“Family Reunion, year after year”

Still Waters Resort
Ranked #35 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My sisters and I have rented 3 - 3 bedroom condo's at Still Waters going on 10 years. Obviously we love coming here. Brenda, Reception Area, and Solomon, our Concierge, were top-notch. The accommodations are spacious and there's various water activities available for the youngsters. Some of the men motorcycle the twisty roads and some golf. The rest of us don't want to leave the resort area. We've already booked our 2015 reunion.

1  Thank Jannie39
Write a ReviewReviews (1,086)

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was our third visit to Still Waters Resorts, and may or may not be our last. Previous years has been met with nice rooms and a relaxed atmosphere.

This time, however, we were pressured into a time-share pitch (under the guise of a "Concierge Service"), negating one of the things we liked about SW.

The room was clean, but we were on the ground floor so the room had many flies (not unreasonable for a wooded resort). Fortunately my wife is the anti-fly whisperer and took care of the problem.

We also had several other minor issues, missing bedding, running out of toilet paper, running out of hand soap, broken can opener, and missing utensils. These are all minor nits to pick, but they add up.

One last issue, the advertised wi-fi did not work in our room. Not that we needed or wanted to be connected on vacation, but there were a number of times we would have liked to look up reviews, directions, or recommended activities, and we couldn't.

On the plus side the pools are still nice, and the pizza at the market is better than ever.

The bottom line for us is - if we are going to have to deal with high pressure sales tactics, it needs better be a near perfect experience, and Still Waters doesn't quite live up to that standard.

3  Thank cadred
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Upon checking in, the staff was completely put out by us bothering her to get our room and ask any questions. The next day my daughter and I had some questions and that lady at the desk acted like we were crazy for even asking any questions. When we went to the marina to use paddle boats and kayaks, we went into the marina and no one asked us if we needed help. I told one of the young staff what we wanted to do, and his response was, "Ya, go get what you want." Ummmm, thanks for the help. My daughter and I had never used those items before. No checking on our life jackets or helping to unlock the paddle boats or if we knew what we were doing or nothing. Pitiful. No service whatsoever. We will not be back.

Room Tip: Spend your money somewhere else.
4  Thank Karla B
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I've never written a review before, but we loved Still Waters so much I had to. If you want to do the Branson scene, especially in the summer, this place is perfect. It's NOT on the strip, so there's no crazy traffic or noise. It is still very close to whatever you want to do and literally down the road from Silver Dollar City. The amenities are unbelievable and the place is clean and well maintained. The pictures on their website are accurate; it really is that nice. We stayed in a 2 bedroom luxury lakefront in early June. Our family of 8 was perfectly comfortable. We WILL be going back. Hope to see you there!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank MusicalMomToMany
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I don't do reviews but had to comment on how NICE, CLEAN, convenient and affordable this resort was. So sad to leave, but DEFINITELY returning next year! My family of five (kids aged 6, 12, 13) have zero complaints. We stayed in a two bedroom condo and feel that they thought of everything to make the stay comfortable. And we had PLENTY of room! Loved it all!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Mestelle1120
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I brought my grand kids --ages 10 to 13 --and ithey had so much fun catching fish and small turtles on the dock, canoeing, and swimming in the lake! They also swam in 2 of the 3 pools at the resort, and played on the large playground, and basketball court. All included free with your stay! We never found the time to borrow the bicycles, but they looked nice!
We were first given a room in building "F" but it was on the 3rd floor with no elevator. I just recently sprained my knee, and almost didn't make it up..when I called the office, they were so helpful and helped us move to another room in building "G" which has an elevator! Both rooms were very nice and clean and nicely furnished! This area is so nice if you are there to visit Silver Dollar City! So close, and you don't have to fight the Branson traffic!!! We bought some quick-fix foods in Branson West to put in the fridge, and didn't even eat out but once in three days! There is a small fridge, toaster, and microwave in the rooms. The bigger rooms have full size fridges with ice makers!
Hint: if you're staying in the smaller rooms, you'll need ice--there isn't ice machines in the huildings. There is a small market on site, but I didn't go in there.

Room Tip: If you have problems with stairs, ask if there is an elevator when you book your room! I really lik...
2  Thank mncb
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I had fun and stayed busy all weekend enjoying all the things there is to do! Best part is most of it is free!! Its a beautiful location and perfect for a weekend get away or a week on the lake. All the extras they offer make this place perfect for a family vacation that doesnt require fighting the Branson traffic!I have stayed here 3 times now and plan on returning!!

• Stayed: May 2014