All reviewsboat dockworked perfectlybassget awaytable rock lakerobcabinbransonrelaxationmo
Reviewed 29 May 2015 via mobile

The small resort is just what we were looking for. Cabins are cozy and very clean.. The roads to the resort are not that great but it is all worth it when you get to the resort... If you are looking for a great place that is priced right when you are right on the waters edge then this is your place.. And I might add the owners are super nice treated us just like family....

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gmail90
Gobblers M, Owner at Gobbler's Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2015

thank you for your great review you left for the resort. it was a pleasure having you. we look forward to having you all back again.. glad you enjoyed the use of the cabin and the whole resort.. once again thanks for the review

Reviewed 26 May 2015

This is a small family run 'resort'. I use the word, resort, generously. It is squeezed onto the side of a hill. The final gravel road to the resort leaves you wondering, 'what did I get myself into?' The office is not clearly marked, nor is the access to the cabins.

The campsite is about 40 minutes from Branson proper.

From the web site pictures, I was expecting the cabins to be mediocre but they were surprisingly decent. There is also an industrial type heater to heat the cabin on a chilly night. The beds were reasonably comfortable with small bedrooms. The living area was reasonably spacious.

The site does have a small pool which appeared to be very clean and ready for summer. ( It was too chilly during our stay ).

There is no open green area for kids to run around in, so that could be an issue if your yungin's need space or you want to toss a frisbee. There is a swimming area off the end of the boat dock, but no beach. I don't think I'd want my kids swimming in the same vicinity where boats are fueled.

The hosts were friendly enough, even helping to carry luggage. The owners are strangely very non flexible with their check in and check out times. A 10am check out time is simply unreasonable ( which we knew going in ). You simply cannot have a relaxing last morning with that time constraint. Furthermore you are expected to do some cleaning in the cabin. So I was left wondering, 'Am I here to enjoy, or just pay them money and do all the work? '

Wifi was provided as was a fair number of television channels with good reception.

Also, this is a pet friendly place ( which they charge extra for ). So, expect to be barked at by other peoples' dogs as you walk by.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank travel0723

Thank you for your review. Sorry you feel like you wasnt staying at a resort. We are a small resort yes at the bottom of the mountain, this is the Ozarks so yes it will not be flat land. Sorry you didnt like the roads that get you to the resort we have been trying our best to get road work done.... It has never taken us 40 mins to get to Branson, unlessits busy with traffic, which traffic is not our fault....There is plenty of grassy areas for kids to play at the resort and lots of core land . Yes we have a big dock with swim deckand I don't know where you got we had fuel at the dock , we don't have a marina. We have a 10 a.m. checkout time because we do all the cleaning on every cabin and trying to get them all done before our new guests get here can be very hard at times, cause alot of people like to show up early. The only thing we ask you to do is sweep tile floors, make sure any dishes that you use are washed and put away, and your trash took to the dumpster. That is not to much to ask. Yes we are pet friendly and yes we do charge for pets. Any place that accepts pets charges now. Once again thanks for the review.

Reviewed 28 April 2015

We stayed 4 nights at Gobbler's Mountain in cabin #1. We enjoyed swimming off the dock and in the pool. We loved that our furry family member was welcome. The cabin was simple, clean, spacious enough for the 3 of us and the screened porch was a perfect addition. One evening we were heading down the dock to relax on the swing overlooking the lake. We said hello as we past a gentleman tying down a boat. He reached his hand out to introduce himself as the owner of the property. He was a super nice guy and told us about the property, how it was acquired and all the work they are getting done around the resort. We had a great experience, loved the views, the lake and the friendliness of the owners and fellow guests.

Room Tip: Cabin #6 has the ultimate view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cristy T

Thank you for your amazing review we appreciate it very much, and enjoyed having you. We are glad you enjoyed yhe swim deck on the dock. We are glad you had a great experience and enjoyed the view. We look forward to having you all back again...

Reviewed 19 November 2014

My husband I wanted a weekend away and hadn't been to Branson/Tablerock area in 5 years. We prefer to stay in cabins and also prefer to be on the lake, so after reading reviews, we decided to get this place a try. I was a little disappointed when we checked into our "cabin" because it was actually a one room unit. My husband is on nights, so I was hoping to have a bedroom w/a door, so that he could sleep later in the mornings if I wanted to get up and shower, cook breakfast, etc. Also, the unit we were in had no curtains or blinds leading to the screened in porch - which made sleeping late almost impossible due to the sun coming in. When we checked in we were told that if we needed anything, to let them know. The next morning, my husband went to the office and told them a few things we needed - one , being something to cover the doorway. They gave us a quilt and tacks and we hung that over the doorway and it worked perfectly. The room was dark in the evenings, so we asked for a lamp and also a small table or tv tray so that we could use our cd player. They brought us a lamp and a tv tray. We didn't see anyone the whole weekend , but knew they were in the office if we needed something. On our last day, we asked to see some of the other cabins , in case we decide to return in the summer, and found out that all the other cabins had been winterized and the unit we were in was the only unit that had heat. Then I realized why we didn't have an actual bedroom. Had I known that, I would have requested the 2 bedroom unit and just paid a little more for the privacy of a bedroom, but it all worked out fine. Once the blanket was up, keeping the sun out, we were able to sleep very well. The king sized bed was so comfortable!! The kitchen had everything we needed to cook with. I would recommend bringing an extension cord along, there weren't many outlets, and it seemed I was always charging something - phone, laptop, camera, etc.
The cabin was very clean , as well as the grounds and the boat dock. It's located on a very quiet part of the lake. We will definitely keep this in mind for a summer trip.

Room Tip: I think all of the cabins would probably have a great view of the lake. We were in #9, which was on the upper road. I don't remember the cabin #, but I think the two by the pool would be nice. Close to the pool, the steps to the dock and excellent views.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VicB423

Thank you for your review and we enjoyed having you and we hope to see you back again here at Gobblers Mountain. We always try to make everyone happy while they stay with us.

Reviewed 21 October 2014

Upon making my reservation, I made sure that the person that I spoke with was aware that I would be bringing a toddler, two eleven year olds and a dog. I was made aware of the $10 charge for the dog and the charge for the boat slip. There was also a statement made at the time about there being a charge for additional persons over two people. I never imagined that I would be charged $10 for each child and anything at all for a 17 month old.
I also made the individual aware that I would be arriving after 11 pm. I was told that the light would be left on at the cabin and the door would be open for us. She said we could take care of things the next morning.
The same individual called me the night we were to arrive to make sure that we were aware of the fact that the room would be unlocked and told us where to park the boat for the night. She once again said to go to the office in the am to get everything finished.
After a flat tire on the highway and a sick child in the car, we finally arrived at the resort at 2am. We opened a very clean and newly remodeled cabin only to find no heat source and a chilly cabin. At no time had the person on the phone said anything about being able to find someone on site to remedy the situation.
We left to take refuge in a heated hotel room and stayed there for the night.
First thing in the morning, I phoned the Gobbler Mountain Resort only to get a voicemail. I left a message stating that we had stayed in a hotel to have heat. I received a return call telling me that we should have rang the bell because that's why they live on site. I told her calmly that I was unaware of that and asked if they had a heating source for the rooms because the temperatures were going to be in the 40's at night. She replied the they had Amish Heaters and that all we had to do was ask. We should have never had to asked to be able to stay warm at night. If the temps are less than 65 degrees, a heater should be in a cabin that had been reserved.
My family wanted to stay on the lake so we returned to the resort. Upon arrival, the office staff seemed upset with me inconveniencing them. There was no smiles or, I'm sorry for what had happened. Just, you should have rang the bell at 2am that's why we live onsite.
When looking at what I was charged, I couldn't believe that she had charged me $30 for the three children, plus $22 for the dog and the boat slip. My inexpensive one bedroom cabin on the lake went from $79 per night to $129 per night. And I was charged for the first night that I had to stay in a hotel to have heat.
After returning to the office, the male owner reimbursed my card for half of the first day charge much to the dismay of the girls in the office. During our three day stay, we never saw the owner or staff unless we were in the office. They didn't make us feel welcome there.
Although the cabin, the dock, and the scenery was amazing, the office staff was not friendly to my family or very accommodating to our needs. With a few smiles and foresight, this trip could have been amazing.

• Stayed: October 2014
1  Thank Bethvet

Sorry you didn't understand everything that was told to you upon checking in. The cabin that you rented is for 2 people, you chose a one bedroom for 5 people. We offered you a biggrer cabin so the extra charge would not effect you and you insisted on the small 1 bedroom. Yes we do have amish heaters for the 1 bedroom cabins. If you ask we get them for you, we don't know how people body tempture is some like it cool in the cabins. We do try to keep everyone happy that come and stay with us, but if you don't let us know of a problem we can not fix it.... We always have a smile on your faces and try our best to never be in a bad mood but as a customer when you are cussing at us its hard to keep that smile. Respect is giving to those who show it....