“Fantastic service! Beautiful hotel”

Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa
Ranked #18 of 140 Hotels in Branson
West, Texas
“Fantastic service! Beautiful hotel”
Reviewed 26 May 2009

My wife and I, along with our 18-month old and 2-month old son, stayed at Chateau on the Lake for my parents' 50th anniversary, along with 19 other members of our family. Our room was beautifully kept, and very neatly appointed. I cannot say enough about the housekeeping, bell staff, and concierge and front desk personnel. They were all very nice to us and very helpful throughout our stay as we struggled to keep up with our sons. Every need we had was met by the wonderful staff. We enjoyed the Memorial weekend barbecue and beautiful fireworks show. I cannot say enough about what a memorable experience they made it for us and our parents and family for their anniversary.

We also thought it was a nice, out of the way location, if you want to get away from all of the hustle and bustle of Branson. The only thing that was a bit much were the food prices in the hotel restaurants. Plenty of other options in Branson though to keep you happy. Overall a great stay and we'd definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (651)
Louisiana
Reviewed 14 May 2009

Ever since I was a child I have always looked forward to going to my favorite hotel, Chateau on The Lake. This hotel is very up-to-date and has a theatre, pool(indoors and out), gym, spa, and breathtaking view of the gorgeous lake. In side the hotel is a breath taking waterfall that has thrilled me since a child. The rooms are great but the rates are a tid bit high in my opinion. The food is great. There are several conference rooms and a few gift shops as well. I would recommend this hotel to families with young children or even a couple that just wants to relax. Chateau is absoloutely paramount.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
kkzswtdrm
Reviewed 6 May 2009

The hotel was breathtaking on the way up the hill, but fell somewhat short after that. The hotel was very pretty inside but lacked anything spectacular to explain the high cost. The indoor pool was average. The room was nice but the bed was terrible. The view from the room's balcony is very pretty if you are lucky enough to get lakeside. The food was good but very very overpriced. Room service food was bearable and very expensive (i.e. one cheeseburger (A),one chicken sandwich (A) and one brownie from the kids menu--no drinks=$43.00). There is a charge for internet in the room as well.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kkzswtdrm
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed 7 April 2009

The hotel itself is very beautiful, and the views are top notch, but for the cost of our 2 night stay, (over 1k including a meal), the service and the food were not up to par. It felt like the hotel was running on a skeleton crew. When we 1st arrived I asked the valet and the front desk where I could buy some wine to celebrate my wife's birthday, I was told by both of them to go to a gas station. That didn't make alot of sense to me, I also asked where I could get a good meal, and instead of informing that there was a restaurant in the hotel, they suggested some place down the road. It wasn't until going to the Library Lounge that I actually got some decent service. The bartender was very helpful and informed me that they have a large wine selection right there at the hotel and he found the bottle I was looking for. Very nice guy, as for the rest of the staff, they made it feel more like we went to a Ramada... there wasn't even anyone to open the doors when you walk in. Not a big deal in a cheap motel but when I'm paying over 1k for a couple night stay and a meal, I expect better service. As for the fine dining... well, again, the view is nice.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jmaynard79
chateaugm, Vice President & General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 April 2009
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your Chateau experiences following your most recent stay.

It is feedback such as yours that allows us the opportunity to take corrective measures when we have failed to deliver either the service or product that one would expect from a resort such as ours. It certainly appears we did not meet your expectations on your most recent visit which is a cause of much concern for us, as do pride ourselves in providing friendly, courteous and consistent service and a quality product.

Please accept my apologies for failing to meet your expectations on this occasion, one which we are not proud of. I trust our shortcomings will not become a deterring factor in your patronage of the Chateau in the future.

Stephen Marshall
Vice President & General Manager
Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 March 2009

We decided to stay off the airplane this year and find a place we could drive to escape the Wisconsin winter. Basically I looked at the weather map and found Branson had a window of nice weather. I booked the highest star rated hotel in the area that wasn't adults only and it ended up being the Chateau. They had a Spring Break package for families where you got adjoining rooms, one full price and the other for half. The rooms were very well appointed and spacious. The first couple of nights we were basically in this huge hotel by ourselves. The staff was great, but the hotel pulled back on some of their facilities e.g. some bars, a deli etc. during those slow nights. Things picked up when the Missouri state police booked out the hotel and we got to see the staff and hotel humming along. We ate in the main restaurant and if you order off the full dinner menu you can easily hit $ 200 for a family of four without wine. They have another sandwich type menu with a nice selection that cuts that price in half. We tried selections from both, but ask for the other menu especially if you have teenagers who eat everything in five minutes or less. The food was quite good and presented well. I thought the rail drink prices were a bit high. You will pay $6.50-$7.50 for a single old fashion size drink. I do agree with the prior poster on the in room Internet. I tether to my Blackberry so I don't need it, but believe the price is too high. At a minimum the main lobby should have wireless in addition to the business center. All in all the hotel is a solid business / convention type hotel that can let its hair down for families. If your accustom to the Hilton, Sheraton, Marriott type resorts, the Chateau will not disappoint.

1 Thank Wausau_WIWapper
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 23 March 2009

We're beginning to call the Chateau on the Lake our second home when we travel to Branson. We aren't world travelers but take vacations across the US twice a year and the Chateau always ranks at the top of our list. We had a credit card issue when we checked in due to our local bank implenting some new security features last week on debit/credit cards due to some type of security breach on their system and we found out (the hard way) that until they get the kinks out, the card will not work outside our home state (Arkansas). Fortunately we carried enough cash for the trip so the trip was not adversely affected but the staff of the Chateau was VERY understanding and worked with us to allow a smooth stay despite the card issues. We cannot say enough about the staff --- VERY professional and helpful As always, our daughter's favorite spots were the swimming pool and pastry shop. We brought our laptop along on the trip and was a little surprised to find an extra fee ($9.95 per day) for internet access. I would like to see the Chateau build this fee into the room package down the road if possible. We use trip advisor a alot during our trips and the laptop really helped. Overall, as always, we would (and do) highly recommend this hotel to our friends and family.

1 Thank Ark_1864
Oklahoma
Reviewed 21 March 2009

It never dawned on me to check to see if a hotel in 2009 actually had FREE internet access (for an 'additional charge' you can get on the internet on ONE computer) At $200+ a night, one would think that a modern amenity such as internet/wi-fi would be included, but alas, the Chateau seems to be either stuck in 2004 or has adopted the attitude of "if you can afford $220/night for a room, what is another $10/day.

Don't get me wrong...BEAUTIFUL hotel, but for crying out loud....quit nickle-and-diming me.

Won't stay there again. Internet access is free at the cheaper hotels and how nice the room REALLY need to be.

6 Thank JHat10
chateauonthelake, Vice President & General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 22 March 2009
It is always important when we here from our guests as your feedback is very much welcomed. As you pointed out in your review we do charge, like many other upscale hotels and resorts, many who are our competitors, charge for secure and the optimum word is secure, In Room high speed intermet service. We do however provide that very same service at our Business Center and two other locations at the resort FREE of charge. If we neglected to share this information with you, please do accept my sincere apologies. Despite this shortfall, I am pleased to know that your stay was a pleasant one.

Stephen Marshall