We decided to stay off the airplane this year and find a place we could drive to escape the Wisconsin winter. Basically I looked at the weather map and found Branson had a window of nice weather. I booked the highest star rated hotel in the area that wasn't adults only and it ended up being the Chateau. They had a Spring Break package for families where you got adjoining rooms, one full price and the other for half. The rooms were very well appointed and spacious. The first couple of nights we were basically in this huge hotel by ourselves. The staff was great, but the hotel pulled back on some of their facilities e.g. some bars, a deli etc. during those slow nights. Things picked up when the Missouri state police booked out the hotel and we got to see the staff and hotel humming along. We ate in the main restaurant and if you order off the full dinner menu you can easily hit $ 200 for a family of four without wine. They have another sandwich type menu with a nice selection that cuts that price in half. We tried selections from both, but ask for the other menu especially if you have teenagers who eat everything in five minutes or less. The food was quite good and presented well. I thought the rail drink prices were a bit high. You will pay $6.50-$7.50 for a single old fashion size drink. I do agree with the prior poster on the in room Internet. I tether to my Blackberry so I don't need it, but believe the price is too high. At a minimum the main lobby should have wireless in addition to the business center. All in all the hotel is a solid business / convention type hotel that can let its hair down for families. If your accustom to the Hilton, Sheraton, Marriott type resorts, the Chateau will not disappoint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Branson's only AAA Four Diamond resort hotel, sits high upon a hill overlooking the pristine waters of Table Rock Lake. The resort amenities include but not limited to; a 14,000 sq. ft. spa, Kids Club (seasonal), Chateau Marina (seasonal), two lighted tennis courts, year round nature trail, year round indoor pool and hot tub, outdoor pool and hot tub (seasonal), full concierge service, multiple food & beverage outlets and 42,500 sq. ft. of meeting and banquet space. On the Lake ~ In the Mountains ~ Beyond the Ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau On The Lake Resort And Spa
- Chateau On The Lake Hotel Branson
- Chateau Lake