From the outside, the Chateau is quite lovely. Once inside, things change. The lobby and public areas are beginning to show their age. We stayed in 2 different rooms and each was just short of being shabby. Furnishings were worn, bathrooms were not quite clean, shower curtains were mildewed, caulk was missing around tubs and, surprise, there are no exhaust fans in the bathrooms, making for very humid conditions after a shower. During a rainstorm, the french doors leaked a significant amount of water into the rooms. Additionally, the skylights in the 10-story atrium leaked and first floor ceilings also were leaking.
Service was, at best, spotty. People at the front desk seemed to be disinterested. The manager was surprised to hear that our bathrooms had no exhaust fans and said that all bathrooms had exhausts. After checking with a dozen other guests, we learned that none of the rooms had exhaust fans. Prices in the restaurants were high and service was slow. It took 10 minutes to get a cup of coffeein the "Sweet Shop"--there were only two people ahead of me the person at the counter seemed overwhelmed.
The Chateau may be a 4 or 5 star hotel by Branson standards, but not by mine. Overall, the experience was little better than staying in a cut-rate, chain motel.
Edit - Delete
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chateau on the Lake Resort and Spa,Branson's only AAA Four Diamond resort and spa. Nestled in the Ozark Mountains over-looking the pristine waters of Table Rock Lake, yet only a short distance from nearby theaters, shopping, attractions and golf courses. One of the features of the resort is its 10 story atrium lobby complete with cascading waterfalls,lush plants and foliage. All guestrooms have hand finished textures walls in warm tones, comfortable Perfect Sleeper mattresses, down comforters, 37" flat screen TVs, Wi-Fi. Most of our guestrooms have balconies with lakefront, lakeview or moutain view exposure. Our award winning restaurant the Chateau Grille, has great food, great service and breath taking views of Table Rock Lake. Our #Sunday Brunch is Branson's best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau On The Lake Resort And Spa
- Chateau On The Lake Hotel Branson
- Chateau Lake