Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I stayed at this property 2 different times within a week. I stayed in a ground floor. Both rooms were freshly painted, new bedding and accessories throughout. Staff was all friendly and very approachable. All were well dressed with bright green sweaters and white crisp shirts. The surrounding area was well lit and I felt very safe. Very affordable, I will be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central

Reviewed 15 September 2012

During the time I have stayed @ Homestead - Airport which is more than a year, I could not have ask for a better place to call home. The Hotel has made countless upgrades and is always remodeling. The Staff gives excellant service. Shontelle, Gem and Donia are the best. It's not many places where the managers will do everything to please the guest, @ Homestead it happens. Maintenance, housekeeping, and the shuttle drivers do whatever they can to please you with a smile. I feel like royality and I know I am safe from any harm. The Hotel is well kept and the decore is number one, not only on the outside, but the inside is beautiful. I can cook in or eat out. You can't find that in the surrounding hotels. I don't want to leave, but I know I will have to. I will recommend Homestead St. Louis Airport to all of my friends and family, or anyone who needs a great Hotel. Thanks Homestead you are Number One.

Room Tip: Smoking is only aloud on the third floor. The corner suites has the best sunlight.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Bethel S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Bethel - I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

My children and I were in transition until moving into our home finalized. When we first arrived we found that our reservation was cancelled due to new employee. I waited in the lobby for over an hour with about 5 other guests as we shared the same experience. I have admit that the general staff was very courteous and kind. Especially the gentleman that checked me in.

1) Initially, the carpet was utterly filthy. When taking the elevator to the 3rd floor and stepping out, I was utterly amazed. I had to reassure my children that this was temporary. What an absolute hideous reflection on management. Thank God that within days of checking in they informed the guests that new carpet was being put in.

2) Faulty smoke alarm. While preparing for church one morning, I prepared breakfast. Simply eggs, sausage and toast. The smoke alarm would not turn off even when there weren't even cooking and smoke was clearly gone. The front desk called and asked us to open our window and from that point on. I just kept them open. The manager came to my door with the maintenance man and asked me if they could come in. Let them in and also advised that the fan on the stove did not work. To my understanding, the fire alarm company was coming to check for a short in the wiring for the smoke alarm but there was no follow up. The fan above the stove was never repaired in my 2 week stay.

3) The lighting in the room did not work. We had to do tremendous work arounds to do homework and view our computer. Only the kitchen and the bathroom was operational.

4) We also woke up to a fire alarm in the wee hours of the morning. I felt like I was in a fleabag nightmare. We had to evacuate and stand out side.

5) I've stayed at Homestead Suites in Westport where it was extremely clean and professional and all of the cooking utensils were present. The airport location had missing items in inventory and the dishes that were present were absolutely filthy. I had to get bleach immediately and disposable products to eat with.

6) Lastly, prior to my last week of stay. I stopped by the front desk prior to going to work to pay for 8 days. I did not know the employee was new.I paid with the departure date for the 8 days on the receipt only to be told on the 7th day that I only paid for 7 days. I want to speak with management at this point because I knew that there was a misunderstanding that needed to be straightened out. Well, I was spoken to in a very condescending and defensive manner by the manager. I had to explain to her that her hotel jargon is not something I'm knowledgable of because I'm not in the hotel industry. She continued on with further rude comments and snide remarks. Extremely unprofessional.

I work in a very highly customer focused environment and I'm appalled how someone would treat a customer and I choose to make sure that everyone in each level of management is aware. I've stayed in all level of hotels pretty much everywhere due to ministry and leisure but by FAR... this is the worst experience I've ever had in 42 years of life and 18 years of ministry!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Marshell S

Marshell - I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed one night and we found that the hotel was located in a decently safe location but the room was dirty. Shower curtain was mouldy (you'd think that they would change this - it's an easy and cheap fix), carpet in hallway was disgusting (the dirtiest I've ever walked on) and there were unidentifiable stains on the counters. The full kitchen was decent for the money you're paying but you would need to supply your own utensils and dishes...not that I would use the utensils that they'd provide.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.

Reviewed 13 August 2012

This place is dirty and reeks of cigarette smoke. We booked through Priceline ($20/night) and, while I didn't expect much for that price, I expected more than this mess. This is the worst hotel Priceline's ever put me in. The carpets are stained and disgusting and, while our room didn't reek of cigarette smoke, it did have a musty smell that permeated everything in the room, including our clothing. The shower doesn't get very warm. The TV has a very limited number of channels. It was just....eh. We won't go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). It would be our pleasure to have you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand locations in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Although hotel was a bit scary and dirty, I just want to compliment Shontelle and also the shuttle driver. If both of those employees were in a different setting, it would have been perfect. It made me want to be Undercover Boss and tear down the hotel, but take Shontelle and the shuttle driver to new hotels and give them raises!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff, specifically Shontelle and our Shuttle Driver. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

I have used Priceline to get many hotels in the Saint Louis area and have ended up here on several occasions. This hotel has gotten worse every time. The last time everything was sticky, the shower was moldy, the sinks all leaked, the shower head didn't work properly, the hall looked gross, and things around the property were in disrepair.

The time before, the room was clean, but it took a long time to get the pots and pans that I needed to cook my dinner.

This place is hit and miss, but if you can avoid this one, do it.

On a positive note, the water is hot, and they have a nice flat screen TV in most of the rooms.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor are the better rooms unless you get the "show room" It looks...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Mooseskinner
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead St. Louis - Airport. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Hampton Inn St. Louis-Airport
Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center
Marriott St. Louis Airport

Been to Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central? Share your experiences!