My family and I were EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED with the Still Waters Resort in Branson, MO. We had traveled from Florida for a family reunion, and we chose this resort based on reviews in Trip Advisor and the hotel web site. We booked a 2 bedroom condo with a pool view for 7 nights at a hefty price.
Things started off bad as our room wasnot ready when we checked in, infact we walked in on the cleaning girls who said they were almost finished. We returnedan hour later to a dirty room....GROSS!!! I called the manager and they said they could come back the next day and finish cleaning. The entire unit was old, dirty, and uncomfortable. Then we found the bugs...which were everywhere. So they sent down bug spray. I wanted to leave after one night, but they resort was full, and several other hotels we tried we full. Our reunion wasn't until Saturday, so I felt stuck.
Bad as the accomodations were, things got worse. We spent Monday at the lake which was high due to the midwest flooding. I asked at the desk, is the water safe to swim in? I was told that the water was safe, but it wasn't. My daughter and I ended up with rashes all over our bodies caused by microscopic snails that were in the water due to the flooding. We b oth hstill have spots nearly 3 weeks later!! I had to find this out from my dermatologist when we returned home. Every person in my family got sick...vomiting and the like, and I think it was from the lake. In addition, my daughter got a middle ear infection my pediatrician noted probably came from the lake water as well.
So, DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recommended by Better Homes & Gardens, Still Waters is your "complete destination resort" on beautiful Tablerock Lake. Just 2 miles from Silver Dollar City and close to all of Branson's shows. The resort features 1-4 bedroom deluxe condos, cottages and suites as well as 3 outdoor pools, hot tubs, kiddie pools and the New "Zume the Flume," a water slide adventure. Our new marina offers boat rentals, jet skis, bass boats and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Still Waters Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Still Waters Hotel Branson
- Still Water Condominium Resort