“Save your money, go elsewhere”

Days Inn Branson/Near the Strip
Ranked #54 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Days Inn should be ashamed of itself. I am a disabled American, and this Days Inn is NOT ADA compliant. 4 story building, no elevator, no real way to get to most rooms without going up stairs. Placed us on 4th floor, and both (yes, only two) disabled parking spaces were taken. Once we got to the 4th floor, we found a puddle of unknown fluid on the floor. We called asking for a change in rooms. I advised I am disabled, and they asked if i wanted to go down stairs, which I did not. The shower in the "new" room had black mold growing in it. I thought it was unusual to have carpeting in the shower, until I noticed it was black mold. The employees had taken old chairs and made smoking lounges in the stair landings, so you had to go through clouds of stale smoke, even though smoking is not allowed. Overall, I can't recommend this place, unless you really are into dirty and grimy rooms, hate the handicapped and want to spend more than necessary on a pretty dismal room.

Contacted the corporate offices, was told that Days Inns are owned by independent operators, most of them off shore and I would possibly hear from the owner, but not likely. I am not seeking a reimbursement, but would like to see them do something to try to fix this. It was just filthy, dirty and nasty. The breakfast was the only thing decent, but when we got there, it was mostly gone and what was left had finger prints or was congealed on the bottom of the warming tray, and it was still two hours left of breakfast.

Just avoid it. You can do better using another chain.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Leave this one alone
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
SHManager, General Manager at Days Inn Branson/Near the Strip, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

I apologize that your stay was not up to your standard but as was requested in your emails you were refunded your entire stay. We are a Local American owned company. We are in adherence with ADA standards and our hotel has only one floor that is not ground accessible and up 1 flight of stairs from both sides of hotel.

We do have a guest smoking area located on the ground floor in the back of the building. Employees are not allowed to smoke anywhere close to the property itself.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We had a package deal in Branson. We purchased 4 shows along with this hotel for a great price, I think. The breakfast was good along with the ladies restocking all the time. This is the first time I have ever seen a tip charge for a continental breakfast area. The rooms were nice for our 3 night stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
SHManager, General Manager at Days Inn Branson/Near the Strip, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you for your review. I would like to clarify we do not charge anything for our breakfast. Nothing is expected for the service we offer in our breakfast room. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

After paying for our room two weeks before arrival, when we checked in were told they needed card for 50 dollar deposit, which I gave, only to find two more debits on my card the next day for more than my room amount. Manager not very helpful and never bothered to find out if it was taken care of or not before we left. Will not be staying here again. Room okay, maid service not the best!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. I thought the last time we visited we had corrected the issue while talking with you and your bank. Again, I am terribly sorry you did not enjoy your stay.

Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

We had such a great week here last year we had to come back. Thought it would be the same or better, but it wasn't. They decided to just not clean our room on Sunday for some reason or another. The other days were great though! On a Friday the front desk people were very polite and happy, the other days were torture I guess for them. They weren't rude just not out going or friendly. Breakfast was okay, the ladies that work it were really nice. Price was ok but we paid extra for the jucuzzi suite. Basically if they cleaned and were friendly it would be my yearly stop for our anniversary, not sure if we will be back next year now.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Lisa D

We apologize that we did not meet your standards this year. We hope that you will stop in again next year and try us out.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

The hotel looked very nice and was in a great location. When we opened the door to the room the smell was just terrible. It smelled of dog urine. There were stains on the carpet and the bed comforter had animal hair on it. The toilet had a dirt ring in it and so did the shower. There was hair on the bathroom floor and a very large bug. I notified the front desk and was told there was nothing they could do. During check out I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told there wasn't one there and they were sorry I was not happy but nothing could be done about it. Very angry about this!

• Stayed: September 2013

We apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. We hope that you enjoyed Branson and everything else it has to offer.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We had never stayed at this motel before, was a bit hesitant because the price was quite low, and you know the adage you get what you pay for. Well, we got what we paid for and more. The room was clean, housekeeping kept it that way throughout our 4 nights stay. The breakfast was good and the ladies that attended the dining area was not only efficient and friendly, but went out of their way to help those that were handicapped. We definitely would stay in this motel again.

Room Tip: We were on the second level right near the ice and food machines, but we were not disturbed by them...
1  Thank Janice C

Thank you for your wonderful review!! Guest like you make this job very rewarding. Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Room had a smell, still not sure what it was. carpet could use a cleaning but not the worst I have ever seen. bathroom clean other than the soap wrapper that was left on the shower wall ledge by the shower head. Bed was comfortable. Oh and the air conditioner was a little noisy.
I have been in a lot worse. overall it was average. I booked this room as a package deal through silver dollar city. 2 nights stay and 2 days @ silver dollar city for $234.00.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review we hope to see you again in the future.