“Convenient and Comfortable stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites St. Louis Brentwood

SpringHill Suites St. Louis Brentwood
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Brentwood
New York City, New York
“Convenient and Comfortable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Located near a major shopping corridor, conveniently located within driving distance to sites and attractions like the Arch, The loop, Forest Park, and more. We drove, so I'm not sure if this hotel all that accessible to a train station, so I'd rent a car if you plan on saying here. The hotel itself is very well kept, good selection of breakfast, extremely friendly and accommodating staff, and the rooms were very well kept and comfortable. Only thing I would change is children should be supervised in the breakfast area but a staff person when their parents decide to let them use a waffle iron alone, the pool should include a Jacuzzi, and for folks without a car maybe offering a complimentary shuttle to the airport would be a nice touch. Other than that, it truly was a comfortable stay. Would definitely stay at this hotel again next time I visit St. Louis.

Room Tip: Use your AAA discount if you have one
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I've stayed here previously and didn't have a problem, but this time in room 201, an end room, experienced something going on in the wall that bangs loudly at regular intervals ...all night long. It may be a heating/cooling pipe of some sort expanding and contracting, but sounds like a hammer hitting the wall. As well I knew the building backed up to an ASPCA (dog shelter) and asked to please not be put near it ... sure enough, end room at that end of the building, and yes you can hear them, especially starting at 6am. Admittedly irritable and with minimal sleep, I noted this to be a hotel (low end property) that has weighted the doors HEAVILY toward loudly slamming themselves shut. Not what you hope for with Marriott, when all you hope for is the chance for some sleep. Terrible overall experience.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Ann D, General Manager at SpringHill Suites St. Louis Brentwood, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
It is disappointing that your stay was not what is expected of a Marriott hotel. I will follow up with my engineer so that we can fix the noise issue in room 201 and adjust the tension on the door closures so that they won’t slam. I will also work with the front desk associates to make sure that we are more attentive to our guest needs and requests. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we can continue to improve and deliver exceptional service in the future. Please feel free to call me personally if you would like to discuss further at 314-647-8400. I hope to see you again on future visits.
S.W. MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

I recently had a chance to stay in this hotel and really enjoyed my stay. There was a bit of a mix up at the beginning, as much my fault as the front desk’s. I needed a room that was as chemical free as possible and made arrangements to have my room cleaned with more natural cleaners. But at the last minute I changed it to a handicapped room, not realizing that this would give me a king sized bed when I needed a double queen room. After we got to our room and saw the mistake, I was told there were no more rooms, but within five minutes the gentleman at the front desk had found us another room due to a last minute cancellation. It was on the third floor and I was scared of elevators and it hadn’t been cleaned the way I needed it to be, but we took it anyway. The elevator was super smooth and I got over my fear of it, and while the room was scented, it was lovely. The beds were super comfortable, the shower was great and there was tons of hot water for everyone. Even the fold out couch that my 6’4” tall son slept on was comfortable too. We took advantage of a pay per view movie and had one evening just relaxing in the room, and ate food that we had purchased at the local Whole Foods market just a few minutes away. The kitchenette was great and there was just so much room in there!

One of our mornings we went down to a wonderful hot breakfast. I have food allergies and the lady that was in charge of the food was “bend over backwards” kind to me, even going as far as bringing out the container the egg mixture comes in so I could make sure I was OK. There was so much food to choose from and it was all delicious! While at breakfast the head of housekeeping come up to me to make sure that my room was OK, as she thought I wasn’t happy with the housekeeping. I explained to her the mistake and that it was nothing to do with her staff. I was really impressed at her dedication and she was great to talk to.

I really enjoyed my stay here and the next time I come to St. Louis I will stay here again. Everything was wonderful, the staff were gracious and kind and really made me feel pampered. I have no complaints at all.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank hearsthewater
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Pros: Convenient location to all the attractions. Great breakfast selection. I like that they added an extra waffle station. They also opened up a conference room for the overflow breakfast crowd. Several dining options you can walk out the hotel and reach from delis, cafes, and fancy restaurants. Free covered parking.

Cons: This was a free stay and apparently that means handicap accessible so shower only, no tub. After a long drive from Wichita, I was really looking forward to a warm bath. The shower drains into a drain in the middle of the bathroom which is just a mess with kids trying to take a shower and not flood the place. One of our garbage cans had garbage left in it from the last occupant. This wasn’t the normal Spring Hill Suites layout with the sofa separated by the privacy wall. It was a very small room with the pull out bed right next to the two beds. I am sure that was because it was handicap accessible.

Room Tip: Handicap accessible rooms are very small with shower only
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 8675309bergman
Ann D, General Manager at SpringHill Suites St. Louis Brentwood, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for writing a review regarding your stay at our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and location. I apologize that you were checked into an accessible suite. The layout of that suite is different than the other suites. I will review the issue with the floor drain in that suite with the engineer so that we can fix it. Your feedback gives us the opportunity to grow and improve. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel if you would like to discuss further.
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed overnight for business. The hotel is in a central location. The room was very spacious! I stayed in a studio suite with two queen beds. There was a small kitchenette area, living area with workspace, and a lovely bathroom with large walk in shower. The hotel also provided Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner. The bed was very soft and comfortable! It felt like a Temperpedic mattress. I slept better than I have in a long time. I was very satisfied with the quality of the hotel for the price I paid. I've stayed at other hotels in the area that were more expensive and not nearly as nice.
The breakfast at the hotel was wonderful! It far exceeded my expectations! It was exactly what I needed to start a busy day of training. The hotel breakfast on the day I visited included a variety of fresh fruit, scrambled and hard boiled eggs, turkey Canadian bacon, various breakfast pastries, bread, cereal, yogurt, and oatmeal with a myriad of toppings. There were lots of little extras to make this breakfast better than most I've ever experienced. The first thing is that they serve delicious, strong coffee. Most hotels serve coffee, but SHS goes a step further and ensures that they serve a good quality coffee that is fresh. I was pretty tired and was looking forward to a hot cup of coffee. I'm so thankful that their coffee didn't disappoint! Also, they really seem to focus on the details. The oatmeal had at least 6 different topping choices and the eggs had various mix ins as well. They also serve little packets of Nutella!
The hotel is a short drive to the St. Louis Galleria. They even offer printed directions to and from the Galleria upon request. There are two restaurants located in the parking lot and more across the street. I definitely want to stay here when I come to STL again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your detailed review regarding our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again on future visits.
Decatur, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

This hotel is clean and very well maintained. I think it's only a year or two old. The location is great with easy access to 64/40 and centrally located among St. Louis attractions and shopping.

The staff is very helpful and friendly.

And finally we slept great on these fantastic beds!

We'll be back!

Room Tip: Our room was on the fourth floor facing north. Did not hear any street noise whatsoever.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

This hotel was very clean and had a great staff. The location is within 10-15 minutes of St. Louis attractions. There are a lot of dining and shopping options near this hotel. We also enjoyed the sitting area in the lobby.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank smc8557
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brentwood
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Gall...
#1 of 2 in Richmond Heights
Forest Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Louis / Forest Park
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton

Been to SpringHill Suites St. Louis Brentwood? Share your experiences!