“Great Stay in a Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN Branson Inn and Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Branson West
GreenLeadersBronze level
Silex, Mo., United States
“Great Stay in a Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

As is our usual holiday tradition we once again spent three days at Best Western Branson Inn and Conference Center. We had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the experience. There is no doubt in my mind that next year we will once again stay at this hotel for another great stay. Thanks Best Western!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWInfo, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Branson Inn and Conference Center, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
James C: It was a pleasure to have you and your family with us again this Christmas season here at Best Western Branson Inn. We look forward to seeing you and yours again next season so that you can enjoy our heated indoor pool and full hot breakfast. And of course our complimentary shuttle to Silver Dollar City.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Kansas City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel over Thanksgiving weekend in order to go to Silver Dollar City's "Old Fashioned Christmas." The hotel lobby and rooms are newly remodeled and very clean. My daughter enjoyed the indoor heated pool, game room and snack machines. I enjoyed the hot tub and computer with internet access.

We used the hotel shuttle to travel to Silver Dollar City and found it to be convenient.

We had only one unpleasant experience during our stay. It was during the breakfast on Friday morning (November 29). An older woman working in the dining area yelled at me in front of everyone in the dining room because my daughter was barefoot and was "violating a health law." My daughter was in sleep pants and had just gotten out of bed; I had no problem making her go back to the room to put shoes on, but the employee's attitude and tone was embarrassing and unappreciated. I am still shocked at the way I was treated by this person; she could have pulled me aside and presented her concern in a much more professional way, out of view of other guests. Instead, she chose to confront me and then she spun on her heels and walked away. I don't dispute the validity of her concern, but the manner in which she handled it. We did NOT return to the breakfast during the remainder of our stay.

Excluding this one experience, everything else about this hotel was top notch.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
BWInfo, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Branson Inn and Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Let me first start out by saying that I am pleased that you enjoyed your overal stay with the indoor pool and complimentary shuttle to Silver Dollar City. We strive to make every guest vacation enjoyable. Please know that your concern with the attitude of our breakfast staff is unexceptalbe. We do our best to make sure that every guest is treated with the utmost respect. I will be looking into this, and we hope that you will come stay with us again.
Kansas City, Mo.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Branson motel was ok , given the options available. The hotel is obviously an older building, but reasonably well maintained. All is clean/fairly comfortable. I have family in Branson West, and it is only about 3 miles from where I wanted to be.....thus I stayed here as opposed to another. Thin walls can make for a somewhat noisy eve.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your over all stay with us here at Best Western Branson Inn. We strive to make every guest stay enjoyable. I am sorry to hear about your concerns in regards to the thin walls. The property was built with each room containing 8 inch cynder block walls for the purpose of better sound proffing. Please know that our staff is always here to answer any questions and concerns.
Warrensburg, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

We picked this hotel because we had stayed there 2 years before and the breakfast was great and even though it wasn't right in Branson we didn't mind.This time the breakfast was frozen food not as big of variety as before, We got up to leave this morning (there was a storm coming and we wanted to leave early) breakfast starts at 6:30 we went down at 7:00 only to be told it would be another hour we needed to leave so we had to stop on the road and get breakfast we hadn't planed to spend money that way and we got know explanation for the delay or an apology. Because of this I won't stay there again or recommend it.

Room Tip: Don't go here
Green Features: They had some, they want you to use the towels more than once.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
First on behalf of the entire property please know that your concern has been noted. I agree that this is unacceptable. We strive to make every guest stay enjoyable. Since you had stayed with us before and had a good time, we will be revieiwng the situation so that it does not occur again.
Owasso, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Over the years we've stayed at the majority of hotels throughout the Branson area but one thing we've learned, music row, the strip, is noisy and highly congested with traffic throughout the day and evening due to music show traffic. So this time we opted for a quieter area at the Branson West. I knew from the exterior it was one of the older facilities in town and was worried what we might find inside but I was delightfully surprised to find the interior had been renovated and was very modern. We opted for the 3rd fl. but there are elevators or a short walk up stair case for your convenience. As I mentioned, after being a frequent visitor to the area and disappointed in the past with other hotels due to wear and tear and lack of cleanliness I was impressed with the fact that the room itself was extremely clean and modern with a balcony. Parking is free and convenient to your room. The staff is very pleasant and helpful. And when they hand you material to read, read it. We learned belatedly that we could have obtained ice for our cooler at the front desk free of charge. There is a lovely pool and a nice workout room available. There is a small store next door for anything you may have forgotten to bring along but you can get toiletries at the front desk. For the most part you are in a woodland setting that is quiet and peaceful. The teens with us had a good laugh at my expense when I questioned the condition of the carpet in the hallway but it's not worn out, it's modern decor. I was surprised and disappointed though in one aspect during the booking process. Children 16 and older, even if they are a student in high school are charged as an adult even if they're in the same room. We travel with our own soaps, shampoo's etc. so I'm not sure why the extra charge is necessary. Going green? This idea in a hotel still baffles me. I don't mind sleeping on the same sheets during a 2-3 day visit but being from a long line of nurses and physicians I am surprised that anyone would recommend using anything other than a hand towel more than once. I'm concerned about staff infections and bacteria so unfortunately for the housekeepers and the "green" advocates we accepted the opportunity to deposited used towels and washcloths on the floor for fresh ones every day. The beds were great and I don't say that lightly since I am picky about sleep quality. They were extremely comfortable and we loved the way they wrap the comforters in the sheets for a cozy, warm feel and a good nights sleep. There were other young children present and although you might hear them in the hallways or dining room, once in your room, it's very quiet. It is conveniently located near Silver Dollar City. If you don't want to drive, take the hotel shuttle. I was truly amazed at all the freebie services this hotel offered. We had an enjoyable stay and were very pleased that the staff were friendly and pleasant to deal with compared to others we've experienced in the past at other hotels. The boys especially enjoyed the showers in soft water.

Room Tip: ask for a view that doesn't overlook the pool or neighboring buildings
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BWInfo, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Branson Inn and Conference Center, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Linda, on behalf of the entire staff here at Best Western Branson Inn we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to make every guest feel at home and do what we can to make it a memorable vacation. I am glad that your family took advantage of the great amenities of our property including the heated indoor pool and shuttle service to Silver Dollar City. We take great pride in our location because we are away from the hustle and bustle of Branson, but not to far to make it to all the attractions. We very much look forward to having you and your family stay with us again in the very near future.
Clay Center, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

The bed was really hard, did not get much sleep due to the hardness. They were to give us a room on lower level due to knee problems was told that would accommodate that problem when we arrived we did not get that room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Darlene M
BWInfo, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Branson Inn and Conference Center, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Darlene, once again we do apologize for not getting you on the lower level as you requested. With an elevator to accomdate our guest we do our best to accomadate all requests. Sadly when we are sold out it does complicate things. Would also like to thank you for letting us know of your frustration with the mattress in your room.
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel was totally redone over the winter and what a difference it has made! Very tasteful; very clean; very comfortable. The staff were friendly as always and the shuttle to SDC is nice, but really, the rooms and the beds are amazing. We have stayed here every year for the past several years at the Holidays to experience the Christmas lights at SDC and while I always liked the location and the staff, I always thought the rooms were worn and dated and the beds like cardboard. No more! Everything has been updated and upgraded! Way to go Best Western!

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robin, thanks for the great words of encouragment on our remodel from the winter. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your holiday stay with us once again. I'm glad to hear that you took advantage of our free shuttle to SDC. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Branson West
Savannah House Hotel
Savannah House Hotel
#7 of 140 in Branson
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,251 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN Branson Inn and Conference Center? Share your experiences!