“Old Hotel”

Ranked #91 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Pocola, Oklahoma
“Old Hotel”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Recently spent a few days at this hotel using our reward nights, and while it wasn't horrible, I don't think I would stay again with all the other hotels available in Branson.
When we arrived we were not greeted, just received a blank stare from the lady working the desk, she was very cold and we felt like we were a bother instead of a guest, I'm guessing that is her personality from the different times we encountered her, there wasn't any change.
The hotel was ok clean but very outdated and worn, not what I would expect from a Residence Inn. If you want a quiet part of town and like dark and worn, this is your place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
ResidenceInn_13, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Branson, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us, we appreciate all comments about our hotel and staff. I would like to apologize that you stay was not up to your expectations. We are looking at renovation in the near future, I sincerely hope you will consider staying with us again so we may have another chance to show you how our ozark hospitality usually is! Thank you again and we do hope to see you again!
Genesis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Clermont, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Nice comfortable rooms. Good quiet location. Only a few miles off the main drag, and well worth it. Good parking and breakfast was terrific. Would definitely stay here again. Not sure why there rating is so low. Maybe because hotels on the main drag get my reviews, and they don 't know how great these new ones a little out are.

Stayed July 2014
ResidenceInn_13, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Branson, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you so much for the great review of our hotel Jeffrey! We really appreciate your comments and you taking the time to let everyone else out there know about our great property! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to having you stay with us again!
Genesis O.
Lilburn, Georgia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed at the Branson Residence Inn back in May while traveling from Georgia up to Kansas City. We stayed for a couple of nights to see some of the local shows and Silver Dollar City. The location was fine for us to maneuver around to get to the local attractions and restaurants. We could drive close to the main street or take some of the back roads to get around. I stay frequently at Residence Inns around the USA.
The staff were very polite and helpful with checking in and responding to questions that we had about the area. The room suite worked well for my family and the amenities were nice as expected with the kitchen and all. The breakfast was plentiful and tasty with hot and cold foods. We enjoyed the pool and exercise facility. We enjoyed our stay, slept well and recommend this Residence Inn for others to stay in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside face a wooded area and away from any road traffic.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
ResidenceInn_13, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Branson, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and all of the amenities that we offer. Thank you for taking the tiime to let others know about our hotel and what you enjoyed about it. We really appreciate you, and we hope to see you back to stay with us again soon!
boston
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My 91 year old mother decided Branson was on her bucket list so off on a road trip we went! The staff couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. The place is well maintained and clean. We did not use pool or exercise room. The women working the breakfast room were so sweet giving my friend a goody bag for her birthday.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
ResidenceInn_13, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Branson, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for your great review of our hotel, we are so glad you enjoyed staying with us! We are always happy to help with celebrations! I hope your friend had a great birthday, and that your mother did enjoy her Branson trip! Thank you again and we hope to see you return to stay with us again soon!
Ankeny, IA
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I'd recommend staying at this hotel. I'm a frequent stayer at Marriott's and am somewhat of an expert on these hotels. I was a bit apprehensive due to the sketchy reviews for this hotel, but those are over dramatic and likely due to a one time event that can happen at even 5 star hotels. The rooms in this hotel are nice, clean, well taken care of. The hotel isn't brand new, but is in good shape. The nice thing is they have a grill you can use any time, as long as it's available A firepit you can hang out at and a basketball court to mess around with.

During our visit the pool was very chlorine intense and it was hard on they eyes to be in there. That would be my only complaint. That should be maintained better.

The people working there were nice and helpful and did their job well.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
ResidenceInn_13, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Branson, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! We are so glad you enjoyed our great amenities and our helpful staff! I do apologize for the chlorine in the pool, we are currently working on getting that taken care of. We loved having you stay with us and hope to see you return soon! Thanks again for taking the time to put your comments out there about our hotel, we appreciate it!
Montana
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights. The beds were comfortable and rooms large. We didn't really use the kitchen but the fridge was nice to have. We ate breakfast in the lobby and that was typical fare (waffles, bagels, yogurt, biscuits/gravy, etc). We also were there for the manager's evenings in the lobby. The cheese/meats were perfect before heading to a show. The pulled pork was very good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
ResidenceInn_13, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Branson, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you so much for you comments on our hotel! We really appreciate you taking the time to let us and everyone else know about your stay here with us! I'm glad you enjoyed your room and the meals. We do pride ourselves on taking care of our guests, and feeding them well! Thank you again & we hope to see you return to stay with us again soon!
Derby, Kansas
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Checking out of the two bedroom today after two nights and overall this is a good hotel. The two bedrooms with a pull out sofa are perfect for larger families! The free breakfast buffet was good but extremely crowded which should be expected during the week of Independence day. Kids had fun in the pool area but the pool was very cloudy. The hotel is just off the 76 strip so it was not noisy at all and very easy to get to and great location for all area attractions. The staff was very friendly and accomodating and we were treated to cookies as Gold Members. My only real complaint is the beds!!! It was like sleeping on a slab of concrete and I can not imagine anyone wanting this firm of a bed!! It was so uncomfortable the pull out sofa bed was more comfortable. I have had this issue with Fairfields in the past but do not recall a Residence Inn with beds this uncomfortable. If only staying1 night I would probably stay here again but anything more, I am not sure that I would. If not for the beds, I would have given this at least 4 stars.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and our cookies! I do apologize for not all of your stay being up to your normal standings. We are currently working on the condition of the pool, and as far as the beds, we did just replace all of our beds in November last year with brand new Serta mattresses, so we will look into that issue further and see what options we have. I do hope you will stay with us again in the future when your travels bring you to Branson. Thank you again for your comments, we really appreciate the feedback!