“Awesome... the best ever”

Still Waters Resort
Ranked #32 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Iowa
“Awesome... the best ever”
Reviewed 31 August 2009

We were there with my brother and his family in June 2009 We are from California and I'm going to tell you we have Never been to such a wonderful resort, from the Condo,the confortable beds, plenty of space, the three pools, the game room, to the people on staff it was the BEST. My brother is lucky to own a timeshare at Stillwater. It surely the best in the Midwest. We are going to try and return in 2010. Looking forward to it. What a heavenly place.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Nebraska
Reviewed 16 August 2009

We stayed here because we thought it would be a great place where our 6 month old and 11 year old could have something to do. The pictures of the pool are not what the pool really looks like, much smaller. My baby loved the 0 entry pool, but not a whole lot to do for the 11 year old. The pool with the slide is not very big at all, neither is the 3rd pool. And, we went in the beginning of June and the water was FREEZING! If you are booking this place just for the pools, don't.

The room was really nice. We book the "hotel style" room and it was a lot nicer than I planned. However, we were given a joint room and the people next to us were very loud. The only down fall was no room service and we really needed that with a baby who is crawling. Having the floor vacuumed would have been nice, especially since we were there 4 days. We saw some of the larger rooms, and they looked great!

The location was nice if you didn't want to go downtown, however if you do, plan wisely. We didn't and it felt like we spent more time driving.

We are planning another trip there next year. Not really sure if we will stay here, but we might. I guess it depends if we go early in the summer or not!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2009

We took a family vacation to Branson. The first 2 nights we stayed in town and enjoyed are hotel very much. We spent the next 3 nights in Still Waters Resort and were dissappointed. The room wasn't as clean as I thought it should be for 299 dollars a night. The toilets didn't seem clean and so I lysoled them myself. There were a couple of dead flies in my husbands and my bathroom and there were ants. The beds were hard as a rock. All of my kids complained(13, 9 and 7) of the beds. I had called a couple of days after making my reservation to make sure that I was getting a renovated room. The gentlemen assured me that I was, however, by the cracks in the bathroom tiles and the cobwebs in the corners I knew that this wasn't one of them.
We did enjoy the marina with the jet ski and boat rentals.
I want to warn parents with little kids that there is no sand beach. The beach consists of little rocks and stepping into the water is dangerous- there are large flat rocks with jagged edges and you have to be careful! I recommend water shoes.
They advertise 3 pools. We drove by the one pool with the waterfalls and it is a lot smaller than the pictures make it seem. It isn't very deep either. 0 depth entry. Great for toddlers, but not for my kids who are excellent swimmers. The second pool had a great slide that we all enjoyed but the pool itself is tiny. We didn't look for the 3rd pool and so I can't comment on it.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Paris, TX
Reviewed 30 July 2009

Island oasis was beautiful and had a lifeguard on duty. The Zoom the Flume (water slide) was actually where the lifeguard was needed, but there was not one there. The condo was nothing special, but was comfortable, roomy and clean. The condo only provided 1 trash bag, 1 roll of toilet paper and 1 roll of paper towels per stay, so take extra depending on your length of stay. Take your own shampoo, soap, etc.. as well. The kitchen was very poorly equipped-not even potholders were in the kitchen. Free kayaks, free paddleboats. We had a ton of fun renting a boat one day.

St. Louis
Reviewed 29 July 2009

Ok, so Branson was not my first choice for a family vacation. However, we had a really busy summer and just wanted to get away for a long weekend with our 2 young children. After doing some research and checking reviews I finally decided to book a stay at Still Waters. I only booked a 3 night stay just in case I wasn't crazy about the place. Boy, was I kicking myself in the butt!! My kids cried because we had to leave. My 8 y/o was begging to stay. This place is AWESOME and we are already planning our trip for next year but next time we will stay the whole week instead of just a few days. There are so many things to do. Having the lake right there was a HUGE perk and my kids loved doing all the FREE, yes FREE, amentities they had available. I was a little nervous before we checked in b/c we had booked the cheapest room possible, the "hotel room." Well, let me just say that I have never stayed some place where the actual room looked better than the pictures on their site! I was really happy with our room and it was great for us. And by the way, check in was a breeze. We had called ahead to ask if we could swim in the pools prior to check in (since check in is 4pm) and they said that was no problem but then when we got there at 1pm, our room was ready and they let us check right in. It was great! And the hotel rooms are really close to everything. We were right across from the playground and two of the pools were just a few yards away. The walls are thin, so we did hear a lot of noise from other guests but nothing terrible and certainly nothing to complain about. We have a very loud two year old so I'm sure they heard us as well. We loved it and I have a hard to please hubby and even he can't wait to go back. The staff was super nice and everyone was very helpful. I could go on and on about this place! If you are deciding whether or not to book at Still Waters, DO IT...you will not be disappointed.

Colorado
Reviewed 28 July 2009

What a wonderful place to stay! The lake was beautiful, and my teenagers had the best time tubing (we rented a boat for the day), the free kayaks and paddle boats. Our condo was very nice, with a view of the marina. After seeing other rooms in other buildings, thought that Buildings I, J & K were the best. Didn't need to go into Branson at all, we were so pleased with where we were staying. Great for a family reunion.

Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 27 July 2009

We just returned from a great stay at Still Waters. We were a big family group of almost 20 and could not have been more pleased with it. It has the perfect location for us; close to Silver Dollar City and right on the lake. All of the free stuff to do kept the kids occupied for hours on end. I hate the strip in Branson, but if you like it, it isn't a long drive to get there, but you still get to stay somewhere with that more rural "lake" feeling. We rented a pontoon and were surprised how nice it was for a rental (bring your own life jackets though, if you intend to actually wear them. Theirs were STINKY). We had 2 three bedroom condos for 19 people, and didn't feel crowded. I brought along a colicky 8 week old and she didn't keep anyone up, and we didn't hear our neighbors either. My only complaints would be that there wasn't a corkscrew or bottle opener in our condo, and the stinky life jackets. Luckily we had brought some for the kids so it wasn't an actual issue for us, but it would have been very unpleasant to have to wear those. But for what we got, those are two VERY minor complaints! Anyone with little kids should be happy here and it's a great place for big groups too.