“Good Location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Higginsville, Missouri
“Good Location”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Easy location to get back on 65 and 76 Highways, as well as easy access to the old downtown and Branson Landing. The lady checking us in upon our arrival, seemed to be one of those people that only smiled when she had to. But we were checked in and given our room. My Mother was certain that the pillow cases had not been changed. But I believe they were just old and were showing their wear. They appeared clean to me. We decided to go for a swim and found the pool area to be nice with plenty of chairs and tables to accommodate everyone. To access the pool you have to go to the end of the hall on the first floor and take the stairs down to the lower level. Once you open that door, even though the pool is a floor away and you have to go through another door, you can smell the chemicals. Once you open the door they will almost knock you out it is so strong. I actually sat in my chair for a bit wondering if they had anyone ever pass out from the fumes of the chemicals. The water appeared very clean in both the pool and the hot tub. But once you got in you could see the tiles along the wall were dirty. They only cleaning this pool had received was the usual vacuuming and brushing. It appears no one has ever taken the time to actually scrub the sides of the pool. After swimming we all decided to take our showers. My Mother immediately gave a warning that the tub was very slick. Almost as if someone had used baby oil in it and it had not been cleaned afterwards. She wiped it out, and my 11 year daughter then decided to take her shower. She not only slipped she actually fell in the shower it was still so slick. We were afraid to let my Father take a shower. After we cleaned it ourselves. I took my shower and realized that I believe it was due to the great soft water they had there and the soap. The shower wasn't slick when I went in, but as soon as I had lathered up the tub got slick and I slipped and I almost fell myself. So word of caution, put a hand towel or something in the tub and stand on it. That is what we did when my Father took a shower. Note our room even had a Jacuzzi tub. I was so excited I wanted to use it. Especially after our first night when I woke up with a very stiff back. From the no so great beds and pillows. But guess what the jets did not work. I quickly realized I don't think they have worked for a long time after I took a look at the jets. They appear to not have been used in awhile. As for breakfast, Monday was very lacking. There was cereal, and waffles. They were out of toast and no boiled eggs. There was yogurt and bagels and doughnut holes. On Tuesday I learned from the woman who takes care of the breakfast that they only have eggs and sausage every other day and then biscuts and gravy on Sundays. I tried a waffle the second morning even with spray it stuck. The coffee was great and they had cocoa and tea as well as juice. The carpets in the halls and the elevator hadn't been cleaned in awhile but the room carpets were clean. The elevator was slow and a couple times we didn't want to ride it for fear of the noise it was making. But it never broke down on us. :) There is plenty of parking on the east side of the hotel But if you travel with the elderly you need try to get a spot on the west side that way they don't have to walk up the stairs in the lot. Although on this side of the building you will most likely see the employee's outside smoking and grilling. Overall it wasn't a bad experience and I would stay again.

Room Tip: Try to park on the west side of the building, very limited parking there though. But easy access and...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Baymont76, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Branson, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. Thank you for letting me know about the slick tubs. We will look into this immediately! I apologize if the smell of the pool chemicals was strong and overbearing. I will talk with our Chief Engineer about this. I appreciate all your comments regarding all aspects of the hotel and will forward your comments to all departments.

We hope you will give the Branson Baymont another opportunity to earn your loyalty. We pride ourselves on the level of service we provide and I want you to experience this first hand.

Doug Foreman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Turkish first
Oswego, Illinois
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The hotel is not what it appears in the pictures. It's not clean. Our room was dirty and run down. The carpet in the room and in the halls were filthy. The bathroom floor was dirty. The comforters they had on the beds were dirty. There were workers hanging out in the parking lot grilling and sitting around smoking. The staff inside was nice but that was about it. We were there for 4 nights and our room was never really cleaned. Our beds were made every day and that's about it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Baymont76, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Branson, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize if your room was not cleaned properly during your stay and will forward your comments to our Executive Housekeeper. I also wanted to clarify that it was not the Baymont employees that were sitting outside smoking and grilling, but was an electric company that is staying at the hotel while completing work in Branson.

I hope you will give the Branson Baymont the opportunity to earn your loyalty and show you the level of service we pride ourselves on.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Great location and cheep price. Great service makes it a wonderful place to stay. The elevator may be a little slow but the breakfast isn't half bad. I would recomend it for any budget family! I did notice that they had some flooding/water in some rooms while i was there but this didn't hinder our stay.

Room Tip: elevator is slow so I'd stay on the first few floors
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Branson Baymont Inn & Suites. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our location and prices. I was glad you were able to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast. The hot and fresh waffles are one of my favorites!

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

Branson
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The mattress was absolutely horrible!! And the temperature in the room could not be regulated - it was either too hot or ice cold. And the bathroom sink would not drain. And the toilet had not been cleaned - it was disgusting. Also the freezer door would not close as the frost was so thick - also the microwave did not work - will never stay at this place again!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I apologize if the mattress was uncomfortable and the temperature was hard to regulate in your room. I also apologize for the cleanliness of your room and will forward your comments to our Executive Housekeeper. We take all of our guest’s comments and use them for ways to improve our service.

I would like to invite you back to stay at the Branson Baymont on your next visit so we can earn back your loyalty and show you the level of service we pride ourselves on. Please contact me directly so I can ensure your reservations are taken care of. Once again, I apologize for any dissatisfaction during your stay.

Respectfully,