“Nice accommodations”

Econo Lodge at Thousand Hills
Ranked #67 of 140 Hotels in Branson
“Nice accommodations”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

A smaller hotel setting that is very clean, quiet and comfortable for a budget level hotel. I meets all the standards that are found in other Choice Hotel chains. Because it's location is off the main drag, the room/hotel was very quiet. The staff is very friendly also. In all, I would stay here again the next time we stay in Branson. Close to golf courses!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Richard S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Saint Louis
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel using my Choice rewards points. Other reviews commented on the cleanliness. They were reporting the truth! Very clean room and bathrooms. Nice updates for an inexpensive hotel. Decent breakfast, waffles, biscuits, gravy. Wish there had been eggs and yogurt. Coffee was not very good.
My one true complaint... The mattresses!!!! Oh my word... They were so uncomfortable... I am sure that my ribs and hips are bruised from sleeping on that bed. I hardly slept at all.
Happy for cleanliness, bummed that I didn't get any sleep.
Would not book this hotel again.

Stayed November 2013
2 Thank tomhrhr
Summerville, Georgia
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel is right at everything. Very clean an nice. I was impressed! Not a 5star. But for an econo it's super nice am clean! Staff was just so friendly. And the breakfast was good!! Will recommend this hotel!! The Texas stk house is right across the street!! Which was great to walk to.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank misscandy
Carthage, Missouri
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We spent 1 night 09/21/2013 at this hotel and we were very pleased with the entire experience. A great value - clean room - pet friendly - providing a modest, but tasty and more than adequate, breakfast. They also have a pool but since it was late September it was closed. Conveniently located just off of the Yellow Route, The entire staff was pleasant and accomodating. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling with a pet. We will certainly be returning.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CalvinT526
excelsior springs
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Our stay was from 08/25/2013 to 08/29/2013. Excellent place to stay.Management and all clerks were very friendly, which we like. All people friendly. All went above and beyond their duty to make sure all residents had all necessities. Each day they always left a new bag of necessities at our door. When we needed directions or information concerning events or places to see they were always there to help. Had a good breakfast, also. When searching for a place to stay we needed a pet friendly hotel. We felt comfortable and safe leaving our pets when we were gone. I would have liked to have a fitness room to exercise, but maybe the cost would have been more. We would still call this place even if the price was a litle more. I searched and searched to find this place. It was the right price, friendly and concerned management and clerks. I can only remember a few of the names , Lauri , Vicki, Noel, and 2 gentlemen. All great people. I had been recommended this place from a friend and I was looking for a pet friendly place at the right price. Have already spread the word how affordable and great people at this Econo Lodge on Wildwood Drive. Thought about using the nice pool, but time didn't work out.
I went directly to hotel for reservations and this is why. By calling the reservation line, several different times, in hoping I would get the same answer, I asked for pet friendly hotel, I was not pleased with their help. Did not know the Silver Dollar City branch was closed. When I called hotel directly they said the branch located close to Silver Dollar City had been closed. The reservation line needs updated information. So after that incident I will go directly to the hotel to make reservations.

Room Tip: I must have overlooked the review page on amenities. We were nicely surprised when we walked through...
2 Thank connie s
STURGEON
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I rarely give 5 stars - but this time it is really deserved. We spent 9 days in the room and had a wonderful care-free vacation.

The lodge is on the Yellow Route and easily reached from either side of town. I have only had one occasion when the Route had heavy traffic. Normally, when 76 is backed up bumper to bumper, this route is clear. The yellow route also has a Shell station and various eating venues ranging from Lone Star to Subway. The Yellow Route runs form the intersection next to Dixie Stampede to the Shepard of the Hills Expressway where Celebration City used to be across from the Conoco Station.

The room was exactly what I expected..I almost should claim title to the room because we have had the same room 3 out of the last 4 times we stayed here. There were enough outlets to recharge our devices, but I did use a strip I brought with me because of convenience. The internet was very easily accessed by all devices and was fast enough we had no trouble watching three different HD movies at the same time.

The room service was excellent. The room was cleaned completely each and every day we were there. I have never seen a better housekeeping job done, anywhere else, at any time - including more expensive stays! It was very nice to come back to such a well-kept room after a long day at Silver Dollar City (we were at the gospel picnic for 9 days!). In fact, the excellent housekeeping work was one of the main reasons the hotel was given a five. My wife was a hotel housekeeper at one time and commented she had never seen the job done so well.

The room has a digital air conditioner/heater. We set the thermostat at 73 degrees and it kept it at exactly the right temperature all the time we were in the room.

The room does have Cable TV. It has quite a few channels (more than hotels we have been in) - including HBO - but we watched TV very little. Frankly, all of us spend nearly all of our free time on the Internet. If we had to choose between a good Internet system and a good Cable system - we would pick the Internet without thinking twice. Even at home - we have seriously considered dropping Cable entirely - but that is a different story.

The breakfast was above average for this type of hotel. Unlike Quality Inn, there were no numerous tickets to keep track of, they did not try to sell you anything, and the oatmeal did not cost me a dollar. Unlike Howard Johnson, I could actually have a breakfast with my family - rather than just watching them. I am diabetic and I much appreciated the sugar-free syrup for the waffles and Splenda and Equal for the Oatmeal. While I still have to watch my sugars and carbs...this small act makes a big difference for me.

The waffles were very good....but you have to do two things. First, the batter is pre-measured into styrofoam cups and premade...it tends to settle after time so make sure you stir the batter well before you make the waffles. Second, do not forget to turn the waffle maker over or the timer will not go off. You can make the waffle but You have to guess at the time---I burnt one waffle this way! The were also two types of cereal, doughnuts, biscuits and gravy, toast, bagels, and fruit (usually bananas and apples). The breakfast was kept well-stocked - even when we ate late one day! Yes, there was coffee (decafe or regular), milk, and fruit juice. The only thing I would change is to have some ice water readily available. I got water in the other room - I don't drink much milk or fruit juice because they have a lot of sugar in them - for example- milk has 10 Sugars per serving and Orange Juice is 25% - 50% sugar (depending on the type of Juice).

The staff was friendly and very helpful - they addressed any problem brought to their attention at once. For example, due to my consecutive reservations there was a minor problem - it was taken care of immediately. They knew us on sight and even noticed the couple of days we decided to eat at SDC so we could get in line for the shows.

The pool area was very enjoyable..but we only went swimming twice. There is an area that contains a hot tub that is out of service, and does not appear that it will be back in service for a LONG time. The area where the tub is has been cordoned off with a "fence" made with yellow hose. I would not be surprised if the pool is now closed for the season since it is now after Labor Day when outside pools are traditionally closed. I did not factor in the pool area for this evaluation because I did not think the pool would be open now, anyway.

1 Thank JAMES S
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2013

to start off with these are the friendliest people I have ever experienced at a hotel.my husband and I travel a lot with choice privelages an it was a very clean hotel with a great staff, clean rooms, a nice breakfast and a refreshing pool. I know we will be back and most likely have found our permanent home away from home in branson!

1 Thank Terry A