“Very nice family oriented resort”

Still Waters Resort
Ranked #31 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Chicago
“Very nice family oriented resort”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We spent Memorial Day weekend at Still Waters Resort. This was our first visit to the Branson, MO area. We very much enjoyed our stay and the helpful insight offered by Johnny Willis a resort concierge who made an appointment with us prior to our visit. We were concerned when he first called that this was some type of timeshare sales pitch but it was not. He explained the areas of the resort, the areas around Table Rock Lake, and suggestions in Branson for our stated tastes.

Our room was newly remodeled and we could not have asked for a better location. We brought our boat along and our room offered easy access to the A,B, & C docks. The docks are in great shape and well maintained. The room did not have a lot of cooking items in the kitchen cabinets so I suggest you bring things if cooking is in your plans. There is a nearby (3 miles) grocery stores to pick up food items. Each room in our area of the resort had outside patios. We did have an issue with plumbing when we arrived but within minutes the maintenance man arrived and fixed the problem.

The resort has multiple pools and a small store and sandwich shop. The food at the shop was surprisingly good. This resort is family oriented and we never heard any loud parties or noise, it was very relaxing.

You may be asking since I am so positive why didn't I give it the highest rating? The reason I did not, and it may be our own ignorance to private resorts, is some things were expected of us. First off there is not daily housekeeping. Our unit had a washer and dryer so we could do our own laundry but that is not the intent of my weekend vacation. We were told that we could request housekeeping at any time during our stay. The other issue I had is at the end of our stay we had to collect all our garbage, not that there was much, and take it our to a nearby dumpster. Like I said before, these two issue may be common at private resorts and we just didn't know to expect these issues.

In our next visit to Branson I see us again staying at this resort.

Room Tip: The check-in office is a block from the resort on the main road. You come quickly upon it coming ove...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bob A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Oklahoma
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the 2bd standard condo. It definitely exeeded my expectations. The amenities are wonderful. We rented a boat from the marina and had a great time here. There are 3 pools one with a water slide, one is like a Caribbean oasis with a water fall a huge hot tub an cross bridge. The other is a nice standard pool. Each has a kiddie pool. There is also a game room. Free bike rentals. Free kayak and paddle boat rentals. Great place with lots to do free of charge.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Took a long weekend with the family to visit Silver Dollar City and Branson, MO. We rented a one bedroom condo for a two night stay. The resort is conveniently located near SDC and the space that the condo provided for our family of 4 was perfect. I also liked having access to a kitchen which helped us save money by cooking our own breakfast.

Our kids loved the free paddle boats and kayaks and they also enjoyed the pools (although we were there in early May and the water was pretty cool for swimming). Given the time we were there the resort was not super busy (early May and a Sunday/Monday stay) but I imagine it could be packed during the summer and could be a zoo.

I definitely recommend the resort.

Yamhill, Oregon
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We just spent 3 wonderful days at the Stillwater Resort in Branson Mo. We stayed in a one bedroom condo, complete with kitchen and a lakefront view. The room was immaculate when we arrived and the qualities of interior finishes were 5 stars. Check in was seamless, the whole process took less than 5 minutes. The resort is on the lake with boat, Jet Ski and party boat rentals. There are 3 on-site swimming pools, a little small for the size of the resort but with the lake out front not a big distraction. We would definitely stay here again. The one complaint I have is that the resort has a policy of assigning each guest (at least we had one) a personal concierge. Our concierge called me before we arrived and explained he could help us with any reservations we needed, which I thought was a great idea. What a joke, when he showed up his main goal was to get us to attend a meeting so the resort could explain the benefits of some kind of condo sharing that to me sounded a lot like a time share sales pitch. I told him 4 times I wasn't interested before he left, for that I’m disappointed in the resort. His last words as he left was if I came to the reservations center the next morning he would take $125 off a boat rental. Very distasteful and I hope they stop this deceptive practice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank harpergd
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We have had our family reunion here for several years now! There is lots of different size rooms for everyone. The campus has tons of space for gatherings. The pools are fun and clean!! We enjoy it a lot. I want to try the free kayaks next time!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
USA
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We booked the room through Expedia, and got a great rate. The resorts web sight also has specials. The one bedroom condo was great for the 4 of us. Only thing I would do different next time, is get the two bedroom. The one bathroom was in the bedroom, so everyone had to come through the bedroom. Kayaks, and paddleboats were free to use. They also rent boats for the day. We had a great experience. Everyone was very helpful, and the resort was clean and well maintained.

1 Thank RaeleneUsa
Nebraska, the good life
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed here for several nights. The location for this place is pretty good, it is easy to find and pretty nice! The condo we stayed in looked like it had been newly renovated and was very nice. The people who run the resort are also very nice and try to accommodate. It was rainy during our stay, so we were not able to take advantage of the lake/water activities, which is unfortunate because it looked like a lot of fun. There didn't appear to be a beach, just boat docks/rentals and then the pools, and a nice playground for the kiddos. The store served pizza which I am told was good. (I am gluten-free.) People running the store are friendly. The store could use a few more supplies, and an ice cream machine! :)

The condos are nice, but our condo had a few nasty hairs on the bathroom floor, and there were a few toenail clippings on the carpet in the living room. But I would say for the most part, was pretty clean. One of my major complaints was that the people below us made it impossible for us to enjoy our balcony because of their cigarette smoking outside as the smoke and odor whiffed up from the patio below us. My son and I both have asthma and it made us not feel well. We also had an issue with someone ringing our doorbell late at night and then running away--"doorbell ditching" is what I think it is called. We had sleeping babies, so this was quite annoying to say the least.

The kitchen area is nicely supplied with dishes and soap for the dishwasher, but could use some paper supplies and more kitchen towels and cloths. There are charcoal grills to use scattered around the facility as well as picnic tables. It would be nice if there were some fire pits to use to make a campfire.

I also wouldn't want to pay full price for this facility, as it is nice, but it isn't THAT nice.

All in all, we were pretty pleased with this facility, and the good outweighed the bad. I would have probably given it an excellent rating were it not for the issues aforementioned.