“Possibly our favorite hotel in the World”

Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa
Ranked #16 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 8 December 2009

Always wonderful service in laid back luxury. I always bring the family and we get a suite overlooking the euro-style pool and Table Rock Lake. Sitting on the balcony with a glass of wine listening to jazz music flowing from the pool speakers puts you at ease like nothing else. We go at least once a year.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
chateauonthelake, Vice President & General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2009

Your review of our hotel is very much appreciated and so is your patronage. Thank you for kind words.
We look forward to welcoming you back and please know that you are always welcome to drop by my office or give me a call, for it would be my distinct pleasure to meet you all.

Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (2,703)

Reviewed 9 November 2009

Was always interested in staying here from my first glance from the middle of the lake on a house boat trip at Table Rock. It was indeed all I expected. Staff very nice, beautiful surroundings inside. Would be interested in a stay in the summer to take advantage of the outdoor facilities. Not enough time this trip to take in all the amenities, hopefully another time.

• Stayed: November 2009
chateauonthelake, Vice President & General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2009

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review following your most recent stay. It is always great to hear from our guests especially when the news is all good.
Your patronage is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Stephen Marshall
Vice President & General Manager.

Reviewed 12 October 2009

First off, I booked my reservation close the beginning of the year for a conference I was going to be in town for. I had procrastinated and didn't get the cheaper room I was aiming for, so I booked it for the next cheapest. About a week or two before I was to fly out to Branson, I called and asked if they had any cheaper rooms available. Come to find out, they did. It was a handicap room but that didn't matter. She told me I would lose my originally-booked lake view but I said that was all right. The lady was very informative, kind, professional, and helpful.

I was very impressed with the grounds of the resort. The views are magnificent. Inside the resort is just as impressive. My expectations were surpassed! I had read the previous reviews, but I wasn't prepared for that! From the little river/waterfall in the center of the lobby (with REAL FISH at the bottom) to the glass elevators. It was very nice. They have an indoor AND outdoor pool, a business center with two computers, a HUGE convention/conference area, and more to rave about. After I got settled in, I sent pictures to my family and friends to show them where I was staying.

The location of the resort was about 15-20 minutes from the church where my conference was. It was also a shorter distance to the 76 strip which is where a LOT of the attractions, theaters, and restaurants are. I like that the resort wasn't on the strip itself. I like the seclusion. Whoever chose that location deserves much kudos.

The room was fantastic as far as cleanliness goes. That's a huge deal to me. The housekeepers are very thorough. They are also very attentive and take the initiative, because I always put a towel down in front of the toilet, and by the third or fourth day, I came back into my room and found a rug there, LOL. It was nice. :-)

Service was great. From room service to the bellstaff constantly opening the doors for me, to check-in and check-out. I mainly kept to myself during my stay, but the little interaction I did have was very nice. I work in the hotel industry, so it was nice (and a little weird, lol) being on the receiving end of the treatment.

Value for the room was good as were the rooms themselves. I rated each of them four because the value for other things were pricey -- the spa, even the food. And the room didn't have a refrigerator. I worked around that though by filling my icebucket with ice and setting my juice in there, so it worked out.

For seven nights, I did spend a pretty penny, but it was all worth it, I feel. I plan to attend the same conference next year around the same time. I'll be looking at Chateau on the Lake again. :-)

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
chateauonthelake, Vice President & General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2009

Your review of our hotel is very much appreciated, especially with the great lengths you went to in your description of our facilities and the services you received as our guest. Thanking you for sharing with others and we certainly do look forward to welcoming you back to the Chateau next year.

Reviewed 9 October 2009

We really loved our stay at this hotel. The hotel is beautiful and nicely kept. The grounds are lovely. The room was extremely nice but the balcony is small. The view of the lake was fantastic. The thermostat really worked and well. We do wish it had a small refrig though. The staff was extremely nice without always being in your face. We did not use room service. Both restraurants were very good with excellent food though on the high side. They even had a tray of small desserts waiting for us since it was our 40th anniversery. It was a great weekend.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
chateauonthelake, Vice President & General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2009

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with other Trip Advisor members and guests following your most recent stay. It is feedback such as yours that is truly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Chateau in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 9 October 2009

this is my second trip to Branson, and I was intrigued with the Chateau 4 years ago. We were shuttled from the new airport to pick up our Hertz rental car tfrom the Chateau and the interior is lovely. So we saved a special evening to have dinner in the Restaurant. We were 1 of three tables dining on 9/24/09, so the wait staff were not rushed.
I ordered the salom-shrimp with Bernaise sauce. The other dinner was a filet of beef.
I was very dissapointed with my meal- the shrimp were over cooked indicated by the rubbery texture, not tender as proberly cooked shrimp are. The Bernaise was without a hint of tarragon, and the salmon was in my opinion overcooked.
When the DR manager came over to ask at the midpoint of the dinner how the meal was. I was kind and only expressed my displeasure of the lack of taste of the Bernaise, and he acknowledged that the difference between hollandase/bernaise is the tarragon. He said he would check with the "Chef". I was expecting some reply from him but did not see him. For the price of the meal it DID not set a standard I would expect from this level of restaurant. I could not recommend this restaurant for dinner.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

It was certainly disapppointing to learn that your dining experience at our Chateau Grille was not up to our usual high standards. Feedback from our guests are of paramount importance to us for it allows us the opportunity to address issues such as what you shared in your review. Please accept our apologies and we hope if your travels bring you to Branson in the future that we will be able to make it up to you.

Reviewed 8 October 2009

Our entire stay was very relaxing and well worth the money. We arrived at the New Branson airport and the Concierge met us there with complimentary transportation to the resort. Check in was easy and we were given a complimentary upgrade. The room was beautiful and large enough for a family of 4-5. We had lunch poolside, dinner at their restaurant and breakfast on the terrace. All of the staff was very accomodating. Food was delicious. In the evening we sat on the terrace and wen tto the Library for drinks.
Pool was nice. Spa treatments were nice. Would recommend to anyone who wants a day of relaxation.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple

First and foremost allow me the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay at the Chateau. It indeed was a pleasure for us to have you as our guest and your patronage is very much appreciated. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Chateau in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 28 September 2009

Truly enjoyed our stay..Staff very friendly and helpful. Housekeeping did a wonderful job.
I am spoiled by this experience.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
chateauonthelake, Vice President & General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2009

It indeed was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Chateau in the not too distant future.