We spent 2 nights here. We are normally Hampton Inn people, but I'm not wild about either HI in Branson. Based on TA reviews, we chose this Comfort Inn. The location is wonderful. Traffic in Branson, especially on 76, can be brutal. This property is on a side street that is easily accessed by several routes that help you avoid 76. The Thousand Hills golf course development is nearby as are several restaurants and mini-golf. The Lone Star Steakhouse was next door and Shorty Small's, which we like, is nearby. So is Dairy Queen. Also of importance to me is fairly easy access to the Tanger outlet mall!
Everyone we dealt with at the hotel was friendly and helpful. Our room was roomy with a king bed, a recliner, desk, microwave, mini-fridge, tv, and a sink in the room plus one in the bathroom. The bathtub was huge. The bed was comfortable and there were both firm and soft pillows. The towels were not as thick and fluffy as some, but were fine and more than serviceable. The closet had no door, which was a little odd. Although there were tour buses full of people there, we didn't hear a lot of noise.
The breakfast area probably needs to be rethought. When a tour group descends upon it at the same time, it becomes difficult to find a table or get food. The food area is in one horseshoe shaped area, so everyone who is getting food is pushed into a rather small space. Breakfast choices are pretty much what you would find at a Hampton Inn: hard boiled eggs, cold cereal, 3 juices, assorted breads, yogurt, fruit, make your own waffles, and some hot items. Both mornings they had scrambled eggs, sausage, and biscuits and gravy. My husband said that was good. I can't have dairy, so I had a waffle, which was fine. what wasn't fine was the coffee. It's nice that it's always hot and available, but it was weak. The decaf wasn't any better. If you like robust coffee, make other plans. Also, all the creamer is half and half, not good for those of us who must avoid that. I had taken some non-dairy creamer, but the other option would be to use a package from the coffee in your room. Doughnuts are also always available and they were very good--cake-like and not too sweet.
Some issues--there's only one elevator and it's slow. Investigate the stairs! The lobby has stuffed animal heads on the wall, so if that offends you, be forewarned. It's not my favorite thing, but I didn't spend time in the lobby. The indoor pool looked nice, but we didn't use it.
This is a nice property in a great location. We would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn at Thousand Hills is a 2015 Choice Hotels Platinum Award Winner and Finalist for Comfort Hotel of the Year. The hotel is located overlooking the Thousand Hills Golf Course and near numerous theaters and shopping in Branson. Discover the new mountain lodge themed lobby and breakfast area. Enjoy the huge indoor pool, hot tub or sauna or layout on the sun deck. Check out the gift shop and purchase all your show and attraction tickets at the hotel concierge. Play pool or a video games with kids in the game room. There is an exercise room available for your daily work out. Need to do laundry? The hotel has a guest laundry for extended vacations. Start each day charged up and ready to go with the free ho breakfast served daily. Breakfast includes: scrambled eggs, two flavors of Belgium waffles, biscuits and gravy, fruit, yogurt, breads and pastries, juices, milk, coffee, teas and more. The hotel offers a variety of room types featuring queen or king beds. Choose from rooms with two queens, family suites or one of the romantic king suite rooms. Amenities include electronic locks, , iron/ironing boards, coffee maker, hair dryer, flat screen tvs with numerous channels, free local calls, free wireless Internet, refrigerator, microwave, activity tables, , connecting rooms and double granite vanities in most rooms. The hotel also offers a meeting room for your next family reunion or training activity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn at Thousand Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn At Thousand Hills Hotel Branson
- Comfort Inn At 1000 Hills
- Comfort Inn Branson
- Branson Comfort Inn