“Night Audit Hell...FIX IT!!!”

Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
“Night Audit Hell...FIX IT!!!”
Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

We arrived at nearly midnight on a weeknight after attending a Cardinals game. We had booked (and prepaid) for our room last minute so there was no cancellation option. When I came to the door at 11:30pm I saw that the front desk was shut up for the night. I picked up the entry phone and asked for a late check-in. I was told there was a problem with the night audit so I could not be checked in until the computer system was fixed. My seven year old was asleep in the car so we asked if we could have an empty room until it was fixed. No. Apparently there is no way to tell what rooms are empty. Given that we prepaid, we are sticking it out to get our room. It has been 2 hours. At this point little can be done to remedy this visit.

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank PettTravel
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described about your check-in being delayed due to a computer issue is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I met with the staff, and am hosting additional training for all of our front desk employees to ensure that emergency procedures are in place so that this issue is not repeated.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. Please feel free to contact me directly, at sla @extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 13 June 2013

After waiting 25 minutes for me to get a room because the manager was out doing rounds and checking on the cleanliness if the rooms after housecleaning was completed it was very disturbing to be wakened by the fire alarm; firemen and police. It's great there was no fire anywhere and no one injured (I think it was someone just pulling the alarm).

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Golfman66
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the fire alarm is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please contact me at, sla@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Bridgeton hotels

Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed in the extended stay hotel for the memorial day weekend between the 5/24/2013 to 5/27/2013 in room number 141 . The first thing I noticed was the bedsheets had stains in them.Second the AC did not work and the sofa cushions had a tear in them.

I guess the staff gets a bonus if they reduce the number of muffins consumed during breakfast, the receptionist was guarding the muffins as tough it was some national treasure, only thing missing was a safe deposit locker to keep the muffins in. Like in times of war standard muffin issue was 1 per person no more and if I needed more I had to drag my wife and 2 year old kid out of the room and prove that they exist ,they are human and need to eat only then reluctantly did the staff part with the muffins.

I would never recommend this hotel , and if you still decide to go ahead take your own sheets and make other arrangements for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Maathangi
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your stay with us was not 100% satisfactory. I apologize that the grab-and-go breakfast was not easily accessible. As it is a new feature, the staff is standing by just to ensure that there is enough for all of our guests to enjoy. With your remarks in mind, I will speak with them about watching over it in a less intimidating way moving forward. As well, I am working with our housekeeping staff to ensure the cleanliness issues you outlined are rectified and not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sla@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 2 May 2013

After spending 4 nights on business at the Crowne Plaza next door to this property I thought I would give it a try since it was less than 1/2 the price. It sits between the Crowne Plaza and Embassy Suites and is a very nice newer looking building and well kept. Honestyl when I checked in I was not expecting to find the room to be as nice as it was, it had a nice kitchen, bedroom with flat screen tv, and the bathroom was nice. The difference was in the bed and the mattress, you could definetly tell it was very cheep quality, but for the price I could live with that. What I was not expecting is when I went out that night and returned around 2 am. The office was shuttered and no one was keeping house. I never felt I was in danger, but I did not feel at ease. People were still up and wondering around the parking lot, inside the entry where you come from the outside door which is unlocked to where you put your room key to open the other door. And once I got in I ran into people who were coming in from a back door smoking and in the hall. People were in the hall all night, not screaming, but laughing and talking very loudly. It sounded like they were in your room because the walls and doors had no sound barriers at all. I don't understand why a nice place like this would not have security at night patrolling the parking lot and halls to keep things under control, just their presence would have eliminated most of this. If you do plan on staying here, take a sound machine to block out the noice, and sleeping pills!

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor where people are coming and going
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank steven h
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Steven - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so happy to read your remarks about being pleasantly surprised by the quality of our guest rooms. Our team strives to provide all of our guests with clean, comfortable rooms. However, I am very sorry to hear that you felt unsafe at certain points throughout your stay. Please know, the staff and I take guest safety very seriously and would never allow anyone to be put in harms way.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at sla@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Cedar Rapids
Reviewed 21 April 2013

This hotel was booked on a website where you aren't aware of the hotel name until after you book. As such, I wasn't as parepared for my stay as I could have been, to no fault of the hotel, however. My late arrival was greeted by a pleasant desk clerk who had no problems quickly locating my reservations. She asked if I needed any amenities "like toothpaste or anything," which I thought was very nice but odd at the same time. Found out when we got to our room that maybe she asked us that because the room does not have the usual travel-size ammenities like shampoo, conditioner and lotion, nor is there a blowdryer. The next morning when I asked the front desk if they had some shampoo the clerk on duty informed me that they do not and I was told that I could purchase some out of the vending machine for $2. Later that morning I asked a different clerk if they provide complimentary shampoo and she said "of course" and pulled out a basket from the front desk with shampoo, etc. So that was a little frustrating after I'd already purchased the $2 tiny packet of Breck from vendoland!
Our room was spacious and clean and included a mirrored door closet with built-in wire shelf, two-burner stove top, apartment size refrigerator/freezer, toaster, microwave and ironing board and iron. Rooms have only one queen bed each, there are no "doubles." The hotel boasts of new flat screen TVs in every room but the tv did not appear to be LCD or HD- the screen had the same quality as old analogs; also, the setting was such that the very top of the show on every channel was cut off with no seeming way to adjust the picture using the remote or anything on the TV itself.
There is no housekeeping service during your stay of less than 5 days, however, you can ask for clean towels each day if you want. There is no maintenance during the evening and overnight hours. And if your garbage fills up the hotel provides recepticles around the property which you can empty it into.
Breakfast is described as 'grab n go' because there is no seating. It's basically a bookshelf-type setup with 3 large coffee and one hot water carafes, a selection of tea bags, Quaker oatmeal and cocoa envelopes on top. Below that are baskets holding a variety of granola bars, apples and oranges, and some pre-packaged muffins (and the spoons and cups).
Considering the price we paid ($32) and the fact that the room was clean I give it a good rating. I also have to say that this was probably the QUIETEST hotel I've ever stayed at. I dont' think we heard neighbors' doors shutting or voices or anything at all during the night.

Room Tip: All rooms are one queen bed only.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank whatofit
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for giving us your feedback. The in-room amenities include soap and kitchen utensils; however, we do have some available with the front desk or within vending machines. This should be communicated to you upon check-in. Since it was not, I will be sure to review this piece of the check-in procedure with our Front Desk staff. The same goes for our housekeeping policy, which is every 7-days or in between upon request for a minimal fee. I apologize for this miscommunication on our part. Still, I am very pleased to hear that the staff was helpful and you found our hotel to be extremely quiet.

Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future. I would like to discuss your stay in further detail. Please contact me at sla@extendedstay.com. Sincerely, Tami Hilton, General Manager
Benton
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I stayed at this property 2 different times within a week. I stayed in a ground floor. Both rooms were freshly painted, new bedding and accessories throughout. Staff was all friendly and very approachable. All were well dressed with bright green sweaters and white crisp shirts. The surrounding area was well lit and I felt very safe. Very affordable, I will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#7 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Marriott St. Louis Airport

Been to Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central? Share your experiences!