“Enjoyed my stay!”

Grand Plaza Hotel Branson
Ranked #55 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Grand Plaza. From the moment I walked in, the staff was very helpful and friendly. They offered to assist me with my luggage. The room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet offered a good selection, and the view from the hotel was beautiful. It is in a very good location and pretty easy access to most anything. It is very close to Tanger Outlet Mall. I will be going back when I get the chance!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 March 2014

This hotel was recommended by a booking service as one of the better hotels in Branson. I was not impressed.

Pros:
It felt safe.
House keeping was extremely nice.
Love the TV channel selection.
Located right off of the 76 strip.
Free wifi, but don't expect to do anything other than check email. Videos or games won't work...too slow.

Cons:
The 'game room' was tiny and had maybe 5 very old game systems.
Restaurant food was cold at dinner time. I had a hot baked potato and a cold steak. Cheeseburger with no cheese. Nachos with onions, asked for no onions. Rolls were supposed to come with the dinner, no rolls. Waiters did not get one part of the order right, except the water for drinks. And we sat at the table 10 mins before someone asked if we'd been helped. Of course we hadn't. We sat there for 10 mins with no menu or drinks.
The 'gym' had 2 or 3 machines and was so small I don't know if you'd have elbow room from the person next to you.
3/4 of the parking is on a crazy hill, but that's all over Branson
I wasn't impressed with the room and I paid extra for a mini suite. The heat was only in the bedroom so the front room and bathroom were always cold.
9 floors of rooms and 2 elevators...I'll let you guess how slow that makes progress. Ask for a room on the first few floors so you can take the stairs.
Front desk guy was very nice when I checked in, but other front desk people don't even greet you when you're standing there to speak with them. That's not cool and I have a big problem with that. You're in the hospitality industry!

Will I stay here again? Probably not. Main reason, lack of front desk hospitality and the restaurant because I am paying for free breakfast that I can't eat because of the lack of food and service quality. The hotel isn't horrible, but just not up to my standards.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lower floors so you can take the stairs. Not enough elevators.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank DUgirl03
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The hotel itself was okay. But for two days straight we didn't get housekeeping to clean our room. We finally called the front desk at 6pm on the second night and they sent someone to give us clean towels and empty the trash. The restaurant was only open thur -sat and their explanation was that it was not peak season so they don't open it nightly yet. Even though the hotel was almost full every night we were there

2  Thank Melissa N
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Currently staying at this hotel. Room is tiny. Restaurant is super slow. Front desk staff is sub par. The hotel decided to dump half the water out of the pool the night before we arrived and refilled it so the water was so cold that none of the guest were swimming it. Front desk agreed that "yes, it's disappointing." No apologies, no offer of discounting our stay since the amenities weren't available. Well probably NOT stay here again.

1  Thank wandamarie76
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We were very excited to finally be in our vacation. Absolutely everything a lot out trip was wonderful EXCEPT for this hotel. We were there for 5 nights and it got worse each night. They have no housekeepers who work here. We even had to go to the front desk for towels each day. If you have any choice at all, don't stay here, regardless of the price and location. The manager is rude rude rude and is obviously the biggest problem.

6  Thank MMikes
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I just called for a room rate. The fellow said "Well our room rates vary, but may you hold for a moment" I waited about 10 minutes or so. Then finally he came back on. He said "What's bringing you to the area?" Then again said "Can you please hold again?" I said yes. Waited about 5 minutes, then hung up. Rediculas waiting! For a phone call!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank jakeryan1
Reviewed 21 February 2014

This was our second visit to the Grand Plaza Hotel, this time during the off season in February. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, and the beds have a variety of pillows to choose from, including the down-filled type. Although our double queen room was near the service elevator, our stay was quiet. During this 3-day stay we used the pool and spa, the temperature of which were a bit cooler than our preference. One of the reasons we enjoy staying here is the hot breakfast where we enjoyed, among other items, blueberry waffles, biscuits and gravy, English muffins, yogurt and freshly sliced oranges. The food is quite good and a great way to start the day. Another reason we stay here is for accessibility to Hwy 76 "The Strip" and the bypass roads, making the hotel a great "base of operations" during the visit.

Room Tip: For those wishing to sleep in, be advised the even-numbered rooms on the Highway 76 "The Strip...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple