“Cozy place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #56 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Lenexa, Kansas
“Cozy place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

A very clean place to stay with a welcoming staff. I had no issue with the small breakfast offered, small variety but a nice way to start the day. The WiFi was touch and go but since I was on vacation I was ok with it.

• Stayed August 2014
      Cleanliness

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Got the room thru a booking site for a spur of the moment trip to Branson so didnt do a lot of checking first. Great location and easy to get to everything. The grounds are lovely and there is a delightful little patio and porch near the office.Seems like price was a little high for what was really a budget motel. Room was clean but really smelled like mildew - and carpet was kind of sticky or something. Bed was comfortable and shower had plenty of hot water. Very little in way of amenities inside room. Small TV with about the worst selection of cable channels I have ever seen. Not that we spent a lot of time in our room but sometimes after a hectic day it is nice to relax with a decent TV selection. What "worked" as a desk was a slightly wobbly small table and two inexpensive chairs set right in front of the air conditioner. Coffe pot in room but no fridge, microwave etc. Pretty much bare bones.My family enjoyed the pools and hot tub but after the first morning we passed on the complimentary breakfast. I might be too picky and thought it was awful. Spouse is NOT picky but wasn't crazy about it either.While I was in there a group of people were making waffles - one of them dropped the fork on the floor - then picked it up and set it back on the counter! There was no available employee to notice - so I took it back to the kitchen and gave it to someone and asked them to replace it. We went to Silver Dollar City on a Saturday ( mid-summer) and went to the office to purchase the advertised discounted tickets. We were told the person who did that was not there that day!!! Not cool. There were a couple of ladies at front desk who were very nice and one or two who were kind of snippy.This might be a good option for families but I don't think I would recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank broadwaybaby2013
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Great area. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly. The pools looked nice. Easy access to the strip. Breakfast was not good. Not a full bar. Only had biscuits, sausage and waffles. No fruit or fruit juices.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Diana M
Grandview, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay. Both pools were good size and clean. Spa was great. Breakfast was average but was kept stocked. Had trouble with the Wi-Fi think because our room was tucked in the back. And the coke machines didnt work a lot...Pepsi seemed ok. Room was comfortable for the 2 of us. It was ready when we got there and we got our special requests. Caitlyn and the staff were great. We will go back.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kim W
Dallas Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

My main concern with anywhere is that it is clean. That was what I noticed when I entered our room, it was clean and I was comfortable. Not much else matters as long as I can feel comfortable with the cleanliness. I would definitely come back to Honeysuckle because I was very comfortable. It is obviously an older facility and not the fanciest by any means but a clean room and a comfortable bed is what matters. Furthermore, I was delighted with the Christian atmosphere. I do agree the outdoor pool needs some maintenance and I did have to get out because there were a couple big hairballs floating around; but the indoor pool was very clean and refreshing and looked fairly new. The location is perfect, right off the strip but at the end of the blue route allowing travel to bypass the painfully slow traffic on the strip through Branson. We were able to cut around to the Landing around the traffic. The breakfast is ok; biscuits and gravy, waffles, canned peaches, cereal, instant oatmeal, and cold boiled eggs; they did have sausage patties on the weekend. Clean, convenient, reasonably priced and Christian folks... I would definitely come back here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Jeff W
Springfield
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

The place looks nice from the outside, and for the price one would think it would be a nice stay.

This would be wrong however. The people at the front desk are pompous and aloof, to the extent that until I checked in they wouldn't show me where the lobby bathroom was.

Outside, the place looks quite nice, but upon closer inspection and entry you find a cheap, fading facade and musty rooms. If you're lucky your room will have a whole two chairs and a small table. There are virtually no outlets that you can use. The lighting is dreary and would almost be better suited in a horror movie. The shower was mildewy, as was the AC unit, and all the water smelled awful.

After a few brief moments in the room, I decided that I would try and go to the pools or hot tub to take my mind off of the horrid room.

Unfortunately, the pools are no better than the rooms. Old and without any true face lift, they aren't pretty and more unforgivably, they are not clean. I stayed over the 4th o July and I anticipated that since when I checked in the entire hotel was still nearly empty that the pools would be clean.

First off, the outdoor pool was overly chlorinated and not skimmed. There was gum and wrappers mixed into the leaves and bugs both on the surface and at the bottom. Only one anemic pump and filter was working and was not doing a good job.

The indoor pool is no better, and in fact may see less maintenance. The whole room smelled musty and mildewy, the floors were scummy and unclean despite being dry, I decided not to try the water as I could literally see a thick ball of brown hair tangled around one of the stair handles and various debris strewn along the bottom.

The hot tub was disgusting beyond belief. Foamy, uncleaned and despite being small with lots of jets they were very underpowered.

Overall, I won't be back. I've stayed at the Carriage House many many times for less money and always had a better time.

Honestly I can't tell you any reason to stay here, if you don't plan to stay in the room much, this would be ok but due to its expense I wouldn't pick it for that either.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Lcollins67
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I wasn't really expecting much going into my stay at the Honeysuckle, but I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, the rooms are a little outdated and ours smelled a little musty, but this is still a nice hotel. The beds were nice, pillows were fantastic, and everything worked just fine. There were no bugs and not a lot of sounds from other rooms so we were happy with that. Management is extremely friendly and made us feel welcome. Free wifi is a bonus as well.

We didn't go in the indoor pool, but it looked nice. We spent half a day laying by the pool and swimming. We were lucky and were the only ones there. The breakfast they offered was very good. Juice, biscuits and gravy, waffles, milk and cereal, eggs, and fruit. The breakfast was just what we needed and saved us about a hundred dollars since we didn't have to go out to eat.

We enjoy walking to places so it was nice that we could walk right up the main strip of Branson from the hotel. The hotel is also located right at the intersection to take you to Silver Dollar City.

If you need a place to stay and don't want something overly fancy, don't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple