“I would rather sleep in the hotel of "The Shining"”

and 1 more site!
Americas Best Value Inn Bridgeton - St. Louis / North
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Hideous! I wanted to run ... But the GPS was not working, it was 1 AM, I had already driven for 7 hours straight and had no more strength.

Very dirty and stinky! I asked the employee if the breakfast was included in the daily exorbitant and he said "yes".

In the morning, there was only a bottle of coffee and a tray of apples.

The walls are narrow and can hear perfectly the couples side.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Georgia G

Reviewed 17 November 2012

Dirty, smelly, cockroaches crawled out of the walls at night. By far the worst motel 6 I have ever stayed in. I stayed there with 3 other people and we we're all grossed out. I usually stay at motel 6es because of the pet policy but I didn't expect them to be so insect friendly too!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Patchy67
Reviewed 17 November 2012

We stayed at this shelter..yes i said shelter (people live here..including prostitutes..drug dealers) for one night and let me tell you reviewers the situation. We arrived 11/10/12, approx. 1230 noon to check in, the man was going to assist us but the woman jumps up from behind the desk with a surprise look on her face (clue #1)...signs posted "NO REFUNDS" everywhere (clue #2)..The room that was first rented to us was rm 460, it smelled like a dog, cat, and something died in there. ..We requested a refund..but NO REFUNDS..so they cleaned up another rm 562 and put a microwave nd tv in there. We left and came back around 12 am, and they had closed the rm out "you didnt leave your stuff so we locked the room" they said. So they let us back in and it was better but still not the best. While in the rm another customer came at 1230 am to try to get in our rm, and another at 330 am. The night worker rented our rm out to other people while we were there sleeping..started to call the police. We told those people off when we checked out and all they said was "sorry". Never again..and please dont stay here if you can help it.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank keykey27
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I've stayed in some 'interesting' places as a pretty avid traveler, including many of the cheaper option motels in the States. Having stayed in ABV before and found them pretty good, I thought this would be ok. I was SOOO WRONG! I had to move rooms 3 times - first room they sent me to, couldn't get the door open as it had been barricaded by a mattress, second room had no shower - just what looked like a shed off the side with a hose pipe sticking out the wall (clearly the room wasn't meant to be used yet!), third room I kept but it was gross. All the rooms looked pretty horrific from the outside, with numbers falling off the doors, and you could see mattresses with holes & springs coming out of them leaning against windows, stuff falling off the ceilings & railing - it was like a scene from Trainspotting! The only reason I didn't leave was because a Cardinals game was on and there was literally no where else to stay & it was getting really late!! In addition to this, I got harrassed in the parking lot for money, and I swear I saw two blokes with a gun! Seriously, you're more likely to get murdered here than you are to have a good night's sleep! I have stayed in dungeons in Bangkok that were nicer than this place!!!

Room Tip: Just leave!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank Maisie L
Reviewed 18 September 2012

(This place looks like it is somewhere you would bring a prositute, commit a murder, or make a drug deal.) When we arrive at the hotel they place us in the wrong room. Finally we get that straighten out and when we got to our room there were stains on every single item in the room. (It was obviously not cleaned!!) The sheets had stains all on them. Bathroom sink had dried spit. Tub had brown and red stains all in it ( If i were to take a shower there i would of def had to wear my flip flops in the bathtub). Hotel did not leave towels in room. Went down to lobby and all they could give were 2 towels no rags because they were "all out" Toliet was horribly disgusting it was leaking all over the floor and the toliet itself looked like some had just taken a poop in it (brown rings all in it) Complimentary soap had food smeared all on it, Swimming pool looked like it was a sewer. When I had booked the room it told me I would recieve 20% off my bar tab since I booked 14 days early.. Turns out they dont have a bar and manager said that is for a diff location when it clearly has their address! There was NO WAY we could stay one night in that hotel, when we went to check out all they were worried about is if we used the towels or not (which we DIDNT). They give no refunds. I will be calling the corp office!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank heather k
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I have stayed in ABV Inns before and had no complaints, but this place ought to be dozed in. Carpets were filthy, there were stains on the wall beside the bed of ????, but I have my opinion on that. The place had roaches, the bathroom was gross. There's just nothing good to say about the place. I got to the lobby, and it was locked at 7pm - had to go to the night window, and right by the window there is a sign saying no refunds for any reason. The pool looked like a swamp and was closed. The place looks like a hangout for hookers and dope smoking parties. I contacted ABVI corporate about this place, and they advised me they would contact the hotel for a response to my complaint. I was disappointed in the response from corporate as they didnt get back to me for over a month, and then only after I pestered them. At this point they offered a one night refund, but no explanation for the crappy hotel, other than their hotels are independently owned and they only have to meet minimum criteria to carry the chain's name. I can't fathom any lower standards than this place. If I could give it a negative rating I would. Stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Find one in another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank sfpd412
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This hotel is dirty. We stayed here waiting for our other place to open up thinking we were going to save some money and be able to relax and be comfortable. The first night we had to be moved because of roaches. Tried to call the front desk and the phone didn't work. When I requested a refund on my remaining days left, I was told no refund, but I would be moved to another room. The new room has no roaches, but the a/c didn't work, the sink leaks, and the fridge doesn't work. Not to mention, the noise, and the people just sitting in the stairwells. There are several children running around in the area. We are only staying because I can't get my money back, but I am making a complaint with the BBB.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Montana314
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western St. Louis Airport
SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City
Hollywood Casino St. Louis Hotel
Hollywood Casino St. Louis Hotel
#15 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport
Extended Stay America - St Louis - Airport - Central

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Bridgeton - St. Louis / North? Share your experiences!