Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa
Angel Inn - Near IMAX(Branson)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$48
Savannah House Hotel(Branson)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$85
Westgate Branson Woods Resort(Branson)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$71
  • Pool
Best Western Center Pointe Inn(Branson)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$88
  • Pool
Welk Resort Branson(Branson)(Great Value!)
US$66
Quality Inn Branson W 76 Central(Branson)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$202
US$160
US$161
US$155
Hotel Grand Victorian(Branson)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$98
Travelocity
2,840 results
All reviewssweet shopmovie theaterlibrary loungeambassador suitemountain viewbeautiful hotelembassy suiteschristmas decorationstennis courtsbranson areaking roomoff seasonoutdoor poolice creamsilver dollar citybalconygingerbread
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2009

Stayed at the Chateau with my girlfriend for three nights on a visit to Table Rock lake and Branson. Had a room on the 5th floor with a view of the lake. Rooms are very nice and well decorated. Lobby of the hotel is very nice with an indoor waterfall, and very impressed with indoor/outdoor pools. My only disappoinments were at a rate of over $300 a night the hotel does not provide a continental breakfast. Also the balcony of our room had many spider webs on the railing and ceiling. I mentioned this to the front desk on our way out one morning, but it was never cleaned And if you plan on renting a boat of jet ski for the lake, avoid the Chateaus marina. Their rates are about 10% more than State Parks Marina just a few miles down the strreet. Overall I enjoyed my stay here but probably would decide to stay somewhere else on another visit.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank begbie1
chateauonthelake, Vice President & General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2009

We do have a tendency in the summer months here in the Ozarks to attract spiders together with their webs. I am sorry about that and I will bring you concern to the attention of our housekeeping team and ensure that they pay more attention to those spider webs out on our balconies. There is no excuse after you brougt it to our attention during your stay that it was not taken care of right away.
Our private Chateau Marina is for our hotel guest only and is managed by the same company that operates the State Park Marina. They do a great job at both locations and set the prices. I am glad to know that you were able to experience Table Rock Lake during your visit to Branson as so many of our visitors don't know what they are missing.

Reviewed 16 June 2009

Decided to take my wife to this highly regarded hotel for Mother's Day this year as I wanted to show her a very special time. I selected the hotel's bed and breakfast package which included a one night stay, allegedly overlooking the mountains, and breakfast room service. Well, things didn't turn out as expected. Upon arrival we were met by a downright unpleasant valet who, upon discovering we had no business to extend him, rebuffed us with quite a sneer. Unperturbed, we proceeded to check in only to be met by a nice, but untrained, young lady. After having to assist her to provide us with our own needs we went up to our room which was indeed nice. The beds we luxurious (my thoughts), if a bit hard (my wife's comments.) The view was of the lake, if one were to stay far from the window. Otherwise it was of the trash bin and back of the hotel where, to our chagrin, we learned we would be treated to a frequent host of banging noises. Still, we enjoyed the room overall. We eventually wandered out of our room and ended up at the sweet shop for dessert. What a disappointment that was. Again, service was not only lacking but the selection of available food items was scant, at best. Nevertheless, the view from the shop was magnificent and we thoroughly enjoyed our treats. Soon after, we visited the gift shop where a perfectly lovely lady, the shop manager, conversed with us as if we were old friends. After selecting many fine gifts to take home with us we sauntered on to enjoy a dinner on the town. Here again, service was an issue for when we asked for directions into town from the hotel we were misdirected. The evening went uneventfully but we didn't sleep comfortably. The next morning, upon waking, we ordered breakfast via room service. It was not a difficult order but it took the staff three trips and an argument with my wife to get our order complete. Even so, the food was lukewarm, at best, and nearly inedible. The coffee, however, was great and we highly recommend it. Good luck if you decide to stay here but we do not feel comfortable recommending it.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
chateauonthelake, Vice President & General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2009

As I have stated in many of my responses to reviews before, we always welcome feedback from our guests for it allows us the opportunity to correct issues where they may exist in our operation.
It appears on this occasion we failed to deliver the service levels we have earned our reputation on and I would like too think that this was an isolated incident. Nevertheless, one can be rest assured that those areas of concern will be looked at and where deemed necessary appropriate measures will be taken to correct the issues.
My sincere apologies are extended and hopefully this incident will not become a deterring factor in the patronage of the Chateau by others.

Reviewed 9 June 2009

This was our 4th stay at the Chateau, but the first in several years. We used to come annually to meet friends at an conference and came because this is where the conference was booked. We always liked the location (love Table Rock Lake and the surrounding Ozark scenery), and the hotel offers alot of amenities that are otherwise almost impossible to find in Branson. As such, when we were thinking of coming back to Table Rock, we wanted to stay here.

Unfortunately, despite the millions of dollars spent on the place, the resort can't seem to entirely shake the dust of the Branson strip from its feet. In my opinion, this place needs to decide relatively quickly whether it wants to be a top notch resort catering to those seeking R & R in the beautiful Ozark scenery or just another Branson tourist trap. With proper management and just a few slight adjustments, it could easily be the former. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that too many guests today are leaving with the impression that it is the latter.

A couple of specific suggestions: (1) Charging $10 a day for internet access is just beneath the standards of a 4 star resort - even the motels on the strip advertise "Free Wi-Fi." Either add $10 to the room price or put a quarter machine at the side of each bed where the guest can choose between internet access or a 10 minute massage bed. This goes for the many additional "charges" we encountered - $2.50 for a band-aid to cover our son's stubbed toe at the pool was another particularly egregious example - if you want to be a 4 star resort, act like it. If you just want to pick your guests' pocket at every turn, then rename yourself the "Baldknobbers" or some such thing and move to Hwy 76;

(2) The service has got to be more consistent. This was our #1 complaint from our prior stays. However, I must say that during our first night, I was VERY pleasantly surprised. The wait staff at the main dining room for Friday night dinner was superb, as were the girls at the twilight "S'mores" campfire for the kids and the very friendly (and prompt) waiter we had for Saturday morning breakfast. Unfortunately, it was all down-hill from there. Our service (including the front desk staff, concierge, and waitstaff in the restaurants) for the next 2 days were terribly slow and unfriendly.

On the positive side, however, the outdoor pool, marina, tennis courts and activities staff are great. We loved the "Sweet Shoppe" and other on-site amenitites.

The bottom line is that I REALLY like this place and want to see it succeed as a first rate destination resort in the beautiful Ozark Mountains. I love the facilities, the marina, the scenery and the idea. Unfortunately, it's the little things that are getting in the way right now. We will keep trying it out from time to time and I am really hoping to be able to eventually give it my whole-hearted recommendation.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
chateauonthelake, Vice President & General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2009

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your most recent stay. It is feedback such as yours that allows us the opportunity to reflect and make improvements where possible. Consistency in service is something we strive for each and everyday for it is indeed the little things that are so important. Those areas where we may have not met or exceeded your expectations will be reviewed and appropriate action taken.
Please accept our apologies where our service levels may have failed you.

Reviewed 30 May 2009

From the beginning to the very end, it was a trip like no other. Everyone made you feel like you were in a fairy tale! Ladies young and old you deserve this ~ and men near and far listen up. If you ever wanted to give the most awesome gift in the world a spa weekend at this resort would do it! We are still talking about it! The rooms are wonderful in every single way. The experience is one of a kind. The spa and the ladies oh may goodness words can not begin to tell you what it's like. I'm telling you - that you deserve a weekend stay at the Chateau on the Lake. You are made to feel so welcome, so cared for and special in everyway. It's like going on a cruise and never leaving the dock! I took my daughter, my sister and my wonderful mother here for a once in a life time Mothers day event and we have been wanting to return ever since!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
chateauonthelake, Vice President & General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2009

Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review about your most recent stay at the Chateau. We always enjoy hearing from our guest for it is feedback such as yours that allows us the opportunity to measure our performance by.
I am very pleased to know that the services that you and your family received while our guests met with your expectations and especially at our Spa Chateau. I will be sure to share your comments with all concerned.
Your patronage is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Chateau in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 26 May 2009

My wife and I, along with our 18-month old and 2-month old son, stayed at Chateau on the Lake for my parents' 50th anniversary, along with 19 other members of our family. Our room was beautifully kept, and very neatly appointed. I cannot say enough about the housekeeping, bell staff, and concierge and front desk personnel. They were all very nice to us and very helpful throughout our stay as we struggled to keep up with our sons. Every need we had was met by the wonderful staff. We enjoyed the Memorial weekend barbecue and beautiful fireworks show. I cannot say enough about what a memorable experience they made it for us and our parents and family for their anniversary.

We also thought it was a nice, out of the way location, if you want to get away from all of the hustle and bustle of Branson. The only thing that was a bit much were the food prices in the hotel restaurants. Plenty of other options in Branson though to keep you happy. Overall a great stay and we'd definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family