“Spring Break Week”

Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa
Ranked #15 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 29 March 2009

We decided to stay off the airplane this year and find a place we could drive to escape the Wisconsin winter. Basically I looked at the weather map and found Branson had a window of nice weather. I booked the highest star rated hotel in the area that wasn't adults only and it ended up being the Chateau. They had a Spring Break package for families where you got adjoining rooms, one full price and the other for half. The rooms were very well appointed and spacious. The first couple of nights we were basically in this huge hotel by ourselves. The staff was great, but the hotel pulled back on some of their facilities e.g. some bars, a deli etc. during those slow nights. Things picked up when the Missouri state police booked out the hotel and we got to see the staff and hotel humming along. We ate in the main restaurant and if you order off the full dinner menu you can easily hit $ 200 for a family of four without wine. They have another sandwich type menu with a nice selection that cuts that price in half. We tried selections from both, but ask for the other menu especially if you have teenagers who eat everything in five minutes or less. The food was quite good and presented well. I thought the rail drink prices were a bit high. You will pay $6.50-$7.50 for a single old fashion size drink. I do agree with the prior poster on the in room Internet. I tether to my Blackberry so I don't need it, but believe the price is too high. At a minimum the main lobby should have wireless in addition to the business center. All in all the hotel is a solid business / convention type hotel that can let its hair down for families. If your accustom to the Hilton, Sheraton, Marriott type resorts, the Chateau will not disappoint.

1  Thank Wausau_WIWapper
Write a ReviewReviews (2,787)

Reviewed 23 March 2009

We're beginning to call the Chateau on the Lake our second home when we travel to Branson. We aren't world travelers but take vacations across the US twice a year and the Chateau always ranks at the top of our list. We had a credit card issue when we checked in due to our local bank implenting some new security features last week on debit/credit cards due to some type of security breach on their system and we found out (the hard way) that until they get the kinks out, the card will not work outside our home state (Arkansas). Fortunately we carried enough cash for the trip so the trip was not adversely affected but the staff of the Chateau was VERY understanding and worked with us to allow a smooth stay despite the card issues. We cannot say enough about the staff --- VERY professional and helpful As always, our daughter's favorite spots were the swimming pool and pastry shop. We brought our laptop along on the trip and was a little surprised to find an extra fee ($9.95 per day) for internet access. I would like to see the Chateau build this fee into the room package down the road if possible. We use trip advisor a alot during our trips and the laptop really helped. Overall, as always, we would (and do) highly recommend this hotel to our friends and family.

1  Thank Ark_1864
Reviewed 21 March 2009

It never dawned on me to check to see if a hotel in 2009 actually had FREE internet access (for an 'additional charge' you can get on the internet on ONE computer) At $200+ a night, one would think that a modern amenity such as internet/wi-fi would be included, but alas, the Chateau seems to be either stuck in 2004 or has adopted the attitude of "if you can afford $220/night for a room, what is another $10/day.

Don't get me wrong...BEAUTIFUL hotel, but for crying out loud....quit nickle-and-diming me.

Won't stay there again. Internet access is free at the cheaper hotels and how nice the room REALLY need to be.

6  Thank JHat10
chateauonthelake, Vice President & General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2009

It is always important when we here from our guests as your feedback is very much welcomed. As you pointed out in your review we do charge, like many other upscale hotels and resorts, many who are our competitors, charge for secure and the optimum word is secure, In Room high speed intermet service. We do however provide that very same service at our Business Center and two other locations at the resort FREE of charge. If we neglected to share this information with you, please do accept my sincere apologies. Despite this shortfall, I am pleased to know that your stay was a pleasant one.

Chateau on the Lake

Reviewed 6 December 2008

My girlfriend and I decided to go to Branson for our annual Christmas shopping trip. I discovered we could stay here for around the same price as the regular 3 star hotels where we usually stay and for quite a bit less than a couple of the other nice hotels in the area. The staff was friendly and welcoming. And when we arrived we received a complimentary upgrade which was great.
The hotel and grounds were beautiful. The inside was beautiful as well with a huge atrium complete with waterfall and lovely plants. And it was decorated for Christmas with lots of lights and an incredible gingerbread house.
The room was great - nicely decorated and extremely clean. The beds were comfortable with lots of pillows. The bathroom was very nice - nice tile and granite countertops.
The hotel has a great pool/spa area with indoor and outdoor pools and also it's own movie theater which shows free movies in the evening. I liked the fact that the indoor pool and hot tub area are open for 24 hours.
We spent the evening in the library lounge which was very nice with a big fireplace and lots of cozy seating. Drinks were expensive but good and there was a guitar player and singer who were very entertaining. They offer appetizer type food here and we ordered the ravioli which was good. We also ordered the "deconstructed bruschetta" which was the only dark spot on the entire stay. There's just no sugarcoating the awfulness of it - especially the salmon/cheese mixture which was fishy and horrible. BUT - still a good evening and atmosphere.
Our stay wasn't long enough to enjoy all the wonderful amenities this hotel offers. We really hope to be able to return for a longer stay and I especially would like to visit the spa.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and think it was a great value as well.

2  Thank mttee
chateaugm, Vice President & General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2009

I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a review following your most recent stay at the Chateau. It is feedback such as yours which is welcome, for it allows us the opportunity to take corrective action where we may have not met your expectations. Please know that the Chef and I will review in its entirety our Library Lounge menu and I can assure, if you were to return to the Chateau, which we certainly hope you do, there will be a vast improvement to our Library Lounge menu.

Regards,

Reviewed 1 December 2008

My husband and I just returned from a long weekend at the Chateau. It was our first getaway without our 2 children and it was just what we needed! We came home relaxed and refreshed.

The staff is wonderful. Very helpful and friendly. We were upgraded to a larger room upon check in. A pleasant surprise. The decor was warm and inviting. We were there just in time to enjoy the Christmas decorations. The room was a very good size (deluxe king) and comfortable. There were two vanity areas one in the bathroom and one in the bedroom area. Very helpful for two people getting ready to go out.

The balcony with views of Table Rock Lake was also nice. It was a little chilly on our visit, but in warmer weather it would be wonderful to have breakfast on the balcony.

Indoor Pool/Whirlpool area was very nice. Adults only after 10 pm was especially great. There were more children at the resort than I expected for such an upscale resort. A little noise on our floor one night around midnight-1:00 am.

The only meals we had at the hotel were breakfast. The package we booked came with in-room breakfast (or you can elect a $35 breakfast credit in the restaurant which was nice for some variety). The food was excellent and plentiful! The restaurant offered a full breakfast buffet on the Sunday morning we went down to the restaurant.

I have to say, the best part of the resort is the spa!!! I enjoyed a Chateau signature massage which allowed access to full use of the spa facilities including an outdoor whirlpool, indoor whirlpool, eucalyptus steam room, dry sauna and relaxation lounge with snacks and beverages. My husband came along and enjoyed the facilities for only an additional $20.

This was a very memorable weekend for us. We will absolutely return to this hotel next time we have a chance. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TNTAllen

Your review is very much appreciated, thank you for taking the time to do it. Naturally, it is always nice to know when we have met if not exceeded our guest expectations. Our staff at the Chateau do make every effort to go above and beyond to make our guests stay as pleasant as possible.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Chateau in the not too distant future.

Vice President & General Manager
Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa.

Reviewed 21 October 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Chateau on the Lake on our honeymoon and loved every moment.

Upon arrival, seeing the resort high on the hill was amazing. The landscaping out front is beautiful with flowers and small waterfalls. Before entering the lobby, the staff greeted us and opened the door. The desk staff was very friendly. In the middle of the hotel, the landscape and view is simply amazing. There are elevators to accommodate you to your floor.

We stayed on the fifth floor in a king deluxe and the room was perfect. It was spacious. The bed and the sheets were soft and relaxing. Out on the balcony you could overlook table rock lake. Seeing the sun set in the evening was breath taking.
In the package we purchased,it included breakfast in bed.
The server was very friendly and the food was very good.
Checkout was the easiest I have ever handled.

At the resort they have a restaurant, movie theater,tennis court,pool,hot tub just to name a few.

If parking seems to be a concern as it was for us at night, they offer validate parking.

I am a middle class citizen and money was not an option when it came to staying at the Chateau on the Lake.

It is a 4 star resort indeed. I will be staying there anytime I visit Branson and I recommend giving them the change to impress you as well.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank newlyweds72401

We certainly do appreciate when our guests take the time to write a review such as you did. Even though we make every effort to ensure that our guests are extended the best that service has to offer, there are times when we may fall short. When this may happens, we always like to know so that corrective measures may be taken right away. I am pleased to learn that your stay with us was indeed a pleasant one and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Chateau.

Reviewed 30 September 2008

Hubby and I just returned from another great little get-away to Branson. It was our second stay at the Chateau and this visit was just as nice as our first - the weather even cooperated this time. Last time it snowed :0)

We purchased a hotel/show package directly through the hotel and we were not disappointed. We saw Tony Roi (Elvis impersonator - Elvis is 'alive and well' in Branson!)

The room was perfect - clean, roomy with a very comfy bed - and the Sunday Champaign Brunch was all we remembered. Anything your little heart could desire - the omelets were perfection. Service top notch.

We will visit again - you can be sure.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank C M

It is always great when our guests take the time to write a review such as the one you did. It is certainly more validating when having stayed at the resort as you have on two separate occasions. Thank you for taking the time to do so and we look forward to welcoming you back once again for a third visit.