“This was my first visit and it won't be my last!!!!”

Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa
Ranked #18 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Poplar Bluff, MO
“This was my first visit and it won't be my last!!!!”
Reviewed 21 December 2009

I had the best time! We ordered room service for practically every meal. Once we did our shopping, we were pooped! Curb service was excellent. Valet was great. This is the first time in a long time of traveling, that I can say everything was 100%. I booked with Hotels.com and saved a bundle. It was almost half price.

Thanks again for the wonderful service.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
chateauonthelake, Vice President & General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 December 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review following your most recent visit to the Chateau. I trust you were able to find the same type of deals while shopping in Branson as you did when booking your room reservation with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future and from all of us here at the Chateau, we wish you a very blessed Christmas.

Vice President & General Manager
Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
California
Reviewed 15 December 2009

I live here in branson, and had been searching for a NICE spa that would give me what I paid for. My husband and I finally decided despite the price (some 115$ for his deep tissue and 70$ on a special for me) that the Chateau sounded like the best. We were escorted to our personal locker rooms which had a steam room, and dry sauna, lounge and snacks. I didn't get to stay long since we had arrived just a few minutes before our appointment.

The masseuses were fantastic and very attentive to your needs. Warm towels, aroma therapy which was offered to me rather then my husband. The price also included full use of the indoor and outdoor hot tubs as well as access to room service, which was an additional charge.

Avocado fries are AMAZING!

Best part of this whole visit? We found out that they offer a local discount with ID. We'll be going back.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
chateauonthelake, Vice President & General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 December 2009
I am so pleased to learn that you and your husband enjoyed our Spa Chateau. I also truly appreciate that you took the time to write such a lovely review based upon your spa experience.

Hopefully now that you have discovered us, you will come back and visit us frequently. We ceratinly would like for you to do so and we will be here to welcome you and pamper you once again.

Missouri
Reviewed 14 December 2009

My biggest compliant with Chateau is we were placed on floor 3. My dad found partially eaten dog food on the carpet in his room. He, as all of us, were disgusted and immediately told the front desk who responded, "Of course, it's the dog floor." Like we should have known. We didn't say were were traveling with pets, why would they put us on a disgusting floor? Also, there is still no excuse for not properly cleaning the room after the last person stayed with their dog. For being a hotel of this caliber it seriously makes me question the cleanliness regarding things that are not immediately noticeable. Did they comp us? No. They moved us to a different floor. I think they should comp us a stay at least for the rudeness. Note to Chateau PR, don't post a canned reply saying your sorry. I think hotels should put up or shut up if you actually care. That's the business. When you screw up you drown the customer in freebies to ensure they return again and again. More than half of the hotel was empty. Otherwise it's a beautiful building.

This is a nice hotel in an area not none for upscale accommodations. Quite a ways from the action of the strip and the landing. I would choose to avoid the traffic on the strip anyway, but that is necessary evil of Branson because no one in that part of the world has studied civil engineering and infrastructure.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Dear Nwash:

I can assure you none of my responses to any review is canned in nature. All feedback from our guests whether negative or positive are taken very seriously and followed up on. I would be a fool to do otherwise.

There certainly is no excuse for "rudeness" and all of our associates know that I or any of our management team frown upon this type of behavior. As a matter of fact it can lead to termination.

Having said this, I extend my apologies for our shortcomings during your most recent stay. Please do not take this as an excuse however I would like to think that this was an isolated incident as we do pride ourselves in not only providing excellence in service but also in an environment of cleanliness.

Please know that if you would like to discuss this issue further your call is always welcomed on our toll free line.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 8 December 2009

Always wonderful service in laid back luxury. I always bring the family and we get a suite overlooking the euro-style pool and Table Rock Lake. Sitting on the balcony with a glass of wine listening to jazz music flowing from the pool speakers puts you at ease like nothing else. We go at least once a year.

Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
chateauonthelake, Vice President & General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 December 2009
Your review of our hotel is very much appreciated and so is your patronage. Thank you for kind words.
We look forward to welcoming you back and please know that you are always welcome to drop by my office or give me a call, for it would be my distinct pleasure to meet you all.

Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa
KS
Reviewed 9 November 2009

Was always interested in staying here from my first glance from the middle of the lake on a house boat trip at Table Rock. It was indeed all I expected. Staff very nice, beautiful surroundings inside. Would be interested in a stay in the summer to take advantage of the outdoor facilities. Not enough time this trip to take in all the amenities, hopefully another time.

• Stayed November 2009
chateauonthelake, Vice President & General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 November 2009
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review following your most recent stay. It is always great to hear from our guests especially when the news is all good.
Your patronage is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Stephen Marshall
Vice President & General Manager.
Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 October 2009

First off, I booked my reservation close the beginning of the year for a conference I was going to be in town for. I had procrastinated and didn't get the cheaper room I was aiming for, so I booked it for the next cheapest. About a week or two before I was to fly out to Branson, I called and asked if they had any cheaper rooms available. Come to find out, they did. It was a handicap room but that didn't matter. She told me I would lose my originally-booked lake view but I said that was all right. The lady was very informative, kind, professional, and helpful.

I was very impressed with the grounds of the resort. The views are magnificent. Inside the resort is just as impressive. My expectations were surpassed! I had read the previous reviews, but I wasn't prepared for that! From the little river/waterfall in the center of the lobby (with REAL FISH at the bottom) to the glass elevators. It was very nice. They have an indoor AND outdoor pool, a business center with two computers, a HUGE convention/conference area, and more to rave about. After I got settled in, I sent pictures to my family and friends to show them where I was staying.

The location of the resort was about 15-20 minutes from the church where my conference was. It was also a shorter distance to the 76 strip which is where a LOT of the attractions, theaters, and restaurants are. I like that the resort wasn't on the strip itself. I like the seclusion. Whoever chose that location deserves much kudos.

The room was fantastic as far as cleanliness goes. That's a huge deal to me. The housekeepers are very thorough. They are also very attentive and take the initiative, because I always put a towel down in front of the toilet, and by the third or fourth day, I came back into my room and found a rug there, LOL. It was nice. :-)

Service was great. From room service to the bellstaff constantly opening the doors for me, to check-in and check-out. I mainly kept to myself during my stay, but the little interaction I did have was very nice. I work in the hotel industry, so it was nice (and a little weird, lol) being on the receiving end of the treatment.

Value for the room was good as were the rooms themselves. I rated each of them four because the value for other things were pricey -- the spa, even the food. And the room didn't have a refrigerator. I worked around that though by filling my icebucket with ice and setting my juice in there, so it worked out.

For seven nights, I did spend a pretty penny, but it was all worth it, I feel. I plan to attend the same conference next year around the same time. I'll be looking at Chateau on the Lake again. :-)

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
chateauonthelake, Vice President & General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 October 2009
Your review of our hotel is very much appreciated, especially with the great lengths you went to in your description of our facilities and the services you received as our guest. Thanking you for sharing with others and we certainly do look forward to welcoming you back to the Chateau next year.

Chateau on the Lake
Granbury
Reviewed 9 October 2009

We really loved our stay at this hotel. The hotel is beautiful and nicely kept. The grounds are lovely. The room was extremely nice but the balcony is small. The view of the lake was fantastic. The thermostat really worked and well. We do wish it had a small refrig though. The staff was extremely nice without always being in your face. We did not use room service. Both restraurants were very good with excellent food though on the high side. They even had a tray of small desserts waiting for us since it was our 40th anniversery. It was a great weekend.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
chateauonthelake, Vice President & General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 12 October 2009
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with other Trip Advisor members and guests following your most recent stay. It is feedback such as yours that is truly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Chateau in the not too distant future.

Chateau on the Lake