“rip-off”

Ranked #17 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 2 January 2011

This place is a rip-off. First, for the price one has to pay you would think that the shops INSIDE the hotel would be open for guests--well not one was open. Even though it was Sunday when we checked in--that should not matter, because the hotel is still doing business like accepting guests on a Sunday. Secondly, my stay was just for leisure and there is NO FREE INTERNET SERVICE in the rooms. I was told that I could go downstairs for free internet, but I don't think the hotel would have appreciated it if I were to drag along all the bed pillows and cushions that make me comfortable in the room--along with me. So I decided to have $10.00 for a 24hr period of internet service charged to my room--but wait it gets better, after I logged on my son tried to log his on and could not--YOU HAVE TO PAY $10 PER COMPUTER IN YOUR ROOM TO HAVE INTERNET. Shame on you. I usually avoid places that have NO FREE INTERNET and just assumed that this hotel would have it. This is the 21st century and places like Motel 6 do.

Stayed: January 2011
6  Thank funtime4
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2011

We all are certainly entitled to our opinions however I can say with authority, it has never been and will never be, our intention to knowingly "rip off" any of our guests and I am sorry that you feel the way you do for charging a nominal fee for in-room internet service. It is clearly noted in all of our guestrooms that we do charge for this service. I think one will find most major full service hotels and resorts do so. That has been our findings.
We also recognize that some of our guests are opposed to paying for this service and it is for this reason we have designated areas in our public areas with FREE Wi Fi and a Business Center equipped with desktop computers and printers for those in need of a computer also at NO CHARGE.

Please know that your patronage is valued and despite our not being able to meet your expectations if given the opportunity to be of service again, it certainly would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Chateau.

Reviewed 16 December 2010

I choose Chateau on the lake for my 10th wedding anniversary. I had read many of the reviews and felt confident that this was the hotel for us. All our expectations were met. Beautiful hotel with wonderful Christmas decor, clean rooms and friendly staff. I couldn't be happier to have spend four days at this wonderful hotel, and hope to go back next year.
K. Franklin Missouri

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am pleased to know that your stay was a pleasant one From all of the associates and management at the Chateau, Happy belated Anniversary and we look forward to being of service to you again in the not too distant future.

Sincereley,

Reviewed 15 November 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Chateau on this, our first trip to Branson. I really wanted this trip to be special, so I picked the Chateau out of the many choices available because it looked like a beautiful place to stay that was away from the traffic yet within a short drive away the from shows and restaurants in Branson. I chose a lakefront room to have the best view available.

The Chateau was the perfect choice for our Branson getaway. This majestic hotel is perfectly located on a hilltop that overlooks a beautiful, pristine lake. The hotel was decorated for Christmas and featured several gingerbread houses that were delightful. A manger scene was situated at the head of a beautiful indoor waterfall. A whimsical Santa was found climbing down a rope from the 10 story atrium.

What a wonderful, delightful experience we had while staying at the Chateau! Upon first driving up to the Chateau, we found the bell staff to be very helpful and friendly. When we checked in, we were initially offered a room on the 3rd floor. I had previously read that the 3rd floor was where pets were allowed. My wife is allergic to cats, so I asked for a different room. A short time later, we were given a room on the 8th floor. I don’t travel that much, but I thought the room was absolutely perfect. It had a balcony with 2 chairs so that we could sit and enjoy a magnificent view of the lake. The king sized bed was absolutely comfortable. There were 2 sink areas: one in the bedroom, which my wife used as a dressing area, and one in the bathroom. Both sink areas were long and roomy. The room and the hotel were not only clean, but amazingly spotless.

The staff truly went way out their way to be helpful and friendly. We ate 2 meals at the Chateau. We ate dinner at the Chateau Grille and breakfast at the Atrium Café. For dinner at the Grille, I had the Texas fried steak, which was served hot and tasty. In both instances, we had a delightful waitress by the name of Amber. While ordering breakfast at the Atrium Café, my wife was really in the mood for hot chocolate. However, she has lactose intolerance and would be unable to consume the hot chocolate that was on the menu. When we mentioned this to Amber, she went way out of her way and found soy milk and had the hot chocolate made for my wife that she could enjoy. Amber’s demeanor was so sweet and friendly; she made an impression on us that we will not forget.

Yvonne at the Concierge desk was also very friendly and helpful. We had some time available for a show and she was able to print up a list of shows that were still available, even though it was getting close to the last minute. She called for us and made reservations for the show, which was so nice.

After our delightful experience, I would unequivocally recommend the Chateau for your stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2010

Your kind words about your most recent stay is very much appreciated along with your patronage. It was our pleasure having you as our guest and being of service. We look forward to your return visit to Branson hopefully in the not too distant future for we will be here ready and waiting to welcome you back.

Reviewed 13 November 2010

My husband and I stayed at Chateau on the Lake Resort while we were in Branson for the Lifeway Festival of Marriage conference!
The conference was held there at the resort. It was an AMAZING conference!
THe rooms were amazing! This was like one of the resorts that we've stayed at in either Mexico or the Carribean.
The beds were very comfortable! Rooms were clean! The service was OUTSTANDING! The front counter service was good but the housekeepers were exceptionally friendly and went out of their way to make us feel welcome.
I LOVED how they the resort had everything all decorated for Christmas!
The view from our room was AMAZING! THe resort was overlooking the lake on one side and overlooking Ozark Mountains on the other side. In the morning when we woke up there was fog/steam coming off the lake and then the sunrise - one of the most beautiful sunrises I've EVER seen! It's fall too so the colors of the trees in the Ozark Mountains made the scenery gorgeous!
Can't wait to go back next year!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2010

We always appreciate when our guests take the time to share with others their Chateau experience, especially when we have been able to meet if not exceed their expectations. Fall in the Ozarks can be a very special time and I am so glad that you were able to experience it.
We look forward to welcoming you back next year, as we will be ready and waiting for your arrival.

Reviewed 12 November 2010

We spent three nights in a Lakefront Ambassador King room – a one bedroom suite. The Suite was well sized except for the bathroom, which for the class of hotel was one of the smallest hotel bathrooms I have seen – more akin to a budget property. There was only one sink, no makeup area for my wife and no seperate lavatory. The lake view was there but from the balcony any view to the left was blocked by an abutting wall – not at all the broad expansive view that one would have expected. On the other hand, all the staff were extremely helpful - especially in the Library Lounge where we ate a late supper at the bar on most nights and the food was good. Service in the Sweet Shoppe for breakfast to go was unbelievably slow and disorganized. Valet parking at $14 is no bargain. On balance, the hotel accommodations were not of the standard we anticipated nor, for the Midwest, matching the price we paid.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 22club58
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your most recent stay. Those concerns such as the challenges one had in our Sweet Shoppe at breakfast can and will be easly fixed. However those to do with the physical attributes of our accommodations unfortunately such as the one you stayed in cannot, which I know you realize.
As a matter of informational purposes only, we do have other types of accommodations with panoramic views of the lake and with separate vanity areas complete with make-up mirrors suitably desinged with the ladies in mind.
It certainly is our intentions to provide a level of service and product in keeping with our guest expectations which weare sorrry we were unable to do on this occasion. Hopefully this will not become a deterring factor in your patroange of the Chateau on future visits to Branson.

VP & General Manager

Reviewed 5 November 2010

This hotel is beautiful. The hotel staff bend over backwards to meet your every need. Would highly recommend for a business conference.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2010

Thanks for taking the time to write a review it is very much appreciated. Pleased to learn that your stay was a pleasant one and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Chateau in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 16 October 2010

My husand and I decided to splurge and spent our 23 anniversary at Chateau on the Lake, We checked in on a Saturday afternoon and stayed 2 nights. We arrived at approx. 430 and our room wasn't ready, they offered coupons for the Sweet Shoppe and said they would come get us when it was ready. We where in our room less than 10 minutes later. The hotel gave us a fridge for our room at no cost which I was surprised that a hotel that charges what they do the fridge isn't standard. The doormen where very friendly and helpful along with the checkin clerk. The hotel itself is beautiful. We rode our motorcycle down and the doormen where extremely helpful taking our luggage up so we could park the bike since valet wasn't an option. We walked into our room and we where both pleased, we where on the 7th floor with a baloncy that had a view of the lake, beautiful. Room was very spacious and nicely decorated. The bathroom very large and well appointed. We decided to visit the Library Lounge and once again the view is spectacular. Service and drinks both good. Something to remember if you would like a taxi plan 1-2 hours wait The first evening we ate decided to eat at the hotel and decided to go with the fine dining option, they only had approx. 6 tables full and service just wasn't very good, while the waiter was friendly service was very slow, water and ice tea where not refilled without a request. The food was good but not something I would probably go back for. Sunday we got a late start on the day, the bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get out of it, but we did leave the hotel at about 10 30 in the morning for sight seeing. When we came back to the hotel we decided we would have a drink at the lounge and watch the sunset, much to our surprise the Lounge was closed with a sign saying the Atrium Bar was open, we walked over there and discovered another couple that had been waiting for over 20 minutes and had seen no one. Finally a girl came up and said maybe I can help you but I'm not a bartendar, the first drink that was order she couldn't make so she went in search of a bartendar, instead the chef came and attempted to make drinks. We decided at that point we would dress for dinner and head back to town. When arriving back to the hotel we though we would utilize the 24 hour indoor pool, this was the second surprise the pool closes at 10 pm on Sunday once again a little disappointed that the amenities advertised were not available. Chateau on the Lake is a beautiful property that has a lot of potentional, while most expectations where meet some aspects of service where definatley lacking. I don't mind paying more but what like to recieve the services advertised. I would probably go back for a special occasion but would not make this a normal stop, things just where not consistant enough,

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

My apologies for the shoddy beverage service you received at our Atrium Cafe & Wine Bar, I can assure this is certainly not in keeping with our own standards. Your comments will be shared with the respective managers who are responsible for that department.. Feedback from our guests such as yours is always welcome for it allows us to recognize our shortcomings and to take corrective measures.
Your patronage is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Chateau in the not distant future.

Stephen Marshall
Vice President & General Manager.