“ouch!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #52 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Burlington, Iowa, United States
“ouch!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Beds were very painful to sleep on. I have got better rest on the floor sleeping on concrete! Most of the night was spent in the lobby trying to get relief from the pain. The staff was polite and helpful but the beds in the room...wow. Good thing the stay was being paid for by our time share or I would have demanded our money back. The local Super 8 would have been better.

Positive side (and reason for 2 of the 3 stars) is the breakfast woad grandiose. Everything you can imagine. Eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, cereals, beagles, donuts, fruits and more. The view was spectacular. Best part of the entire stay.

Room Tip: Test the bed for firmness. Bring a mattress topper.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Overall, the stay at this hotel was good. Shortly after arrival, we were called to be sure everything was ok with our room. The room was clean and pleasantly decorated. The elevators provided fast service. There is a breakfast buffet in the morning which was well stocked and attended and pretty decent. The staff at the breakfast were extremely attentive. Our room had a small refrigerator and
The wireless service was fast. We had no issue with noise. The only real negative was the bed. It was a firm, inexpensive bed. I slept little the first night and a little better the 2nd and 3rd just because I was so tired.

Wakefield, Rhode Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I stayed for five days as part of a military unit reunion. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. The staff was courteous and helpful, if a little overtaxed by 3 reunions, a high school marching band, and two weddings. There is a concierge in the lobby for business hours during the week and the staff can assist you after hours with information, directions and special requests. The hotel is close to several entertainment venues, but there are a lot in Branson so you'll most likely need a car. This part of Missouri is quite hilly, so walking will tire almost anyone out rather quickly.

The pool, spa, and fitness room were right off the lower level lobby. The workout room was on the spartan side with only an elliptical machine, treadmill, and a recumbent bike. No free weights. The spa was under repair before the beginning of the heavy tourist season and was unavailable during our stay. The pool was clean and warm and well used by the youngsters.

The breakfast buffet while plentiful was lackluster in selection. A waffle station, pastry, toast, bagels and muffins, three kinds of cold cereal, milk, several kinds of fresh fruit, yogurt, and a steam table with scrambled eggs, a pork protein (ham, sausage, or bacon), home fries, biscuits and gravy, grits and oatmeal. Regular and decafe coffee and tea and three kinds of fruit juice were also available.

This was the venue hotel for my military reunion with a great rate. It was a good value for the money, but if you expect five star treatment and accommodations somewhere else might be your first choice.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third through seventh floors have less noise penetration from the function areas.
Farmington, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

My wife and I booked the hotel for May 21-23rd 2014, we booked the King Suite with the Jacuzzi Tub and were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The room was clean and nice and had updated furniture and styling. We mainly stayed for the free breakfast, and it was also good. Full continental breakfast with all the fixings. Hotel had a community pool and hot tub which were both maintained just as well. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone looking to stay in a nice hotel for a minimal fee.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Fulton, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Very disappointed that we were woken up at 0630 by the ceiling vibrating due to the bad attempts at old Conway Twitty, old Johnny Cash and Oak Ridge Boys. We were on the 8th floor, right below the breakfast area. We arrived Friday night and this racket started at 06:30 on both our Saturday and Sunday mornings. Front desk staff lied to us as we asked (after the Saturday morning episode) if the bad singing was going to happen again on Sunday, as we would have changed rooms. Bad smelling old hotel.

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Susan B
Springfield, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Grand Plaza. From the moment I walked in, the staff was very helpful and friendly. They offered to assist me with my luggage. The room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet offered a good selection, and the view from the hotel was beautiful. It is in a very good location and pretty easy access to most anything. It is very close to Tanger Outlet Mall. I will be going back when I get the chance!

Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

This hotel was recommended by a booking service as one of the better hotels in Branson. I was not impressed.

Pros:
It felt safe.
House keeping was extremely nice.
Love the TV channel selection.
Located right off of the 76 strip.
Free wifi, but don't expect to do anything other than check email. Videos or games won't work...too slow.

Cons:
The 'game room' was tiny and had maybe 5 very old game systems.
Restaurant food was cold at dinner time. I had a hot baked potato and a cold steak. Cheeseburger with no cheese. Nachos with onions, asked for no onions. Rolls were supposed to come with the dinner, no rolls. Waiters did not get one part of the order right, except the water for drinks. And we sat at the table 10 mins before someone asked if we'd been helped. Of course we hadn't. We sat there for 10 mins with no menu or drinks.
The 'gym' had 2 or 3 machines and was so small I don't know if you'd have elbow room from the person next to you.
3/4 of the parking is on a crazy hill, but that's all over Branson
I wasn't impressed with the room and I paid extra for a mini suite. The heat was only in the bedroom so the front room and bathroom were always cold.
9 floors of rooms and 2 elevators...I'll let you guess how slow that makes progress. Ask for a room on the first few floors so you can take the stairs.
Front desk guy was very nice when I checked in, but other front desk people don't even greet you when you're standing there to speak with them. That's not cool and I have a big problem with that. You're in the hospitality industry!

Will I stay here again? Probably not. Main reason, lack of front desk hospitality and the restaurant because I am paying for free breakfast that I can't eat because of the lack of food and service quality. The hotel isn't horrible, but just not up to my standards.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lower floors so you can take the stairs. Not enough elevators.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family