“No Hot water two mornings in a row!”

Residence Inn Branson
Ranked #87 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 24 March 2006

We stayed at this hotel last week for spring break with our kids. I was very surprised and disappointed in two items. First, BOTH mornings we all had to shower in lukewarm/cool water, as we could not get hot water in our shower. I called the front desk and each time they said, "Oh, I'll let the maintenance guy know". As I went in to breakfast I heard another family making the same complaint at the front desk AND getting the same response. I didn't get the impression that they were surprised or that this was the first time they had heard this complaint. We had no trouble getting hot water at night - just in the morning.

Also - we could hear the footsteps from the people in the room above us. It sounded as if they were jumping off the bed and running, it sort of rattled the walls and we could not get to sleep. We couldn't hear voices, just footsteps or jumping which makes me think it was just normal movement. If it was rough housing there would have been giggling and yelling. Not sure, but, finally around 1:00 am they quieted down.

Other than those two things our stay was great, the breakfast was hot and good. The evening snack is nice, and we enjoyed having a kitchen available. That said, room noise and cold water are pretty basic requirements.

• Stayed: March 2006
8  Thank Blestwith2girls

A TripAdvisor Member
KC
Reviewed 21 March 2006

We stay at Marriotts a lot and were very disappointed with our stay here. The entire 3rd floor smelled like smoke even though it was nonsmoking. The rooms are very dated and old looking. If I had to speculate, I would say that the rooms have not been updated since the 80's. They were however clean, except the mold hanging from the vent in the bathroom! The kids were disappointed they could not hook up Gamecube or DVD to t.v. because it was so old it did not have the imputs for newer devices! We were looking forward to using the hotel pool, but when the kids seen how small it was, they did not want to use it. I am not kidding, it was the smallest pool I have ever seen. It was the size of the "kiddie" pool at most places. The mattresses left me very sore. The kids complained that they could feel the springs in the sofa bed. We travel a lot and this was the worst hotel we have stayed at in years. If you don't travel much and you just need a place to drop your things and won't be spending much time there, you should be fine, but there are much nicer hotels at cheaper rates if you shop around.

• Stayed: March 2006
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 March 2006

We recently stayed the weekend in Branson and stayed at the Residence Inn. It is a very nice hotel located in a quiet area just behind the Grand Palace and close to many shows, restaurants and shops. It is very clean and with a separate kitchen and living room, queen size bedroom and large bath it was well worth the price of a regular hotel room. Plus a full deluxe breakfast. We enjoyed the 50's at the Hop show and the performers were excellent. The only down side was that many of the shops and shows were not open until after the 3rd of March, but we did enjoy our stay.

7  Thank jolily
Reviewed 3 January 2006

Residence Inn is located convenient to the 76-Strip and many shows and restaurants. Staff was friendly and helpful. The room was large and clean with a fully stocked kitchen. The sofa bed, however, is not very comfortable, but was okay for our daughter. A DVD player is available for no charge. Pets are allowed for a $75 fee. A hot breakfast is included and was well prepared. The pool is indoors, but rather small. Nice alternative to small hotel room and price was competitive.

7  Thank ronip
Reviewed 13 August 2005

We were generally very pleased with the Residence Inn Branson. The room was very, very clean. We had a one bedroom suite which slept four comfortably. While not enormous, the combination kitchen/living room was big enough for us to move about and relax. My husband and I were traveling with our children (ages 6 and 2). They were able to play and move around without too many problems. There was a TV in the living room and the bedroom and the bathroom was pretty big. The kitchen came completely equipped with everything necessary to prepare your own meals and also had a microwave and dishwasher. They provide a complete buffet breakfast each morning, which was good, but did not vary much from day to day. They also provide some food in the evening on weekdays, which we didn't sample. The night that we were there, they had a baked potato bar available. We used the pool, which was small but was empty at times so we were able to have it all to ourselves. They also have a jacuzzi. This hotel is close to the busiest street in Branson, but it proved to be a great location for us, because we were able to get to most places very quickly. The staff was very helpful and friendly throughout our stay.

• Stayed: July 2005
14  Thank Rooks
Reviewed 2 May 2005

My family and I recently stayed at this hotel. It was my husband, 18th month old son and my father and mother in law. We had a two bedroom suite. The hotel was very clean and up to date furnishings. The staff was friendly and the rooms were cleaned well every day. The breakfast they provide free of charge was wonderfull!! They had hot and cold breakfast foods and also had free dinner on Monday-Thurs night. The indoor pool was nice, except it was pretty cold for my 18 month old son and we could not go as swimming as much as we would have liked.
I would definately recommend this hotel to families as it provides the space to be together and also space to get away from each other when needed!

30  Thank KC2833