not spectacular. The interior was lovely, elevators quick, snack shop open late and staff was (almost always) gracious and helpful. All in all a wonderful place (except for 1/4 of the rooms being extremely noisy).
I did notice that the prices of the hotels in the area was significantly cheaper than what I paid also.

Room Tip: Make sure your room either faces the lake, or is on the left side of the property so you don't h...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sandy H
Stephen M, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Sandy H:

Those generators are really our chillers and I must admit in the still of the night they do give off to some, an annoying hum. I wish it could be changed however after retro-fitting the condensers with sound reducing baffles we are somewhat snookered. My apologies for our shortcomings and any inconvenience we may have caused.
I am pleased to know despite this annoyance that the rest of your stay and experience was a pleasant one. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Chateau in the not too distant future.

Regards,

Reviewed 20 May 2014

My husband and I spent a long weekend at the resort for our anniversary. We both love tennis and were looking forward to playing in the "mountaintop tennis courts." We were disappointed in the disrepair of the tennis courts. The nets weren't the correct height and they weren't properly strapped down. There were big cracks on the courts and they were littered with leaves and branches we had to clean off before we could play. It took staff a half hour (after 2 requests from us) to get the lights on after dark and then they didn't light the court well at all. So, if you want to play a lot if tennis a different resort would be a better option. However, everything else about the resort was lovely. The food was amazing, the views are breathtaking, the service was good, the beds were comfortable, and overall we had a great weekend.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

We stay here for a lawyer's convention each year. Great rooms, food, service and facilities. Beautiful view of the lake. I love the pool, they have an awesome pastry shop on site and the spa services are wonderful. I would suggest this hotel for anyone traveling to the Branson area.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Stephen M, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear cjess1019:
It is always a pleasure having your group at the Chateau and we look forward to your return next year. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind words about us, it is very much appreciated.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have stayed here many times and there is a reason! The staff are more than wonderful. I always feel as if I am a princess when I am at The Chateau.
There are just not enough nice things to say. The restaurant is amazing ( Please don't miss the short ribs!!! ) The waitstaff tend to your every need.. I adore the coffee shop for that latte you NEED or the piece of cheesecake you don't! .
The rooms are great...never anything lacking. I always ask for a lakeside room but if you prefer to look at the glorious Smokey Mountains then gaze away!
In short, the folks at The Chateau know how to run a hotel. They understand customer service and what it takes to ensure that I keep coming back to them each time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear hbenziger:

Thank you so much for sharing with all to read your Chateau experiences. As a valued guest of ours there is no better endorsement than from one of our regular guest. Your patronage is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Chateau in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

The room was nice, but not great.The bathroom floors were hard tile. I kept in visioning falling on the floor and breaking a hip. Branson is the land for senior citizens, and I just know that will happen one day. Also we were suppose to have a bottle of Champaign and chocolate covered strawberries on arrival. We had to call down for them, and wait 30 to 45 min. The sweet shop had almost nothing in it to buy, just some left over pastries that looked days and days old. We bought chocolate truffles, they were not good, they were hard as rocks .The king bed in our room was weird. If you didn't sleep in the middle of the bed, you felt like you sliding off to the floor. The one really good thing was the food in the dinning room. We had dinner one night in the dinning room and the food was beyond great We asked to see the Chef, but didn't get to, so my husband sent back a $20 tip to the Chef, not sure he got it. The waiter Greg probably pocketed it.. We did use room service, nothing really great but not bad. Didn't order breakfast, but once as breakfast was outrageously priced, starting at $13 or $14. There is no breakfast worth that much money, we are talking eggs!!! they only cost $2 a dozen. We will never stay again or recommend to anyone.We were told that it was out of season and the season started in July. I live in Eureka Springs, the season starts in April for us and Branson. If that was the case then everyone there should have had the best service ever, since there was only a hand full of people staying there. Also our room was next to the one they were rentivating, making it nosy early in the morning. Wishing we saved our money.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Stephen M, Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear MMPerkins:
Thank you for taking the time in writing a review, as feedback from our guests whether negative or positive is all important to us. It allows us the opportunity to take corrective measures to issues that are brought to our attention that are in keeping with our own product standards and service.
There are times such as in your case, when we have failed to meet your expectations for which we do apologize. Hopefully our failures will not become a deterring factor in your continued patronage of our hotel and if at any time I can be of assistance, please know your call is always welcome.