“away from the busy part of branson” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Still Waters Resort

Still Waters Resort
Ranked #26 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Little Rock
“away from the busy part of branson”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2008

My husband and I went to Branson on our 10 year anniversary. This was our first time staying here. We were in building G just in a double queen room. The place was very nice and smelled clean. Beautiful view of the lake and would have been better if it was in the middle of summer so you could do the water activities they offer. That is all the good - Now for the not - so - good... In our room there was only vertical blinds no drapes to pull therefore at night there are porch lights everywhere up and down the walkways making it very light in the rooms. The beds were not at all comfy. At the time we were there the weather started cooling off and we needed extra blankets - in the closet there was 2 extra but they reaked of ciggarette smoke! But a call to the front desk and they sent us a new one. Last negative thing is they do not have maid service if you need more towels you have to take your dirty ones to the laundry and get more there.

• Liked — It was located on the lake and pretty quiet
  • Disliked — only about 5 or 6 channelson tv - and no room service
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Olathe, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2008

I stayed at the Stillwaters resort for 3 nights. Although it is a decent place, it was not without it's problems.

Checkin -- When we arrived an check-in, there was about a 5 minute wait. Check-in went very smooth though the sheet I was shown at check-in showed I owed $460, whereas my confirmation letter which I left at home said $434. Keep in mind that I booked directly with the hotels website, not a third party site like Expedia. This started a running theme for this resort which is don't believe your confirmation. When I arrived at my room, in building L an older building, I called to the front desk to ask them about the Room location because I was supposed to be in I, J, or K one of the new buildings and also to inquire about the price difference. The person on the other end said it should be $445, so less than front desk told me, but more than confirmation said. When I inquired about the room difference they said they had no record of me reserving a new room and there was nothing they could do. Please keep in mind that when I arrived home I checked my confirmation and it says right on it I, J, or K.

Room -- The rooms are dated and overall not very nice. They are clean, but they have the feel of a cheaply made condo. You could hear every step the people above us took, and many of their conversations. There was a small 25" t.v. in the living room, which was very roomy. The kitchen had all of the necessary things you would expect and worked well for anyone needing to cook. The pillows were rediculously small and the beds were pretty hard. The master bathroom was very large and had a whirlpool tub and was nice. When used though, debris came out of the jets of the tub that looked like crumbled leaves?? There was a separate shower as well which performed nicely. The master bedroom was a decent size with a small t.v. The other bedroom was a nice size with 2 queens as well and had a mini fridge and small bathroom. The patio was a very nice size and very relazing. There was a Bee problem near ours though so if you have a problem with bee's you might be on the lookout. Overall the rooms were o.k., but needed a few touches like larger t.v.'s new beds and pillows and an overall updated look. The rooms also had an apartment size washer and dryer.

Grounds -- The property has many things to do like paddle boats, 2 pools and a very large hot-tub, however I do take issue with them calling themselves a resort. In my mind a resort has several things that this property didn't have. First of all House Keeping. They do not clean your room when you are there. They wait until you leave. If you want new towels, you have to wash them in the washer/dryer or go get new ones. from some little building that they said was manned from 9-2. Also, I believe a resort needs to have 24 employees. I can't say for sure they didn't, but if they did they were harder to find then Waldo. A resort should have a resturaunt to eat at. They had a little building that sold snacks and salads, but no resturaunt that I saw. I know now I'm being nitpicky, however a "resort" should also have a bellman and room service. By their definition of resort, you could end up with a "Motel 6 resort" or a "Super 8 resort". It is a property with several condo buildings, a maring, 2 pools and a gift shop. That is it. Definitely not a resort.

I know my review has an overall negative vibe to it, but with all it's flaws, it is not a bad place to stay. If you have children, I would definitely recommend it. The rooms are clean, but definitely nothing fancy. It won't be my place to stay at next time, but for the right person I'm sure they would be happy here.

• Liked — Large Rooms
  • Disliked — Not getting reserved room, being charged more
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank joshua b
Greenwood, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2008

We just got back from a wonderful stay at the Still Waters Resort in Branson. We spent 2 nights and would have liked to stay longer. We booked a 1 bedroom condo with a king bed thru Expedia. The condo was obviously new (building J) and looked exactly like the photos on the web site. There was a separate bedroom with king size bed and TV and a living area with a gas fireplace, large TV, DVD player, couch and chair and a pull down bed. It had a full kitchen with fridge, oven, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, coffee pot, table and chairs and even a washer and dryer. The kitchen was well-stocked with dishes, flatware, etc. The bathroom was nice and had a large whirlpool tub. It also had a balcony with table and chairs overlooking the lake. It was very clean and decorated nicely. There were also several large stainless steel propane grills available to anyone wanting to use them. There was also a TV in the bedroom. For $77 a night it was a steal!

The resort itself was great also and one day we spent nearly the whole day there. There were kayaks and paddleboats that you could check out for free to use on the lake which we did and had a great time. Also free fishing poles the kids could use on the dock. And bikes you could ride around the area with as well. There was also a nice playground and volleyball and basketball courts. But the best thing were the pools - one was closed but the other 2 were still open - a water slide pool and a tropical themed pool featuring a waterfall and grotto area and a huge freeform 20 person hottub - it was awesome! It was really a beautiful area with nice landscaping and beautiful rock work. There were lots of comfortable lounge chairs and even several platform beds to relax on. The water in the pools was freezing cold but of course our kids still had to play in it and they had a great time. We ate lunch at the marketplace which had things like sandwiches and burgers and which was pretty good. It would have been nice to have a restaurant onsite though.

Only problem we had was our smoke alarm kept beeping one morning but we called and they were prompt about sending someone up to replace it. And the only complaint I had was that the sheets were not very comfortable - pilly and pretty rough. The mattress and pillows were comfortable though. Our daughters slept on the murphy bed and said it was very comfortable too.

We definitely hope to stay here again on future trips to Branson and I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank mttee
st louis, mo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2008

The facilities and accomodation at this resort are great. We stayed in a 3 bedroom condo. It was spacious, very clean and appeared to be very new.
The pool is great for the kids but without heating they are a little cold?! That only seemed to upset the adults though.
I would recommend building J as it has a view of the lake with no trees in the way.
The staff were helpful and friendly.
I will stay at this place again in the summer.

• Liked — the lift was repaired after a breakdown in 4 hours. The facilities are well cared for
  • Disliked — the unheated pool
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
sugar creek,mo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2008

We stayed here as a last resort to having to be on the strip. We loved it. The room was great -poolside studio. Plenty of towels which always seem to be in short supply. 3 pools to choose from which was nice as we have 3 younger kids. Rented a pontoon and spent time on the lake with only making a short drive to the marina entrance. Beautiful views, nice and courteous staff, loved the bayside market. Would recommend this place to anyone!!
Thanks for making our stay great!

Stayed July 2008
Fond du Lac, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2008

While attending our 9th family reunion at Stillwaters Resort on beautiful Table Rock Lake, my husband had a medical emergency that required hospitalization well after the reunion ended. Also, another couple experienced a vehicle problem which meant they too had to remain in the area. The staff at Stillwaters was just great in every aspect along with finding us continued lodging at the resort even though they were really booked over the weekend. Obviously, we've enjoyed this resort & Table Rock Lake in the past as we've returned every 2 years, but now I have a true appreciation for the staff and the concern they have for their vacationers. We highly recommend this resort to young & old.

• Liked — Being on Table Rock Lake, having pools and feeling safe & comfortable at the resort.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank smgir
Grantville, KS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2008

We chose Still Waters for our 25th anniversary trip to Branson. We wanted to be on Indian Point, and wanted a condo. The 1BR lakefront condo was fairly new, clean, well laid out, with a nice size deck overlooking the lake. Staff were very friendly and helpful. They were mostly full by Saturday, when we left, with lots of families. If you enjoy pools or water sports, this is your place.

We thought it was noisier than other condo properties we've stayed at in the past, but that's probably because there were more families and children. We've never stayed at a condo that had daily maid service - most don't, so not sure why people expect it.

A good experience, and if you have a family or enjoy water sports, then you'd enjoy Still Waters. If you're looking for a peaceful, quiet stay, you might look elsewhere.

• Liked — clean, good condition, deck overlooking lake
  • Disliked — noise level
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple