“Very Impressed, will return!”
Review of Shady Acre Motel

Shady Acre Motel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Branson West
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
“Very Impressed, will return!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed at the motel last week during our vacation to Branson. We based choosing this motel on the reviews here and we are very pleased with the decision. Can't say enough good things! Staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were VERY clean and we loved having a kitchenette. Bed was very comfortable too. The area was quiet, not a high traffic place at all. We would definitely like to stay here again whenever we come back to Branson :-)

6 Thank Tisha C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

The room was beautiful. The beds luxurious. The atmosphere was quiet, still and ultimately one of the best motels i have ever stayed in. The first night was pleasant and restful. I would stay there again without hesitation. It was the second night that scared the excrement from my deepest bowels. I awoke at 2:30am to a nose in the room. There standing in my room was the very untransparent form of a young woman. Thinking that I was being robbed or worse, i called out to this woman. "What are you doing in my room?!!" She became startled, asked me about someone named Roger, and backed away from my bed. I snapped on the light and for just a brief second saw the frightened look on her face. She was not ghostly but fully formed and as real as any person would be standing in front of you. Then I watched as she faded before my eyes. Believe me or not, but Room 11 at this motel has what appears to be a permanent resident. Next time i visit, I will be prepared.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Author Gunnar L
Shadyacre, Owner at Shady Acre Motel, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Oh my goodness! What a surprise your review is! We've owned this property since the early nineties and built the motel rooms since then. We've had thousands of guests over the years and never heard of any ghostly activity from anyone! We hope to give our guests a memorable experience but this isn't what we had in mind! We certainly hope your experience is a one of a kind!
Sierra Vista, AZ
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We spent one night here while traveling home from a vacation where we visited family. We hadn't been to Branson in years and thought we might stop for a night and take in a show. We picked this one based on the reviews in TripAdvisor. It's a small family owned place and everyone on the staff I interacted with was friendly and warm - just like the reviews have said. We only made our decision to stop in Branson the night before our arrival. Since it's a small family-run place, you submit an email request and they get back to you. They did that quickly. On the room request they ask if you require a first floor room, and I preferred one because we had so much "stuff" to take out of the car, but I told them in the comment section we weren't handicapped, but did prefer the first floor. They accommodated us and I thought that was really nice. The accommodations are nice and the price is definitely right. Our only problem was when we returned from the theater at night the parking spots in front of our room were taken - two guests had taken up 3 spots. We had to park a bit further away which rather defeated our purpose of being able to easily load the car (and those three cases of wine we bought along the way!)...but we know darn-well that is not the property's fault - just some insensitive guests who don't park properly.

5 Thank BDiekema
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We decided to stay here based off the reviews, and I couldn't be happier! I was hesitant at first because it was so cheap, but don't let that turn you away. The room is literally the CLEANEST I have ever seen in Branson so far. It's a cozy little place where you can walk around and enjoy the scenery. I can't wait to bring my kids here next time. I just found my new favorite Branson stay!! Also a plus- the owner was very welcoming and helpful! Thanks Shady Acres!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ashley R
Shadyacre, Owner at Shady Acre Motel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for your review! We are blessed with our wonderful staff! Laura, Patty, Brandon and Dew all work very hard to clean and maintain our rooms and property. Laura and Dew are the courteous faces who greet you at the office when you check in. We are thankful for all they do and it is our goal to continue the same level of service for our guests!

Rich and Veloris Juneman
oklahoma city
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in room 9 and were happy with our accommodations. Traveling with two young kids. Maybe not right for everyone, but just right for us.
The motel was exactly as the other reviewers described. Quiet, clean and you can't beat the price. Didn't check out the pool, but it looked clean. Nice shady spots to sit outside by a picnic table. Stop at Billy Gails for a delicious breakfast nearby.
Great option for folks going to Silver Dollar City. We got to see the SDC fireworks on our way back from Branson to the hotel. Not too far from Branson attractions.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mykapone
Oklahoma
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The other reviews on trip advisor were not wrong. We chose it because of them & found out they were spot on. The location is great, away from all the traffic on 76 but close enough to get there quickly. In fact going to SDC from there you miss most traffic because it is coming from the opposite direction! The area was nice & quiet & the rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly & helpful. Next time we are in Branson we will be staying here.

Room Tip: We had an upstairs room with a nice balcony- nice if stairs are not a problem