“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
ST Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Embassy Suite was a great experience. The rooms are very spacious. I enjoyed the desk space for my computer to the Vanity in the bedroom. The made to order breakfast was a plus all at an affordable price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank Tosca P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
St Louis, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed for three nights with my son who was running in the St. Louis Marathon. Overall I was very satisfied with the room and the complimentary breakfast (which was excellent for a complimentary breakfast). Hotel had been recently remodeled and looked fresh and inviting. Only negative - NO hot tub and pool. I had assumed that ALL Embassy Suites have a hot tub and pool. All staff members were professional - they did a good job.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Pasadena, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

I will start with the positives, the managers reception has a great selection of alcohol and the rooms were nice and clean, I really like the separation of sitting area and bedroom. The facility has been upgraded and this again is nice.

The reason for my title, I reported both morning on the pile of dishes and discarded food in the ice and soda machine area on my floor. I went to the front desk on the first morning and was told, "Thank you we will take care of it". I didn't think any more of it and went on about my day. That evening, going to get ice, I noticed not only were the same dishes there but they had made friends, as the pile had multiplied. I again went to the front desk the next morning and let them know that there were dishes piled on the third floor. The person working the desk almost dismissed me with an ok, there was a glimmer of hope as someone else at the front desk seemed interested in what I had to say. This did make me wonder so I started looking at other floors and I was shocked to see that the other two floors I looked at had the same issues.

We were also there during what seemed to be a sporting type event, this added to the general noise in the hallways and such. The walls in the rooms are thick enough but by the windows you can hear whomever is in the next room. We actually stood in the middle of our room and could hear every single word that was being spoken in the next room.

We will not stay there again.

Room Tip: As I stated the rooms are very nice but the room noise is very high, closing the door to the bedroom...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Kathleen B
Joliet, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

When we arrived the hotel looks very nice. However, there was a smell that was horrible. I told the lady at the front desk and when I returned from dinner the smell wasn't as bad. She also moved us to a different floor. Our room was clean but could use some touch up paint. we found a pillow case and a towel with a hole in it. Breakfast was great! No problem with parking or the staff.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Toi628
Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Almost gave this a poor rating. Will not stay here again. Lets start with the positive things: Managers reception. Well no manager that I saw, but they are heavy on the booze and a good selection at that. Now.. their website says "complimentary appetizers". Breakfast, day one they were out of bacon the whole time I was having breakfast. Day two they were out of silverware for quite sometime. I stayed two nights, and the following were appetizers both nights: Chips, pretzels, salsa, cheese, raw veggies. Have had better at other places for sure. Rooms... NOISY! The walls are okay, but when you get near the front where the windows are, there is a narrow 2 inch strip from the window to where the wall starts that allows all the noise from the room next door to filter through like they were sitting next to you. And my luck it sounded like a dozen people were in the room next to me. At night halls were noisy till late. Oh yeah, watch the vending area, Fri-Sun trash was piled on the floor in the vending area (delivery pizzas, room service trays, glasses (yes on the floor)). Front desk was notified twice of the mess. The first time the person there seemed interested in the problem, but nothing changed 24 hours later except for more trash piled up. The second time the front desk was notified, the clerk seemed to be irritated and said. "yeah, yeah ... and walked off" After taking a trip to other floors and seeing the same thing I could tell this was business as usual for this place.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ted C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Les F.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We truly value your feedback.
We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for sharing.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed at this property in early March on business trvael to the area as this was booked by corporate.The experience was far from pleasant. The front desk seems to have mood swings and that reflects on how they greet you, if they choose to otherwise they'll pretend to be very busy.
The room I was put in was unclean with a very worn carpet and also ripped in a few places. The bed was saggy and in the shower seemed to be caulked up multiple times making it look uglier with black/brown spots showing up on the sides. Water pressure was low. Towels though clean could very well do with being replaced. Afterall you can only wash them so many times.

The morning breakfast clearly reflected penny pinching. If I recalll, ES's have a salt/pepper container on each table but here, only disposable sachet's. Tiny cheap paper napkins, overripe banana's and rotten apples (which I found out later in the day after I picked them up during breakfast).

When I went to order an omelette, the cook was missing. Eventually he was back but didn't seem very happy with taking the orders. The amount of oil/grease used to cook an egg-white omelatte for one of the patrons was astonishing. The guy actually trashed it as soon as he moved off the queue.Even with ore than half the tables empty, table cleaners took their own sweet time removing dishes and cleaning tables.

Nope, won't be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Ak M
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

This was our second stop at this Embassy Suites Hotel in a couple years. It was another Friday night stay. We arrived after 10:30 p.m. so the hotel was pretty full by then. The staff was friendly enough, but the parking situation was a bit sketchy. They told me to park across the street after I circled the lot and found nothing. They may have just told me that ahead of me searching in a full lot. I am pretty sure they knew it was already full. But that is alright, no biggie.

However, this being our second visit, we remembered a lot more quality in the morning dining experience the last time we passed through, two years earlier. The food was just okay. And we were early risers, so I would have expected a lot more food out by the time we were there. There wasn't a lot to choose from. And some items were already out, clearly not much was put out. We were headed on a cruise, so I wasn't too concerned with starving. So I didn't make any mention of it to the staff. They could improve though.

We had a good night of sleep and our room was clean and fortunately had no smells or other issues.

I would stay there again.

The price was good for myself and four little girls.

Room Tip: Make sure to specify non-smoking if you want not smoke smell at all. Our room was fine. Also, we w...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lanamamaomaha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverport
Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverp...
#11 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!