“Unimpressive but adequate”

Ranked #34 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Berkeley, CA
“Unimpressive but adequate”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I spent two nights in this Fairfield Inn in Branson, Missouri. I was generally unimpressed with the property, but I wouldn't say it had any fatal flaw.

ROOMS: The room we were assigned had a dated, rather spartan feel. There are two beds, a small desk and chair, and pretty much nothing else. Forget a couch to sit on. The room always had a slightly musky smell...something that was just off a little bit. Bathroom was adequate, but nothing to write home a bit. High threshold to step into the tub for a shower, which could be a problem for older travellers (the prime market for Branson).

LOCATION: Just fine. Located near a busy road...walking distance to a few things, but a little bit outside of the main strip of theaters and probably a 15-20 minute drive to "downtown" depending on traffic.

SERVICE: Really a mixed bag. The front desk staff was rather uneven. I waited a good 5 minutes for someone to turn up at first, and then I had the distinct feeling I was interrupting her. Other staff were more friendly, but things like asking for a restaurant recommendation seemed to be rather challenging.

AMENITIES: Well, nothing really other than a free breakfast. The continental breakfast was a pretty good spread and breakfast staff provided very good and friendly service. The elevator is slow! One elevator that's definitely not in a rush. Especially problematic given that this hotel often hosts tour groups.

MISC: I was offended not to be offended. I found it very strange that this property had an electronic display at the front desk that listed the names of their elite members. I would have been uncomfortable with this. But I was slightly offended that they didn't recognize my gold status at all with it. So I was amusingly slightly offended that I wasn't offended. In terms of gold benefits there were none. If there was a room upgrade to be had, I certainly did not get it.

Overall, it's an adequate property for sleeping, but I sure wouldn't consider this a place I'd want to spend any extra time as the rooms are just not configured for it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CountryPlusPlus
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Branson, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear CountryPlusPlus,
Thank you so much for your valuable feedback and for being a Marriott Rewards member. Please accept our apologies for your less than satisfactory stay. I will be sharing your comments with my entire staff in order to improve our services for future guests. I would also like to apologize that your Gold status as a rewards member was not recognized upon check in. We want all of our guests to feel valued, and apologize if you were offended. Once again, we thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn and Suites Branson as your lodging destination and hope you will allow us to host you the next time you visit the area.

Larry F.
Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Stayed here December 2013 for a weekend trip. Average hotel but subpar to other Fairfield Inns. Parking was very poor with most parking spaces on the side or in back of the building, decor was aged, and only one elevator for 4 floors of rooms. Only ate breakfast here one of the mornings and is was sufficient. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lordylan
TMIHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Branson, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Lordylan,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologize for the issues you encountered with our parking area during your stay. I can certainly understand how having to park on the side or in the back can be an issue, especially when weather is bad. I hope that in your future trips to the area you will allow us another opportunity to impress you. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. Have a great day!

Ponchatoula, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Our stay in Branson was close to what we had plan to do while there. The room was nice, breakfast was good, but no gray for the biscuits (my friend wanted that). Staff was really nice especially Linda in the breakfast area. She was so sweet to us, 1st morning I made my self known by putting the syrup in the waffle iron by mistake, Linda did not get upset w/having to clean it.
It was located right across the theater for Eagles & Journey Tribute not far from Six Show.
Only thing was the bathroom door made it hard to get in & out of the bathroom. Put other than that I will stay there again. Oct 30-Nov 2, 2013
Darnell B

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Darnell B.,
Thank you for reviewing the Fairfield Inn Branson. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the service you received from our staff and our breakfast hostess Linda. I just wanted to let you know that we will be offering biscuits and gravy as one of our breakfast options during the winter months. We look forward to hosting you again. Have a great day!

Missouri
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed here November 19-20, 2013. Loved it. Newly remodeled. Rooms were very nice. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was good, but no bacon (just that I prefer bacon). Good location on strip. Especially loved the shelf in the shower. Didn't use the pool or hot tub, just not enough time on this visit. Next visit will stay longer. Highly recommend Fairfield Inn in Branson MO.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sweetpea828
Dear Sweetpea828,
Thank you for reviewing our property. I am happy to hear that you loved your experience staying with us, and appreciate your recommendation. Hopefully, during your next visit you have time to enjoy our pool and spa. Have a great day!

Elkhart
Reviewed 16 November 2013

When we arrived at the Fairfield Inn in Branson, we were pleasantly surprised to see that the location was second to none. It is located within walking distance of many of the things that are "must see" to us. It was also extremely clean, and it had a very good breakfast that is free to all guests. We will definitely stay here again when we come back to Branson.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dwightfranklin1
Dear Dwightfranklin1,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am happy to hear that our location suited your travel needs. We appreciate your comments on our clean property and breakfast experience. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you visit Branson.

Kansas City
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The interior and exterior of the hotel have been redone since our last visit. Lots of black granite counter tops, from the breakfast area to the bathroom sinks. Breakfast is served in a pleasant first floor room and includes scrambled eggs, do it yourself waffles, hot and cold cereals, a variety of breads to toast, yogurt, and of course coffee.

The interior halls are clean and well kept. There may be a wait for the one elevator at times.

The front desk staff are extremely helpful with directions and ticket assistance. An Internet PC is located near the reception desk for researching attractions and travel. We stayed 2 nights and found it a convenient central location for accessing Branson attractions.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor, back side have a better view of the Fall foliage than the front rooms. Our r...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PTBitte
Dear PTBitte,
Thank you for taking time to review our property. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the updates from our renovation. We are glad that our staff's service and lodging met your expectations. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you visit the Branson area.

Texarkana, Texas
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Located at the intersection of highways 76 and 165, the Fairfield is easy to find and convenient for area attractions. From the lobby to the rooms, the hotel was up to date with furnishings. I must also say the staff was great, greeting us with a friendly smile upon arrival and speaking to us every time we passed the front desk.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dennis10_51
Dear Dennis10_51,
Thank you for reviewing our property. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the quality and comfort of our hotel along with the staff's service. We look forward to hosting you again next time you visit Branson.